How do you hide your power level when confronted with awful art...

How do you hide your power level when confronted with awful art? I'm at my brother's house for a few days and he put on an interview with Greta Gerwig that was so incredibly banal I threw up.

what did he say after you threw up? was he concerned for your health?

He asked what happened and I had to tell him, hence my thread. He was really upset. Do I just lie? Say I ate something?

Just say it was good then repeat 3 plot points over and over.

its cringy as fuck that you think you have power level

>good friend of mine sent me a free audiobook of the latest Dan Brown novel because she knows I love reading and wants to have somebody to talk about it with
How do I tell her I don't want to read Da Vinci Code shit while acknowledging it was very thoughtful and nice of her?
I might tell her I'll go through it with her if she reads a book of mine but she also said she values absolutely nothing in a book but plot. What's a good book with a very solid, interesting plot for the kind of person who would read Dan Brown? I'd say The Count of Monte Cristo but it might be a bit long.

>How do I tell her I don't want to read Da Vinci Code shit while acknowledging it was very thoughtful and nice of her?

Trick:

Most people put the bad part at the end. Just reverse it. Instead of:

I love you, BUT (heart stopper) it's not my thing

It's not my thing, but I love you.

Throws them for a loop and jars them into conscious thought. Then they realize that... you love them.

Don't be too cynical about it... reads like a form letter

>He doesn't have a power level

why do you care about 'hiding' anything? tell him its fucking stupid. art is dead, stop being afraid of saying it

maybe you could try reading the book she wanted to share with you rather than dismissing it outright due to your preconceived notions of what is literary like a fucking pseud.

I have very limited free time to read and would prefer not to spend it on a book that I know is shit. I've read parts of other Dan Brown books, don't try to tell me he's some underrated hidden gem and The Da Vinci Code is a masterpiece that I'm too pretentious to understand.

You can read The Da Vinci Code in a couple of hours. Just swap it in next time you're not doing anything but wasting time anyway. Like browsing lit....

Hey thanks for the tip, friend.

Count of Monte Cristo is too 'dry' (for a Dan brown reader)

Try something like the secret history or even gone girl for something more 'literary' but also still a thriller

Or give her Eco's Name of the Rose tho that might be too advanced (kek)

> knowing something you haven't read is shit
> not being a pseud
pick one

I miss trying to decipher her videos

>I have very limited free time to read
Yet here you are.

>He asked what happened and I had to tell him, hence my thread. He was really upset. Do I just lie? Say I ate something?
you just told him. why would you lie now you monkey ? aslo people like you who always feel the need to voice their opinions on any matter just because they simply disagree are pompous cocksuckers. realise the fact that your a terrible human bean and leave your brothers appartmant in shame and apologize for your autistic """"""""powerlevel""""""""

When you get older you realise how banal it is getting upset over trivial things of such. You can disagree all you like, and claim your opinion, but liking other things doesnt make you better than others.

It does make me better than others though. If only in that one distinct sense. I respect people who read better books more so why not myself as well?