Post your novel ideas

It's not like they're going anywhere anyways

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/19LQ9v6b7abJ2bISaJzmLvfeKBdqDNrC4JX7yVCSc9ng/edit?usp=sharing
veekyforums.com/thread/10282078/literature/post-your-novel-ideas.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

guy rapes another guy he sees as being weaker than he is but realizes he only does this because the beta's weakness reminds him of his own and he is the real beta faggot

None of my ideas are novel.

i'm writing a novel about me murdering my best friend on a certain date (it's a running gag between us) and i'm gonna print it and give it to him and two mutual friends on his 25th birthday
started working on it in november 2014 and he's gonna turn 25 in february 2018, i currently have 200 pages, i hope i'll finish it in time

make it super funny by murdering him for real on that date lol
classic

>Set in the near future
>People overthrow the state for some new economic system
>Influential archaeology professor convinces everyone to liberate the "mad". All asylums are abolished.
>Eventually, the insane are kicked out of every city because they're a nuisance. They get relocated to the Azores islands, where they can have their own society.
>The narrator is revealing all this as they try to find the professor, who it is implied has sold his soul to the devil, since he is inspired by Dr Faustus and Kurtz from Heart of Darkness.
>Kill a man on the beach because they seem to have supernatural powers like telepathy
>Podge, a man with severe facial wrinkles, like ravines, comes crying because he can't find his friend
>Befriend this weird wrinkled thing and never tell him what happened
>By the end of the first part, end up being slain by Podge, body is cut into five parts. Podge found out about his dead friend. He has a knack for impressions, and assumes your personality.
>Everyone else on the island thinks Podge is you, now dead, because they're crazy.
That's about as far as I've gotten. The professor is supposed to take more of a central role, but all he does, for now, is scribble in an ethnographic diary.

I'm already extremely fucking confused
this reads like a fever dream
when you are done pls post sample

>2014
If you can only write 200 pages in three fucking years, I don't think you'll make it within several months. How long do you want it?

i'll need probably 50 more pages and i wasn't working on it all the time so i think i'll suceed
it's 200 pages in word also i think in print it'll be more

I started writing it when I was actually going through a drugged psychosis. I've got 13k words, so I don't know what part you want to read. I forgot to mention that I added new characters throughout history, like a Palestinian whose father was part of Black September when they attacked the Munich games, a 19th Century Greek Revolutionary, and a fictional leader of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. It's supposed to weave through different consciousnesses until they actually end up on the island for no reason. Not sure why yet, but I'll figure it out. It's all in the form of letters too, so it'll be an interesting thing to write.

I reckon you can do it. I worked out a system where I knew my absolute limit for words per day. It got around 400 or 800, which is pretty good after a while. I spend more time editing though. Gl tho

Copypasting from another thread:

>I just realised that what I am writing is a very "niche" thing. Pretentious and depravate, but honest at the same time. In fact, I don't even know who would like to read a fantastic story about an epic journey, full of pedo ideas, overrated concepts like the "Dark Night of the Soul", and political allegories. It will never be published, and even if I am able to do it, it would be a social suicide.
>I'll introduce myself in the story, in the form of a (some kind of) dog that accompanies and lurks our little protagonist.

So it starts off like Ayn Rand then turns into the show Lost in epistolary form?

>full of pedo ideas
explain

Thanks for making it sound as terrible as possible.

yeah it sounds like shit dude

collection of short stories all about siamese/conjoined twins
>one pair almost gets kicked out of school for allegedly cheating on an exam (copying off the other twin)
>for another pair, each of them have IQs of 200+, and their minds are connected like a hive mind, and they become very successful in a company like Google/Goldman Sachs/Facebook, and one conjoined twin tries to act corrupt while the other tries to be honest, and they each switch stances
>one pair of conjoined twins, one tries to kill the other, or somehow forges the other's signature and tricks him into getting separated or legally surgically decapitated/removed or something
>one pair is basically a normal person, gorgeous, actually like a male-model-tier handsome ass motherfucker, but he has a deformed conjoined twin face like under his armpit that can be concealed, and he moves to LA to become and actor, hides the other's face, then the other's face blows his cover during an audition and the producers try to "go with it" and cast him for other roles, but he gets so infuriated at his "other" face and punches it while the helpless deformed face whimpers in agony, just horrifying shit that ruins his rep in LA
>one pair is conjoined at the scalps, and instead of being 2 heads on one body, it's 2 fully functioning bodies, so basically 2 people who are always hunched over. they end up becoming the world's best wrestler/jiu-jitsu grappler
>one pair where one is a star medical student and one is a drug addict. the medical student agrees to aid the drug habit IF the other one helps him study, learning twice as fast (as many conjoined twins can read each other's minds). As the medical student advances, the other's drug habit gets worse and worse. As he's performing his first surgery, they have an acid flashback but they still have to perform the surgery.

