youtube.com/watch?v=_NVsyMalJXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's the point?
we already have the lord of the rings
why would we need a chinese ripoff?
this is like the lepin of books

thats a bad headline meant to draw clicks, this is a better article

globaltimes.cn/content/1074400.shtml

nice i can't wait to see which character Donald Glover plays in the movie adaptation

I will just finish journey to the west, desu

I thought it already was.

all of them.

Did no one tell them that lord of the rings was already originally written in English?

None because it would hurt sales in the Asian market, unless he plays an Ork or something. Chinese people find blacks very frightening.

>Chinese LotR
Everyone is Gollum

This is a very funny image.

>Chinese people find blacks very frightening.
No, they don't. If you ever meet black Americans who go to China, they say they get stared at because they're such a rarity - but people will approach them for photos, because they're 'exotic'. Different story for Chinese immigrants who have to live with blacks.

>chinese
I'm sure the book will fall apart or crumble to dust after reading a few chapters. The Chinese can't build a safe escalator, so I can't imagine they'd write a good book.

>triumph Individual over corrupt and authoritarian state
>Chinese

it's probably shit. can any Veeky Forumschinks give us a basic gestalt

I rather someone translate teito monogatari

>but people will approach them for photos
kek worst possible move

I bet it's a foreign empire and he has to restore power to the glorious native rulers.

Kung-Fu movies are pretty tight. Is it basically LOTR except with Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Sounds fun.

chink here
you should kys

back to r/Asian masculinity

They're an oddity so people do that but they're unabashedly racist about them too.

wuxia is garbage comic book movie-tier shit so I very much doubt it's anywhere near the level of LotR.

It's a wuxia epic. The only similarities to LOTR are that it's long and takes place in a mythical past. And it was published in the 50s, I guess. Only chinaweebs will ever actually make it through the whole tedious story.

The Chinese government is funding the translation and associated publicity because they want to increase China's soft/cultural power and they're too provincial to understand how dumb wuxia is to Westerners. That's OK though, because they can find a few reviewers who will tell everyone how great it is for the right price.

That's the Chinese Pilgrim's Progress

That one Jin Yong poster should be very pleased. Unless OP is that one Jin Yong poster.

Have you read it?

>Condor Heroes getting a translation
my dick couldn't be any more erect

just stop beating around the bush and get this instead, you won't regret it, the 1st read is kind of a wtf is this shit if you are not chinese, but the 2nd read is one of the most enjoyable experiences you will ever have

Naruto is being translated into English?

youtube.com/watch?v=_NVsyMalJXo

perhaps the best philosopher of the 21st century

>guy at 3:25 finally starts questioning him
Beautiful.

absolute madman

>globaltimes.cn/content/1074400.shtml

no violence, though!

Damn, that cover's quite aesthetic.

>all this negativity ITT
Everybody wins with this
>The ones interested in the book will get an official translation
>Translator gets paid
>Publisher gets paid
>CPC gets some cultural publicity
And those who don’t care about don’t have to do anything.

negativity is because of the shitty "like lord of the rings" publicity, nothing to do with the book itself, also don't be a retard and read this instead

After I finished Three Kingdoms and Red Chamber, I will get to it.

The fan translations are indeed fucking bad

>frightening
No, they hate niggers. Nigger populations in China are opressed and harrassed, and the chinks are slowly but surely colonising Africa. They see them as subhumans and thus don't want to see them on the big screen either.