FRIED FOODS

What is Veeky Forums's favorite fried food and do you cook it yourself?

Pic related is my favorite.

Attached: 1520962981721.jpg (3264x2448, 1.62M)

Fried chicken all day. Gotta be southern fried, brined in buttermilk and hot sauce though, and it's gotta have mashed potatoes, green beans, and biscuits with honey on the side.

Attached: fried chicken dinner.jpg (1000x750, 104K)

Haven't fried chicken in years except for this one.

Grabbed 35 lbs of oil like I used to use at work so I've been going nuts at home. So much for health food.

Attached: Homestyle Chicken.jpg (1600x2133, 551K)

i made a fuckload of onion rings last week
>5 yellow onions, sliced kind of thick and shocked in ice water
>sunflower/peanut oil 1:2 mix, kept at around 375F
>4 eggs, a splash of milk and thinned out with yuengling lager
>APF, with a bit of white sugar and some cornmeal mixed in for texture; seasoned liberally with dried cayenne, black pepper and kosher salt.
>drain onion water
>dip each in wash, dredge in flour, wash again and dredge again
>fry until batter is golden
>finish in 350F oven for 10 minutes because they were thick and a few were still raw
wa la, beautiful onion rings

I enjoy frog legs, like this. they're delicious. In fact I'd wager they'd be better than any chicken wing.

Attached: froglegs.jpg (408x272, 19K)

Lookit how great these are.

Attached: froglegs2.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

It's okay user, lookit that sweet ass.

Attached: froglegs3.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Green plantains

>No oil splashes
>Can make anything from platanutres to mofongo
>Can be either the main dish, or a side.

I hate frying pork, its a bitch to cook in oil. What do US southerners fry, apart from chicken? I want to cook up something this weekend with mashed potatoes and white gravy.

I only make onion rings when I'm frying chicken. Frying's so messy for the prep and clean-up, but so damn good, you want to do as much of it as you can at once.

That look as good as those trips.

Country fried steak bro. Cube steak, pounded thin, floured and battered, deep fried, served up with a cream gravy, mashed potatoes, and greens.

Attached: country fried steak.jpg (960x640, 88K)

fried chicken and waffles
I never make fried chicken though but whenever I buy it I always make some waffles to go with it

Attached: file.png (645x773, 242K)

Why do southerners pretend like they’re somehow the height of American cuisine? That’s basically bongslop tier.

Top 5:
1. Fish N Chips
2. Fried Chicken
3. French Fries
4. Chicken Wings
5. Chicken Tenders

:3

Attached: doogles.jpg (1200x900, 314K)

Why are you so insecure in your own lack of cuisine to pretend ours isn't?

Pic related is pretty good, as well as fried chicken and chicken fried steak. I bought some new pans a week ago and they are amazing.

Attached: schnitzel.jpg (800x548, 77K)

east coasties have seafood of varying quality and most other dishes are copies of earlier european cuisine
southwest just has bastardized latin cuisine and uninspired dishes that consist entirely of adding chili or beans to things
cuckifornia and other pacific shitholes have le trendy fusion cuisines, alright wine and transplanted orientals brought their love of fish and rice. also faggy tacos and shit
the rockies have odd shit like testicles and roadkill
the midwest has corn and autistic versions of east coast foods, adapted for their particular flavor of retardation.
the south at least retains some distinction compared to the rest of that mess

Fried fish? anyone?

Because it is? Mention one (1) cousine from the US that is better than the southern? New England? Midwest? Face reality, Southern cousine is not only the best from the US, it's also the only one that isn't an inferior copy from Europe.

i tried this but my breading came off. any tips on how to not fuck it up next time?

>Country fried steak
Ah, of course, I forgot about that one. I got 4 of those steaks in the freezer, so I will probably go with that.

High heat, dry exterior on the steak. Flour, egg milk mix, flour, egg milk mix, flour. Fry at really high temperatures.

Pic isn't exactly traditional just the only relative pic I had (super-thin steak causing it to curl).

Attached: Chicken Fried Steak 2.jpg (1200x900, 295K)

OK. i didn't dry the steak when i made it last.

That's cute as fuck

southern food is better than the west and up north, it's just facts bro

Because it is. Pizza is probably the only thing yankees have that is better, but that's only limited to NY.

Attached: 1513336987916.gif (500x281, 3.47M)

/Ourguy/

Attached: images (1).jpg (263x192, 4K)

Based doddle poster

yes YES YES
a thousand times yes

Sounds great

Attached: 1514346226359.jpg (400x400, 18K)

>cuckifornia
Cry more bitch nigger.
>have le trendy fusion cuisines, alright wine and transplanted orientals brought their love of fish and rice. also faggy tacos and shit
OH NO!
THEY HAVE CUISINE WITH INFLUENCES OF VARYING DEGREES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!
How fucking tragic.