A boy falls in love with a girl, unable to confess...

Wtf user... get help

>>one pair is basically a normal person, gorgeous, actually like a male-model-tier handsome ass motherfucker, but he has a deformed conjoined twin face like under his armpit that can be concealed, and he moves to LA to become and actor, hides the other's face, then the other's face blows his cover during an audition and the producers try to "go with it" and cast him for other roles, but he gets so infuriated at his "other" face and punches it while the helpless deformed face whimpers in agony, just horrifying shit that ruins his rep in LA
kek'd hard
would read this tbqh

Guy with a nagging wife goes on a walk to clear his mind. Before coming back to the house he goes through layers of hell and heaven so to speak. Based on a shit day I had, Ulysses, and my own relationships (merged into one).
In the end the twist is that he calls his high school sweet heart but hangs up when her mom picks up.

Sounds fascinating

Implicit and explicit, from a real pedo's pen.

Ask me if you want something more specific.

This is Veeky Forums, if you write about sex or relationships at all, you're gonna have to go into minute details about cumming in their pussy or something.

bored, hedonistic drug addict ambles around a seedy, sprawling megalopolis smoking meth, begging for money, harassing women, etc. the chapters start out as sparse and psychotic snapshots of his days and activities. slowly, bad and sobering things start happening, driving him into pessimisitc submission to the faults of himself and his life. bascially, he starts out digging through dumpsters and soliciting old women and ends up sitting alone in churches and moving away.

It's about a man who can't make any friends who is certain he's funny and nice and so can't understand why he's alone. It opens with the words

Thanks for the Christmas ham, keep the change.

THINGS A JEW WOULD NEVER SAY.

I did write a murakami like sex scene but the editor doesn't like it. Might instead change it to full Sade, or Joyce letter to Nora, tier, but it might make the sexual frustration from that era too apparent and kill the contrast I had going with the catholic/aquinas passage there.

i honestly think if i can write it well, focus on the nightmarish existence of the small face under the armpit, and how the stud has to spoon-feed it at every meal and brush it's teeth for it, establish some animosity by the stud with that tedious lifestyle (fueled by the stud's rampant insecurities associated with a lifetime of perfecting his appearance, and no matter how perfect he looks he always has that one thing under him, he'd be on the cover of magazines if he didn't have this monster under his arm), I think that can be great.

nice

hehehe

So like Hunger but modern day?

So it is a collection of short stories centered around two girls in a relationship interjected with poetry that is written by the two girls. Kinda examines the ideas of feminism and like how people view their place in the world. Thank you for reading, have a nice night.

DUDE
ADD
like a part that is annotations by the editor or someone who found the texts, and they provide this kind of ideologically motivated analysis of the poems or absolute rejection

I just read a spanish book where the "publisher" annotates the text of a fuck'o and I liked the idea, kinda like pale fire but a bit more tame on the notes.

I've been thinking of writing a novella with an essay after it explaining the work. Is this a good idea at all?

who is this semen demon?
also, check this one bitches: a postmodern novel about a hardboiled detective who solves all his cases simply by waiting them out.

Pynch, that you?

Fug, too good, you gotta write it now, at least like get two chapters published in a zine or pron magazine or something. Not kidding, sounds funny.

i'm glad you like it

I actually started a zine, yet to publish our first issue because Uni got in the way. But it's over now. I'd probably pay you a bit if I liked it.

Insta: v2_zine

Maybe I'll send something I haven't used. I miss the zine days from my early 20s.
That's another short story right there. Donut steel.

an alcoholic neet travels to the other side of the world to help someone they care about out of the trouble they're in, then goes home and resumes doing nothing

Hey man, thank you for responding to my post, really appreciate it. I am a little bit inebriated soI 'm not 100% sure what you mean but i will definitely look into it tomorrow! I was really going for a more introspective look on the nature of the two characters if that makes sense? I'll look into what you said and get back to you. Thank you for the response!

