Leave this board and never return if any of these apply to you:

>you read any form of genre fiction
>you barely know your classics
>you tend to believe that if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level
>you think everyone's opinion should be accepted and respected
>you speak a single language
>you read contemporary versions of Shakespeare or Milton
>you read for the plot
>you read for entertainment
>you rarely read nonfiction
>you don't have a solid grounding in philosophy
>you don't have at least have some understanding of the Three Tragedians and Homer
>you have little to no understanding of literature outside of your cultural horizon
>you have little to no understanding of literature within your own cultural horizon
>you mostly read contemporary literature
>you believe 'the author is dead'
>you make your literary analysis proceed from ideology
>you think intricate prose is 'pretentious' and that the author 'should just get to the point'
>your rarely read poetry
>you think Rhythm and Rhyme is just useless rules and laws restricting creativity
>you have a hard time explaining why you like a given work
>you have a hard time forming structured and relevant literary criticism
>you tend to refuse to judge works for yourself, rather relying on the opinions of literary authorities
>you rarely read for more than one or two hours straight

I just nutted to this, thanks.

leave this board if you are unironically a Christian right-winger who likes to post about being an unironic Christ right-winger.

That's all that needs to change.

leave this board and never return if this applies to you:

>you post shit tier copypastas

damn bitch suck my dick, niBBa

>speaking any language other than English
LEL no

this, if it isn't in my language it's fucking gay

What's with all the anti-Christian fedoraisms lately? At some point you're just going to have to accept the fact that some people believe things you don't.

It's an inferiority complex

Praying for your soul user.

hey look anons, he posted it again

Its never too late to become a Christian, unless you die of course.

the only reason christian and right wing posting happens here is because of people like you

you know that right?

>Leave this board and never return if any of these apply to you:
>you can read

if you can read, fuck you

>Atheist demands ideological purity

Gee where have I seen this before

Ok. I'm going.

this is like /tv/'s Avatar 2 countdown poster

I visit this board every once in a blue moon and I always see this faggot posting shit. I assume he hasn't finish his bachelor yet.

Butthurt pleb

>not reading for enjoyment
why

ITT:

>mfw I can stay

You forgot
>you prefer Aristotle to Plato

Im not even mad at this constant shitposting, the general quality of this board isnt much better anyway and at least this way I get to see glorious Novalis once in a while and not always the same 3 pseud-faces

Right-wingers are the ones who uphold the Western Canon, because they value tradition, and Christian and Jewish right-wingers doubly uphold it, because they value tradition twofold.

OP is probably baiting. Nonetheless I'd prefer if non-qualifying people just lurked more until they qualified, and then started participating in discussions. But don't leave.

i dont know, i just like books

bye

This gets posted a lot.

Let's see...

I don't read genre fiction, I've read a few classics, I don't believe my "liking" a work justifies it but rather seek to justify it in other ways, I think people's opinions matter if they have proven themselves to be learned in at least one field, I speak two languages, I read Shakespeare and Milton in the original, I sometimes read for the plot and entertainment, I read non-fiction often, I have an understanding of classical philosophy, have read Homer many times in various languages, I have little understanding of literature outside my own cultural horizon [I do not think it is necessary] but a decent understanding within, I mostly read older literature, I often read poetry and I can sometimes rely on the opinions of literary authorities.

In what world is that baiting?

What do you have against autoflagellation?

It just seems too exclusive and inflammatory to not be ironic, like OP is trying to stir up some controversy by making a polarizing statement. Also I've seen this exact thread before, like months ago. So my guess is it's a pasta.

Sure it's a pasta, but I think it's more of an humorous poke at the edgy elitism Veeky Forums upholds. Not that there is anything wrong with it, I think it's necessary to prevent Veeky Forums becoming a pillowfight like other book forums.

>humorous poke
im being serious. i make these threads to remind myself to study instead of wasting my time with Veeky Forums's attempt at being funny. thanks for the bump though maybe it will help someone else to take reading seriously.

Are you implying Hitler was atheist? At least post Stalin or something.

praying 4 u

>i make these threads to remind myself to study instead of wasting my time with Veeky Forums's attempt at being funny
Why do you even post them here? Is it because they're bait?

Fuck off Reddit, /leftypol/, Neogaf, Tumblr faggot.

i use to come here a lot then it got to a point where i couldnt stand all the off-subject threads (stack threads, youtube waifu threads, where do i start with ____ threads, what is the lit equivalent of ____ threads.) i would started wasting too much time here instead of actually reading so i got into the mode of just posting the pasta i had seen some oldfag post because i didnt want to leave but i didnt want to stay either. so i just make my thread every so often to remind me of what i should be trying to accomplish instead of getting mixed up in all the drama of arguing on this board. hope this helped!

i use to come here a lot then it got to a point where i couldnt stand all the off-subject threads (stack threads, youtube waifu threads, where do i start with ____ threads, what is the lit equivalent of ____ threads.) i found myself wasting time here instead of actually reading so i got into the mode of just posting the pasta i had seen some oldfag post because i didnt want to leave but i didnt want to stay either. so i just make my thread every so often to remind me of what i need to accomplish instead of getting mixed up in all the drama of arguing on this board. hope this helped!

Philosophy is fiction you sperg

>you use this board

>>if you like a given work, it is justified on an artistic level

this is 100% true about me though, I can't even get through higher-tier middlebrow books. i just quit White Noise 50 pages from the end because it wasnt worth spending an hour and a half finishing

appreciate the infomap

>mfw novalisposter actually motivated me to take a deep dive into philosophy and literature
>spent a few months away from the boards, stuck in cryo, reading and reading
>came back and realized I'm too good for this board now

>you rarely read nonfiction

what is this "non-fiction" you speak of?

good lad

Based Novalis-poster

It's not anti-christian retard.
It's that christianity is incompatible with the right wing unless you're an american lutheran

That's not what was said. You moved the goal post.

>"Christian right-winger"

And?

kek
you are my favorite kind of user
and if you're a girl i'm in love desu

OP, you forgot:
>you are heterosexual

>>you read for the plot
>>you read for entertainment
What other reasons are there?

books r gay lol

jews