So are we just going to ignore that hes eating fried dicks?

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2018-03-13-10-56-34.png (599x812, 686K)

Whole belly clams

don't ask don't tell

I fucking love fried food

I got a question, why isn't fried beef or pork as popular as fried chicken? Like there are entire fast food restaurants that sell nothing but fried chicken. Is fried beef and pork just harder to make?

The best fried foods are hot chicken and duck fat fries. Most other foods are better cooked some other way.

In general my favorite is fried chicken, but recently I've had a hankering for falafel.

What's the tastiest and best falafel recipe for me to use?

I think country fried steak kinda put people off of it.
Idk it just seems too southern and too rich for everyone to enjoy.
The spics do kinda the same thing to beef and chicken filets but they put it on a whole bunch of different stuff.
When you think fried beef in america you think CFS.
When you think that in spic land you think of huaraches and tortas and tacos and whatever else that doesn't involve mashed potatoes and fucking WHITE gravy.

Attached: 1miu.png (1000x750, 1.03M)

Attached: 2mmm.png (1280x720, 1.29M)

They don't have one single food that isn't stolen from other cultures. Halal cart, pizza, ramen, all their fine dining, hot dogs were probably from phili, fucking every single thing greek.

The east coast creates nothing. All of their seafood was done in England centuries ago. They're a cultural vampire drawn in by wealth.

Deep fried pork brains.
Easy Peasy

Attached: budapest_day_4_roma_deep_fried_pork_brains_03.jpg (760x570, 404K)

>NY pizza
>better
No. You and Virginia enjoy your floppy plastic triangles and reach-arounds while the rest of us have some form of something resembling actual pizza.

Even "Chicago deep-dish" is closer to being a pizza than your abominations.

Attached: Allah Shoe.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Best fried food is bay scallops.
>when fresh and seasoned truly a food for the gods

Fried tofu with lots of soy sauce.

I like lumpia.

Attached: IMG_20180313_192133_280.jpg (1080x1080, 176K)

Now I want some fried shrimp and tartar sauce.

I love frying shit at home

Fried chicken, french fries, onion rings, korean fried chicken wings, fried chicken patties for sandwiches, churros, crispy battered fish

>not a single person posting fried mushrooms
you guys make me sick, fried mushrooms are the shit

other honorable mentions
>jalapeno poppers
>fried shrimp (especially coconut shrimp)
>schnitzel/tenderloin/country fried steak
>fried fish
>green bean fries
>hush puppies
>hot wings

Unironically tendies, though fried chicken in general is excellent.

I don't fry anything myself, though. I try not to eat deep fried foods too frequently nowadays. I'm down 40kg in the past 9 months!

Nawh dude, former califag here. Cali really does suck. The only thing that cali has is chink and beaner food.
>California burger, burrito, nachos, sanwich...(etc)
>just add avocado and bacon

Fish and chips is tops, m8

Attached: DSC_5094.jpg (3840x2160, 2.92M)

deep fried jalapenos and bell peppers are GOAT

Attached: 1520839914622.gif (500x281, 335K)

bitterballen

Attached: Bitterballen[1].jpg (800x600, 130K)

Pan fried okra, 100%

I only fry orange chicken. Nonfried just isn't the same

Kaarage is delicious and I make it myself

Anyone tried the air frier things? Been thinking of buying one

This is probably good place to ask. Can someone tell me what is that gravy that canadians ut on fries ?
Google literally translates it as "sauce" which isnt very helpfull..
Like basic how its made, or what is it from would point me ro the right direction

Its a meme

The only fried food I enjoy is pork belly or corn dogs.

There is a turkey air fryer and let me tell you that is the BEST DAMN fried turkey I have EVER had. My company has one and we fry about 10 turkeys every Thanksgiving because the shit is so tasty. The skin is incredible and never burnt, the meat is perfect.
The downside is you have to check the fat dripping pan every couple of hours.

I can't attest to the small countertop appliance though.

It’s an espagnole sauce. Plenty of recipes online.

So sensitive.

Attached: .....jpg (236x330, 14K)

dit maar onironisch

Fish and fries seems strange to me, like having a hamburger with boiled potatoes.

oyster

Attached: img_77869_1.jpg (610x408, 142K)

Chicken fried chicken

fried cheese curds (culvers tastes way better than real restaurants for me i love their crunchy batter)

fried chicken (canes style batter not beer batter)

fried fish (gimme the beer batter)

I think England would disagree, for whatever that's worth.