Dunno if this is a joke response since I'm probably black out drunk by now, but the idea is:
>the two character have this dilucidation you talk about
>but ideology is never a zero point reference
>so add a third ideological point of reference through another character that is neither present in their time or space of discussion

It's sort of what Wallace did with his annotations in IJ (but they were just annotations) or Nabokov with Pale Fire, and many others where there's an in between off time narrator/commentator to the "main" argument" being told.

Kinda reminds me of the king of comedy. (Movie)

It's about a depressed man who hates his life. He begins to have strange dreams and begins sleeping more and more while neglecting his real life. Eventually he ends up living in his dreams and develops a whole life new life there. In the dream world he is socially successful, attractive and financially stable. He has even met the girl of his dreams. He is much happier, however, the dreams abruptly stop. He is then driven mad due to his return to reality. In the end he makes the choice to kill himself, wagering that if he's successful he would return to the dream world (which he now considers the 'real' world) and if he's wrong he would still be able to escape the harsh realities of his real life (his 'nightmare') through death.

where's the thing that makes someone want to read this?

the truth is that it's my diary desu

Haha not a joke response at all man! I like the whole Wallace thing do'nt get me wrong, but like i feel like that might detract from the more human aspect of it? I've read infinite jest recently, and am reading Wallaces' short stories now, and I like him in term of prose, but I personally don't think I could do annotations as well as he can if that makes sense? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying? sorry of thats the case, thank you for helping me my man, I actually really appreciate it.

That awkward moment when you respond to your own post. Here is what I meant to send to you my random user:
Hey man, thank you for responding to my post, really appreciate it. I am a little bit inebriated soI 'm not 100% sure what you mean but i will definitely look into it tomorrow! I was really going for a more introspective look on the nature of the two characters if that makes sense? I'll look into what you said and get back to you. Thank you for the response!

It's about a guy who posts the idea for his novel on a Mongolian cow planting image board. Then after he finally finishes the epic after 20 years, he discovers that some cow planter from Mongolia published a series of books with the exact same plot years ago. He is seen as a plagiarist and his life's work is worthless, seen as nothing more than fan fiction. He vows to never write again and gets a job making min. wage.

>He would get butthurt over someone adapting his ideas rather than work with them to create a big multifaceted art project
>He believes in intellectual property in 2017!

I'd be super stoked if a Mongolian herder wanted to work with me. The problem with writing with others is that they usually don't do it for more than two weeks.

They both worked individually unbeknownst to one another. By the time the user realized that a random Mongolian dude took his idea, it was too late to collaborate as he had already published his book years earlier.

My novel is a series of short stories in which the characters back stories are portrayed in a sort of 'fantastical' narrative: naive and pretty stories.
As the stories begin to clash into each other the reader will find out these persons aren't as innocent as they seem. All of them will meet in the climax, the world hitherto shown becoming more 'serious' and 'real' as things go on. Then something fatal will happen. Something that really wreaks havoc.
I'll try to exert a lot of ideas into it, constantly changing the narrative, playing with character interactions and circumstances as to make it fun and never tedious.

A fighter pilot is subjected to a Chinese mainland assault of Southern California from unbeatable airborne fortresses, the ground up to Bakersfield is lost in one day- the MC destroys the fortresses thru one pilot's knowledge of vulnerabilities, and retreats with only 3 others who become his unit. Due to the nature of him ending the advance, he is idolized and used for propaganda, while he falls in love with his wingman, a woman, who he knows he cannot have due to professionalism.
The politically correct press wants war but won't allow racism or mean words, and is drawn to MC for that in his own ideological standards. A few close calls with death fail to scare the MC, even if he looks into the future uneasy.

Book 2:

The MC falls deeper and deeper for the woman, his protector, and when she experiences rape as a result of capture as recalled over the radio by the perpetrator, he has a mental breakdown, defeats 8 enemy fighters, and murders the pilots.
Almost immediately his friends and the one he loves start to distance themselves even though nobody blames him, and the stress and insanity start to set in- as the incident is covered up and most just decide never to speak of it again.

