FUCK HEMINGWAY

I had a lot to say about how much i dislike Hemingway, but then i accidentally reloaded the page with ctrl+r instead of opening a new tab with ctrl+t and i lost my entire, lengthy musing

therefore, i say without any feeling of guilt, and in overly brief, and intentionally concise style of my most hated, most "influential" author, FUCK HEMINGWAY

>fuck Hemingway
I'm sure he would have liked it if you did.

imagine what a treasure it may have been to behold this highly relevant fable of Americana's tragedy had it been written by some other individual than he, this thread's most scorned upon and most detested author

instead, we are left with only a simplistic, sardonic view of our society, and emblazoned with the memory of only one simplistic, if not, admittedly, ingenious catchphrase... "if only I had the boy"

So would I desu

Why?

'cause he was a fraud, and worse, he knew it, and intentionally took advantage of it

Explain further

He thought he was a MAN but he WASN'T. He was just a faggot. With his fucking hunting and fishing and womanizing and boxing -- psh, what a fucking faggot! He was just trying to cover up the fact that he WASN'T a man!

Real men are like me, they don't have to hunt or fish or womanize or box (or, in fact, know how to). They just ARE men. They don't try to prove it.

I don't think this is what this user meant.
People like to make fun of Hemingway about this but the ones that claim he is a bad writer usually have a different reasoning.

Hemingway WAS A BAD FUCKING WRITER BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HIS SENTENCES. I LIKE MY SENTENCES FOUR PAGES LONG MINIMUM AND WITH A BUNCH OF LATINATE WORDS.

hemingay is a smelly yank with no talent

Yes, that's closer. Still I don't see why he is a fraud.

eloquently stated my friend, and further proofed in the 1999 song "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" by the Geto Boys, made popular by the film "Office Space"... and I quote...
"But real gangsta-ass niggas don't flex nuts
'Cause real gangsta-ass niggas know they got 'em "
Hemingway was, indeed, the personification of someone who was NOT a "real gangsta ass nigga"

indeed i do have entirely different reasoning, although this presentation i have prior responded to does announce much of Hemingway's character to which I am so sorely opposed, and therefore I felt it worthy of response

I will responded further to the inquiry of what make him a bad writer in my own time and with my own prose, as i'm certain he himself would have approved

ahhhhh and so we have it, our first seriously satirical attack upon the argument made against our most hailed Author, Ernest Hemingway. I'm certain you have rated all of his books a perfect 5 stars, and perhaps even written lengthy, yet overly concise reviews of them on Goodreads.com, have you not?
Well............. let it be known, you are of no more consequence than the creatures of the night to me, the ones who spend their days pilfering trash cans and traversing the tunnels of the sewer system

Ah, monsieur, dost thou deign to even attempt to try to hurl an argument at me? Monsieur, try to saith that shit to me in real life and I will rippeth off your manhood with my bare hands monsieur. Verily I see you also are a connoseiur of the arts as I am and I also am willingeth to go to fisticuffs over this issue of Hemingwayeth, monsieur.

very well, proceed to construct an argument which may have any chance to sway me from my presently, historically, and indeed eternally held view that the aforementioned Ernest Hemingway was any kind of a worthy contributor to literature, and, if I, in my own time, and in my own virtue, deem it worthy of recognition and response, I may, verily, respond

>does announce much of Hemingway's character to which I am so sorely opposed
What about it makes you so sore? How does it reflect on your assessment of him as an author? How is he a fraud?

Nah I'm just kidding. I like his characters, worldview, and stories though. Something very sad, touching, and relating about the works. It's about the experience of manliness sometimes; if he hadn't written of it so clearly, someone else would've had to.

It's boring cliche shit

>lenghty musing
>overly brief

No wonder you hate the greatest prose stylist ever to grace English language.

Why is there always some "witty" sarcastic post that makes a strawman out of someone's argument or non-argument in every Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums thread that dislikes something?

WhY is theRe aLwayS SoMe "wIttY" SaRcaStIc pOst ThaT mAkes a sTrAwmaN Out oF SomeOnE's ArGumEnt Or Non-arGumeNt iN eVeRy Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums thrEad thaT DisLikEs SomEthIng?

Keep 'em cucked, Ernest!

I thought Hemingway's books were all about bringing to light that those attributes considered manly werent actually valid, a few of his short stories make the men seem sad as fuck despite living the Chad life.

what the fuck is wrong with that woman's face jesus fuck

This

She's thinking long and hard (and dark)

the strawman is far and away the most powerful argumentative device
presidents get elected with the strawman
innocent people are sentenced to life in prison because of the strawman, or conversely, criminals goes free by that same strawman
and, as if it's not obvious, /pol/ would not even exist if it weren't for the strawman

The Old Man and the Sea is actually perfect as it is, and easily the culmination of Hemingway's work. The simplicity of his writing fits perfectly with the Old Man and his views on life/lifestyle.

Why? He is a good writer. Maybe he was a bit of a macho man but he wasn’t a pussy, he nearly had his leg blown off while working as an ambulance driver, he received medals for his bravery in WW2, he really did box, and quite well for an amateur. How is he a hack or a fraud?

Lol I saw this midget outside my rehearsal building yesterday in LA. I always figured he was dead judging by his album covers.