Books your girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/partner made you read

Books your girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/partner made you read.

Pic related: It was actually good, she also made me read norwegian wood by Murakami-san

Mine tried to make me read 50 Shades. Broke up with that whore.

The Handmaid's Tale

The Feeble Worldly Nothingness of Gregory Flanders

He didn't actually made me read it but he told me it was the first book he read in English so I decided to give it a try. While not bad I thought "Atonement" was a lot better.

this and a bunch of pop psychology shit. all bullshit but it was nice having someone who tried to help you

I've never had a girlfriend and I've never had sex.

Last thing she said to me literature related was that if I wanted to read Dostoyevsky I should read Crime and Punishment

My (ex) gf tried to make me read Roxanne Gay and some other feminist stuff. She told me I was a gender traitor for enjoying books from the pre 60s evil patriarchy.
I hate the lesbian community.

Not a girlfriend---lol like I'll ever---but I suffered through this in the hope of getting laid. I didn't.
First half was . . . mediocre, but readable. Narrator wouldn't get the fuck out when he should have. Some neat Greek historical fiction and imagery.
Around the time we get to "the Detroit riots were the second American Revolutionary War" I. . . well, realized what I was in for.

Only sluts like The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

is it actually good? the film sucks and my hunch is that it conveys the spirit of the source material accurately

Lmao, how did you even end up in a relationship with her in the first place

Sex-havers are irredeemable plebs, can not say I am surprised

it is true, and well documented in relevant circles, that you lose up to 1/3'rd (one third) of your I.Q. the very first time a woman touches your hard pee pee (not counting when mommy wiped the dribbles from it when you were very small)

catcher in the rye

I have always wondered why people like MK "The Unb....". I stopped with ten pages left.
Can anyone explain what they thought was good about it?

Lolita
Anna Karenina
War and Peace
Papillon

She didn't really make me read them, but she talked me into giving them a go when I was looking for new books to read. She was the one who got me reading again aftair some years of not reading, and got me interested in other classics.

There is a part about marriage. Kahneman says that simple indicator if marriage is doing fine can be expressed by a formula (sorry for maths, Veeky Forums):

h = s - f

where:
h is overall hapiness and marriage stability,
s is times you had sex,
f is times you had fight.

I think I can now remind my significant other of this, when she starts shouting at me. That's how manipulative motherfucker I am.

Fighting isn't bad if it isn't entirely petty. A lot of good emotions come out of fights and either make you closer or speeds up the inevitable. If you're fighting over petty shit you're actually just avoiding the real fight anyway. If you were resentful over some perceived wrong/flaw or insecurity you wouldn't be fighting over petty shit in the first place.

Thanks for your words. I didn't expect that I can find so much wisdom in this thread.

This

>pic related
i kinda disliked it and her taste in general

I wanted pussy, I guess.
Tried to set her upon the Veeky Forums path by giving her entry-level classics to read. I knew all hope was lost when she dropped 1984 claiming it was "too complicated".

Kahneman is apparently an idiot. Fighting is important. Couples that never fight are couples who bottle up their feelings and will inevitably separate in a big fiery clash sooner or later.

Or maybe they're grown adults who don't harbor resentments and can get over their small differences to where they they don't have to fight psychological proxy battles over the amount of mayo on a sandwich?

my diary desu

I can confirm with my experience.

>not understanding the fact that fighting over the amount of mayo on a sandwich is a symptom of exact same problem which manifests itself as a lack of serious fights
It's like talking to children around here.

Just because you can’t relate to others in healthy ways doesn’t mean none of us can, user.

-Wuthering Heights
-Hundred years of solitude
-Love in the time of cholera (wish I was joking)
-Shitloads of Chekhov short stories
-lit you wouldn't know because it's either untranslated or obscure among anglos

i found that a really masculine book, in the same way moby-dick is. surprising that a woman liked enough to recommend it (unless it was a backhand commentary on y'all's relationship)

I read the Hinger Games trilogy because i wanted to impress this girl i like. It didn't work out and i just wasted my time.

He's not an idiot.
It's about predicting things. We treat every marriage like a special snowflake, but Kahneman says that we can use simple indicator to EVERY marriage and it will work in vast majority of cases.
We really like to think that things are special and different, but that would mean we can't measure things, or that same measurement values would give us different results. But Kahneman says we can use simple predictions.

To sum it up, I read the book and I liked it. I'm STEM and guy says he used measurements to reach conclusions, that was really nice.

>Garcia Marquez book
>Garcia Marquez book (wish I was joking)
I don't get what you're saying here. And GGM is dope.

You didn't know? Because Hundred Years of Solitude and Chronicle of a Death Foretold are assigned reading in high school, GGM is therefore a meme and unreadable trash on Veeky Forums.

Lmao that kid bout to dab

Unironically this and I’m 26.
I imagine women want you to read Harry Potter or some other feminine slog.
I wish I did have a girlfriend so I could break up with her when she recommends trash.

Fuck I wish I went to the high school that assigned those

atonement's the only good thing he wrote and only the first half of the book at that.

haha your gay

Had me
A qt
Tall and thin
Like a willow tree
She liked paper
So did I
But the shit she read
Made me cry
Made me cry
It made me cry
Now I'm so lonesome
I could die

She only read YA lit

Hundred years of Solitude was dope. Love in the time of cholera is the one I didn't like.