The anxiety of a double life set in as the MC grows more and more resentful of the enemy taking so many allied lives, before he's immobilized with illness and unable to fight, and withdrawn to the States for quarantine. His entire unit is eliminated while he is away, along with the airborne controller who witnessed the war crimes, and 100+ other pilots in a Korea reassault.

Upon learning, he tries to kill himself only to have his beloved's survival knife wrenched out of his hands, and sedated. He grows to have nothing but hate for the entire country he fights, and resolves to burn it down before his life is over.

He's later redirected mysteriously to Nepal, and contacted by radio. His younger sister, who proves it is her, asks him to land. He asks where, and an airstrip unfolds from the mountain side.
Inside, he finds his unit still alive, along with resistance members of both sides and many other countries, all of who are set out to end the war. A secret society started the conflict for profit and control, and upon "learning" this, and learning his wingman had been opposed them all along, and had nearly gotten him killed a few times as they tried to get rid of her. And that they tried to kill him to prolong the conflict.

Book 3 deals with the resolution of more threads. I have most of it done already, but a lot of it induces maximum cringe when I read it back, and needs massive edit.

You, a cat, murders your owner and steals their gf, and the police think its the gf but actually its you, a psychic cat.

sounds neat. so it would be like two characters' versions of the same story contradict?

Veeky Forums once said Dante was "just another writer of epics"-they will make anything sound terrible.

Yes, all of the characters will have absolutely different perspectives about a same situation, rendering what really happened almost indistinguishable.
A sort of meditation into how we tend to make chaos out of the tamest situations because of our defensiveness or pride, and how this, in turn, begets actual chaos.

I really, really, really like this idea tbqh.

So where is the risk in the story if he wins either way? Why not have sprinkle moments of him being afraid of the void of not existing so that taking his own life is more of a gamble to return to paradise one last time?
Also, is this story a metaphor for heroin?

Thank you, user.
I'll do my best.

We try our best to kill everyone's delusions of grandeur.

Alright, I'm bored. Someone pick an idea for me to write. It can be any idea as long as you really want to see something tangible from it, and it's not an elaborate erotic thriller.

I'm not amazing, but I have "chops" relative to my situation, and I'm not the guy who made his own thread like a jackass. I'll write up to 800-1000 words on it. Let me know and I'll pick something completely arbitrary then post it here for all to enjoy and mock.

write it on slorp

All of the great philosophers are brought back to life and brought together where they all speak the same language and have to debate their way to life and freedom in a Battle Royale-type arena

>ctrl+f "slorp"
>one result found
>google "slorp"
>a british derivative of slurp
I'm going to need more info then that my man, or do you just want weird sound poetry instead?

Excellent concept, but that's a lot to fit in a word count. I can write about thematically appropriate philosophers having a battle royale with their various philosophy-related super powers/weapons? I'd try to make it absurd, but dead serious.

The super powers adds a nice touch, makes it more fun and less head in ass 'look at all the philosophy I know'

I love tragedies.

A man in a small town falls in love with a woman with Spinocerebellar ataxia, a degenerative muscle disease that eventually takes away her ability to walk, see, and generally coordinate herself. He meets her in her early stages, and this takes place in a time when barely anybody knew what the disease was, and they both thought they could beat it.

The disease takes a toll on her and only gets worse. She becomes a prisoner in her own body and is barely able to speak.

He is given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in his profession as an artist overseas, but he refuses to abandon the love of his life and wants her to live out the rest of her days peacefully in her hometown.

He becomes her full-time caretaker, then she dies a long and excruciating death over the period of a couple years.

He's never able to find a career opportunity like that again, and lives on the fringe of poverty, forever spending rest of his days as a lonely, mediocre widower.

The end.

is this a good idea?

Perhaps the arena could take place in a Schrodinger Box.

Unironically good intro to philosophy, I reckon. Sophie's World is similar, in that it introduces people to Plato, etc.

you clearly do not understand slorp.... pathetic

also posted this in the other guy's thread but

-guy who is always paranoid his fly is down and his trying to """"""discreetly""""" check if it is by bringing his hand over his crotch or looking down at his DICK area is off-putting to others and this also makes him paranoid

-very flowery prose about someone who walks past a guy sitting in a public area in full view just jacking his wiener, and he says hi and waves really casually to the dude while vigorously beating his meat.

