Writer's block is a fedora meme and excuse for laziness. Prove me wrong

Writer's block is a fedora meme and excuse for laziness. Prove me wrong.

[Neo_disgusted.jpg]

Check this out

I can't. I've got a ton of ideas about what to write about, but I'm not good enough of a writer to accurately capture the story, so I just don't write.

tfw no original ideas ever

I can't. I know I'm lazy and that my job is more important to me than my writing.

The Matrix is actually not a very good movie, at the end of the day.

if you dont get writers block your not discriminating and developing your ideas enough

The Matrix as a trilogy or just the first movie?

The first one is actually dope and if you don't see that why even live?

Pretty much this. The people saying that writers block isnt real are the actual mememasters due to them never even coming close to producing anything decent. Lol just write bro!!11

>The Matrix is actually not a very good movie, at the end of the day.
yep, it's more of an afternoon after lunch kind of movie

>not watching The Matrix at night in a trench coat and Mobius sunglasses

why even live?

Write fanfiction for the unwashed masses for a bit to build your confidence.
That's what I did, now I'm confident enough to attend novel November next year.
I just need to read 100 books and some philosophy papers before than.

>tfw you don't have any stories you're actually invested in telling
>tfw no matter how hard you try, you can't do more than fart out 30 pages worth of scenes out of sequence and then give up.

write genreshit, the stories already exist, you just fill the gaps

You don't think I've tried that?
I've been trying to write for about 15 years. I've tried everything.

how hard can it be to read campbell's hero's journey and force a magical lesbian space girl and a few space vampires into that mold?

Because I want to write something that isn't absolute shit!
I don't know! I don't understand it! Am I retarded? Is it because I have crippling depression?
I don't fucking know. I have over 600 open documents on my computer. Statistically, at least 1 of them has to be worth something, but I haven't finished anything.

The first one ois cheesy and the acting isn't very good. The script is weak. The depth is a meme.

write short stories for kids about diversity and tolerance

I've tried that too!
I was inspired by Howl's Moving Castle (the book, of course), but then I lost the 3 pages I'd written and I got so mad I couldn't keep writing.
I'll try, but everytime, I remember that I lost the data and I get furious.

I'll try again, because honestly, I actually like it- I've got a few fantasy stories that I really want to write
the children's book: Loving couple has 3 children named after flowers. A witch steals the youngest one, and the other two children go off in search of her to save their sister. TWIST! the sister went to live the witch on her own accord. It would be great. A lot of circumventing gender stereotypes, and commentating on - stuff.

Like, the story follows the 2nd sibling, the brother, who is quiet, while his sisters are loud. Mom's favorite, despite being a boy, y'know. Solves the typical fantasy trials creatively, with female orientated ideas, like sewing needles and shit.

I want to read something by you. I have the same issue. Get in touch if you're willing to share your work.
[email protected]

Someone once told me that good writers don't think about what they're going to write before they start to write it.

What say you, Veeky Forums?

intuitive thinking vs logical thinking, they think about it but not in a fleshed out way so there's room for nuance instead of just imposing lifeless structures

sorry, I don't do that? not on Veeky Forums.

has a point, but I don't really understand what that's supposed to imply. I mean, not thinking is impossible- even if you focus on aesthetics rather that functional writing, you still have to have an idea about what you want your story to do.

This is, more or less, how I interpreted it.

I don't think he meant it in a literal sense. There is an idea, but all development should occur organically, in the moment, without structure being imposed upon it.

>There is an idea, but all development should occur organically, in the moment, without structure being imposed upon it.
No, I mean, I can understand the concept, but that's basically impossible if you want to write coherently. There are authors who know exactly what they're going to write and then write it, and authors who have a concept and let the story lead them- that's fine, but it all requires a certain level of forethought, or it's just dadaism.

I tried that once, actually. Writing something without forethought, and using aesthetics, without logical meaning. It was... gibberish, but fun.

My bad. I understand.

I see. True, what works for some may not work for others. It's a method that I've only recently put into practice, so I can't yet testify to its effectiveness.

If you haven't read this you should give it a try. A summation of the whole process of thinking. Very hard to form a literal understanding since the book is 760 pages taking place in 24 hours. Joyce says go fuck yourself to the reader.