What are your most cherished books?

Do you lads enjoy hardcovers and first editions? The first book I ever read was in cold blood and I hold it dear to my heart. My father and I visited my grandmother after seeing capote in theaters and I told her how good it was and she told me it was probably shit compared to the book and handed me her first edition copy. Then she died.

She died immediately after handing you the book?

Almost about a month later. I never got to tell her that she was right. Goddamnit.

):

My most cherished book besides childhood ones is one I got from when I volunteered at the town library in high school. It was during a book sale (each book was like $1 and on the last day you could buy a bag for $5 and just fucking stuff it full of books, ofc all the volunteers got any books we wanted for free). There was a back room in which they kept a fuckload of old books... I would love to be able to go back in there again. Some of those books were back from the mid-1800s. One of us found a 1957 copy of Ripley's Believe It or Not, it had long paragraphs of writing and ink drawings and was clearly 99% bullshit but all of us spent the free time we had reading it. I ended up being the one who got to keep it and I feel bad about it to this day, but I love that book a lot because it's just so charming and has a lot of nice memories attached to it.

I don't cherish books.

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

But I read books.

Also it isn't your board. I don't see your name on it.

Bible I used to read as a kid with mom's help. Same for Dinotopia. My weirdo Salem Kirban apocalypse fetish bible I bought for a dollar at a three letter agency used book fair. My D&D 3.5 board books. Anything else I bought from jelly's before they closed.

jesus christ nice catcher in the rye first edition

I cherish my copy of Book of the new sun, because... well really for the book itself.
And my copy of 2666 that my sister somehow made full of lipstick.

You want her user?

Probably my Samuel Beckett Trilogy from Everyman, since it's really the only hardcover I have that isn't pleb-tier. When Phenomenology of Spirit arrives, it might be better. Or when I get Loeb classics and Reclam to learn Ancient Greek and Latin.

My gf first gifted me a copy of The Catcher In The Rye because it is her favourite book. She wrote a message in pencil in it and went over it in pen, a symbol and image that has stuck in my head just as permanently. I bought her a first edition Winnie The Pooh book, the only first edition I've ever found in the wild.
As for Hardbacks, if the book is 300+ I prefer one as large paperbacks feel like they are going to fall apart.

2nd vol of norton english anthology.
Got me into Veeky Forums desu after my cousin gave it to me.

I have many books that I cherish, either because I like them very much, because they are rare and expensive, or because I had a hard time finding them but managed to do it in the end. I even had some of them binded in high-quality leather (pic related). After thinking it for a moment though, I realized that one of my most cherished books is my Arden edition of King Lear, my favorite Shakeapeare play.

It was the first Shakespeare book I got, the first one I read seriously, and the one about which I am writing my thesis dissertation. It's full of my own analysis notes. Pic related too

OMG This is totes my favorite book xD

A Bible and danish psalms book from my great-great-great-grandfather

My most valued book. Look it up on Ebay.

No memeing here.

Tao Te Ching my dad gave me that started my love of philosophy/religion and reading in general
East of Eden my sister gave me when I graduated high school, pretty much the only nice thing she has ever done for me

>When Phenomenology of Spirit arrives, it might be better
It won't be.

Hegel is pure shit.

Endnu en dansker med interesse i teologisk litteratur? Lad mig se skonheder

I usually sell my books after I'm done with them.
By that action alone, it's clear that I cherish books only on a hedonistic level.
If I really liked it I give it to my sister's.

5 Dollars. Hmm, expensive toilet paper.

Probably my first edition of Russian New Martyrs, written in pre-1917 Russian.

My unbridled autism inhibits any sentiment toward any material.

God knows. My man