Hmm, that's a little more difficult to work. I could probably put in a half-assed one paragraph ending thing where the arena turns out to be a Schrodinger Box and it's impossible to know the winner, but I don't really know if that would be funny or enjoyable.

I have a useless degree in Politics and Cultural Studies, so I know a thing or two about dumb philosophers, but nowhere near enough to talk about anyone contemporary, so I think super powers is a good move. The flipside is, I can explain a solution for almost any political argument with "Oh, yadda yadda Hegelian Dialectic, yadda yadda Gramscian Ameleoration, more yadda Foucault's Repressive Hypothesis, some more yadda Heidegger I guess."

That actually sounds possible, maybe I'll give this a shot. I'll post whatever I write tomorrow at around noon, before I go to work, but I'll give particularly depraved anons a while to post some suggestions.

... Are you going to masturbate to this later? I get a distinct masturbation vibe, though the concept sounds pretty funny.

I would read it user, sounds good

>Are you going to masturbate to this later?
Don't worry about it

is there any form of bittersweetness to the ending, or does he just die despondent and alone?
What does he feel in the later years of his life. Was the final moments with her worth the opportunity of a lifetime, or does he wallow in misery on what could have been?
You have a tragic story, but what makes it beautiful?

Athenian wrestler goes around and wrestles.

>dat pubic mound

she has balls

That awkward moment when you respond to your own post. Here is what I meant to send to you my random user:
Haha not a joke response at all man! I like the whole Wallace thing do'nt get me wrong, but like i feel like that might detract from the more human aspect of it? I've read infinite jest recently, and am reading Wallaces' short stories now, and I like him in term of prose, but I personally don't think I could do annotations as well as he can if that makes sense? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying? sorry of thats the case, thank you for helping me my man, I actually really appreciate it.

sounds bretty gud but is a sustainable idea for a whole novel?

docs.google.com/document/d/19LQ9v6b7abJ2bISaJzmLvfeKBdqDNrC4JX7yVCSc9ng/edit?usp=sharing

makes me think of the book "Angle of Repose" for w/e reason.

The only thing that does not beat him down with dense banality in his life is his wife and her undying pure love, but that eventually dissolves. Whether or not his life was worth living will be left up to the reader.

Is the moral of the story not to invest in women and to go your own way?

So it makes the reader challenge the idea of "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" which is great.
Really the question to be asked is not if the main character thinks it was worth it, but if the reader thinks it is.
Although the story doesn't exist yet, I imagine difficulties in trying to balance balance both ideas effectively to cause conflict within said reader-almost all people immediately wish to take a side on things and they usually take the side of the last thing they see.
If his life is too fulfilled with him having stayed with her, they will take that side, if it's too regretful, they will think he made the wrong choice being with her.
It sounds like a big bite to take. Best of luck to you.

nice
how does he realize?

>i hope i'll finish it in time
start with the murder at his birthday party and end it 'to be continued...' maybe?
how is it supposed to end?

>It's not like they're going anywhere anyways
They are going somewhere alright.
veekyforums.com/thread/10282078/literature/post-your-novel-ideas.html

a-are you me?

excellent

novel about a dentist, granite sculpter, and entrepreneur. im working it as a commentary on labor and utility in a community and in personal life.

Ayy Lmao's send us plans to build a Stargate and first contact goes pretty good.
Until a good portion of humanity spergs out and ruins everyone's SciFi dreams forever

i like it
is it supposed to be some kind of over the top don quixote thing?

why?

more like rashomon then?

I've since abandoned the idea but I'll post it here anyways, maybe someone will make something of it

It's a short story idea

A famously rich roman colony/city is under threat from an approaching barbarian army. As the inhabitants have no fighting experience, are far from rome and barely have any equipment, they decide to turn all their gold, their marble statues and so forth into material to build a wall and forge weapons, equip themselves etc.

The barbarians eventually put the colony/city under siege, and the inhabitants become hardened defenders, eventually not only using all their wealth to build defences and weapons but forgetting why they had it in the first place.

The story is told from the perspective of a senator who arrives much later to check on what happened.

Only wrote like the first 3 pages.

1/ steal this user's idea plz 2/ mix it with this guy's mc 3/ report back

Develop this, please.