Canterbury tales project

Okay so I've got this project to do in my English class that I think is absolutely a waste of valuable time. It's over the Canterbury tales, and we have to make like fake Facebook profiles for them. Any ideas on what some of the characters might say in their walls?

Jesus fucking Christ

Get out of that school asap

Yeah you're telling me. It's either this or you have to draw busts of a few of the characters and then write about them. All of these projects they give us are super fucking vague and asinine. I'm a grown ass man making fake profiles over a book that literally melts my brain to try and focus on as I read. I would get out if I could, user.

Make lots of fart jokes

If you're in college OP thats pretty goddamn disgusting.

Just end it all

It's against Zuckbook rules, too.
Why is she (i assume your professor is a woman given how 'playful' this assignment is) treating you like an 11-year-old?
Characters don't matter, this isn't Harry fucking Potter stretch my god damn legs.
I swear if I have anything this ridiculous in my Chaucer course next semester

you have to be at least 18 to post here you faggot

Hugbox assignment. The End is nigh.

>the absolute state of lit ed

Thought about it honestly
Well they make us use this dumbshits class tools website for fake profiles specifically so it's not really ON Facebook itself.

And you'll be surprised to learn my professor is a middle aged man that likes to teach adults like they're fucking children. It's actually a brit lit class since that was the only thing available for me to dreg through requirements on what I do need. Hopefully you don't get stuck doing this dreadful shit.

And I am 18 you meatgazer

I really do appreciate that you all feel for me on how goddamn awful this is to have to try and accomplish but can I please just actually get some help with this?

Do you have to make profiles for a bunch of characters or just one?

They want at least three character profiles in this assignment.

if you don't like the Canterbury Tales you're a literal uncultured brainlet.

The assignment is stupid but it's nothing more than writing basic profiles for all of the characters. It's simple. Since you seem developmentally disabled just go read wikipedia to get a basic understanding of their personalities and make shit up. Literally should take 10 minutes.

Also reminder that The Decameron is much better than Canterbury Tales and should be taught over it. Chaucer couldn't even finish it even though he was ripping off a much better author. Anglophiles will never admit this.

It's like I actually can't even sit there and focus on it for ten minutes without my brain melting from trying. Took me forever to read the prequels and I still couldn't tell you jack shit about them.

I'm an electrician, not a writer, dammit!

>prequels

Oh yeah no the textbook doesn't even have the main text we literally got told to just read the SparkNotes on it.

Holy shit.

At this point I'm unsure whether you're not just trolling us

And people wonder why it's hard to get a job with a HS diploma or associates degree nowadays

>Mrw my education system is literally autistic.

I assure you I'm not fucking with you.

Are you in Pennsylvania? I had to do this exact assignment for my middle aged man english teacher

I bet he is in High School

I bet Chaucer is rolling over in his ye olde grave.

Missouri. I'll bet it's the exact same directions even.

You've unraveled my scheme. It's still this autistic though this is literally the only English class available to me as a senior and they have done maybe two things really pertaining to British literature this entire goddamn year I just want to finish so I can leave this backwards ass, criminal ass school district so I can do my electrician gig full-time

>high schools have multiple english classes
america...

Reminds me of my high school English classes. Here's a tip: English is a joke. I'm surprised literacy rates aren't single digits with the way the American education system has set up its language education. You don't learn how to read and you don't learn how to write. It's a giant waste of time.

With that said, do you have to do profiles for all of them, or just some? Is there a rubric?

If there is a rubric they sure didn't give it to us. And we only have to do profiles for at least three of them. I think he's just looking that we "understand" Chaucer's work

And I know English is a joke especially in this god awful district. The school board is entirely football enthusiasts and politicians. Not a single fucking teacher. In the last three years at least three kids have died and a teacher got arrested for banging multiple girls in the school.
Rather than try and improve district scores on academic shit (only one school in the area is worse) we spent nearly a million dollars on replacing the turf and scoreboard at the stadium because some dipshits they let slide won state for the first time since 2005

You know, I'm a strong reader and I have been complimented on my writing but the shit takes me so long and was never restricted by a set of goddamn instructions.

Kek I remember my senior year in high school, the teacher got mad and decided to give us a "hard" final exam. The final exam was a list of the parts of speech, and the assignment was to describe them. We were given 90 minutes.
>mfw people made it to the last year of high school and didn't know what a fucking adjective or a pronoun was
>mfw people asked me for the answers because I finished in a few minutes

I literally had to do this exact thing for the Canterbury Tales when I was in middle school.

Universal literacy was a mistake. When you have so many jackoffs resding and writing, it lowers the standards of prose and speech.
This post gave me flashbacks of my high school days. I had class mates who could do simple arithmetic, my junior year English class was taught by the baseball coach, and he hardly ever gave us any assignments. On 4/20, he actually showed us The Wizard of Oz with The Dark Side of the Moon album playing (which actually does sync nicely). I could sleep through my classes and not do any homework, and still get a B. We were also graded on a more strict grading scale than the standard 10-point scale.

>can't work with a book
>can't work with summary of the book
>wonders why class is being given assignment for retards