Does /comfy/ slice of life exist in literature?

Does /comfy/ slice of life exist in literature?

Could you please give an example, from another genre?

Stoner by John Williams

Sketches from a Hunter's Album

Try reading children's literature like Anne of Green Gables

Finn Family Moomintroll

Depends on how you qualify literature, and whether that's compatible with your notion of comfort.

Turtledove has a lot of comfy slice of life in his books, like all the times Lucien Galtier talks to his horse in the Southern Victory.

Winesburg, Ohio
Dubliners
Nine Stories
Mrs Dalloway
To the Lighthouse
Catcher in the Rye
Giovanni's Room
Ulysses
most NYRB's

>tfw no anne gf

Wind in the Willows

The lost estate

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not advocating vigilantism. What I'm saying is that the government should lawfully round up and lawfully execute people who use the terms "slice of life", "world building", and "magic system".

Give OP some slack, he's still deriving interest from anime and as of yet lacks the intelligence needed to avoid such tropes

Anything by Dostoevsky is comfy.

Sherlock Holmes stories are extremely comfy light reading

>tropes
You lost, faggot.

iktfb

OP here, It doesn't even have to be literature per se. I'm fine with any fiction (literary or otherwise) of written form.

Then play visual novels.

Any in particular you'd recommend?

I'll also add that I'd prefer them to be in English. If I wanted visual novel recommendations I'd be posting on /a/, /wsr/ or /jp/.

Maybe pastoral poetry?

Anything by Key. Little Busters just got released on Steam.
The only somewhat decent visual novel that was originally written in English that I'm aware of is Katawa Shoujo.

yeah Killa Yourselfaru Fukinplebioo
its pretty good

bump

Nothing wrong with world building

Literally Infinite Jest.
It invokes that comfy feel of nostalgia for the late 90's/early 00's. Take your time with it, no need to rush, I read it slowly over every summer.

kek and also agreed

Comfiness is subjective, user. For me comfy lit is Tolkien and anything about someone being cast away on an island (Robinson Crusoe, The Mysterious Island, Lord of the Flies).

>tfw you will never be Anne's kindred spirit.
JDIMSA

Everything is subjective, user. I'm asking for your personal opinion on what's /comfy/.

Subarashiki Hibi
It's very cute and fun

Idk If you are trolling, or if you only read the first chapter. But in either case, Suba Hibi is probably one of the best VNs around.

Children's books tend to be very comfy

imho moby dick

Either pic related or The Rings of Saturn