Why have you not read the best poet of our time yet?

Why have you not read the best poet of our time yet?
She really captures what it's like to be a women.
:^)

It is
my
body

It is
beautiful

>here's an illustration of a cat playing with a ball of yarn or something
>cue 10/10 NYT review

>She really captures what it's like to be a women.
you're not wrong

Does she get good reviews though? I thought she was just popular but most critics thought she belonged back on Instagram.

10/10

I'm not convinced yet that she's not a troll.

She's a best seller.
I know a cormagnam like you wouldn't understand poetry like this.
It's on another level.

>As a young woman of colour in a world where white, male delectations are treated as the definitive barometer of taste, Kaur speaks a truth that the literary establishment is unlikely to understand. Even the most sincere critique of her work can slide from healthy debate into vicious attack at the turn of a page. But to read Kaur’s success as an omen of the death of poetry would be to unfairly dismiss writing that contains bravery, beauty and wisdom. Frankly, the literary world is saturated with white male voices of dubious quality. Kaur’s poetry should be given the same freedom to be flawed.

You shitlords just don't get it.

Well, the reviewer didn't deny that it sucks.
She just said that it's only good because she's a minority and a woman.

nah i just have good taste ;^)

"Freedom to be flawed" is a backhanded compliment. The critic knows Rupi sucks but wants to be politically correct about it

>the best poet of our time

*blocks your path*

Read this for class, was dreading it. Read it. Not horrible, just fine

It's miles ahead of what Rupi Kaur has been doing at any rate.

Nah, your initial impression was right, it's just that this seems like the type of shlock that NYT would praise.

Might I remind you that it's a best seller.

That's nice. Not a masterpiece, but If you bleach trough the instagram fashion, it's just feels.jpg for women who know life, or pretend they know life, or like to imagine that they know life. “I know that feel, sis”.

Nothing as sweet as rich female roastie sexual rejection self pity.

No it isn't nice.
It's cliche

The real masterpiece

I heard NPR promoting her a few weeks ago. They were talking about how amazing she was and even had her on for an interview.
>inb4 'listening to NPR'

>Frankly, the literary world is saturated with white male voices of dubious quality
omg like so true we need more WoC voices!

>Another "woman chooses to be fucked by miles and miles of dick then tries to get deep about it" episode

Why can't they ever just sulk in peace

milkies and her honey when

wooooooow that's so elegant. what's stronger than the human heart. true

>it's not good but it's important
Worst """criticism""" one person could come up with

She still hasn't outdone Nale. She is basically writing on the level of a 4-year-old, which is fine, but not for someone of her age.

Honestly I've been considering keeping a copy of milk and honey in my bag. everytime i read a poem from it i feel better about myself.

Nael*

This is much more interesting.

like and follow @puu_indahloo

Okay you got me. That's funny.

You guys are all cis white males who don't understand the struggle of a woman of color who is literally raped in every relationship she enters........or are you?

>find out friend bought milk and honey
>get into argument about whether or not kaur is good
>tell him that she openly admits that she doesn't read and buys books based on their cover
>mfw he says that perfectly describes him

I will never not be mad about the state of contemporary publishing.

If just a tenth of you would seek out good contemporary poetry instead of just complaining about a single living poet, this board would be immeasurably better.

completely fractured and unclassifiable?

based fucking nael, my god

"No-one ever comes"

Not sure whether this was intentional at all

that's the idea, die bookfag

this is true but I love rupi threads so much

They produce a lot of creative shitposting, which is more than you can say for most

wish I had instagram just for this, pham.