Shape without form, shade without colour, Paralysed force, gesture without motion

>Shape without form, shade without colour, Paralysed force, gesture without motion

what in the actual fuck did he mean by this. is it some kind of buddhist shit?

I don't want to be harsh, but I find it sad to believe that someone can try to read literature without even a rudimentary understanding of some basic figurative language. He's simply saying that the "hollow men" (Lost Generation, empty generation) are failures and contradictory; they're paralyzed, formless, and colorless spiritually.

Yeah, but isn't it a plot hole if there is no such thing as shape without form?

>plot hole
It's a fucking poem

*its. Learn the difference between possessive it and it contraction. Also, all literature has a plot

Pathetic post.

I'm pathetic because I corrected your atrocious grammar and explained what plot is on a literature board? Go back to Plebbit

The bait is much too obvious; however, since there are many 8-year-olds on this board, you'll probably get a bunch of responses of people sincerely calling you an idiot.

Overall, good job.

I thought it had something to do with Aristotle and his "forms"

Any closed figure can be a shape, even if it's a squiggly irregular shape that doesn't have a specific name. "Form" has the connotation of structure and orderliness (partly a reference to Aristotle's forms, but also invoking talk of the "formal properties" of a thing referring to its essential elements.)

«Plot» died centuries ago and i’m not even the user you’re referring to.

And why, pathetic ? Cette attitude.

>Plot died centuries ago
Source?

Pretending to be retarded is so funny!

>lyrics poetry has plot
>correcting a typo somehow makes your stupid argument stronger

No wonder you can't even understand two lines from Eliot.

Édouard Dujardin, for starters. You’re one resilient little doggy.

Do you also bite ?

>plot hole

You are not even using the correct terminology, you blithering idiot.

So then you admit I'm right?

Still haven't provided a source

I just did. Still waiting for yours, btw.

Email your english teacher for help.

god i love eliot so much

I'm his English teacher, what seems to be the problem? I'm pretty busy marking papers so you'll have to explain it all from the start quickly.

Nope. You didn't provide a source. You provided the name of a French writer.

With only one major work... Les lauriers sont...

Waiting for your sources now. Thank you !

Or Les Cahiers de Valery, which predates Eliot ofc. The poetry section.

Are you claiming that work doesn't have a plot? Also, if you're referring to his work as ending plot, then plot still didn't end "centuries ago"

The work in question doesn’t have, but is also a reflexion on plotless lit. We could go all the way to Mallarme really.

STILL waiting for your sources. We may need your teacher back in at this point, since you’re so good at stalling with your Ergotage.

Don't need one, cuck

he's not British

this man in my country he is everything

A creature void of form
yadda yadda
Shelter from the storm