How does Veeky Forums deal with information oversaturation? its a major problem in the modern world; for example...

How does Veeky Forums deal with information oversaturation? its a major problem in the modern world; for example, why do I know what Hezbollah is, much less have an opinion on it? [Extremely favorable, if you were curious]

Honestly, even Bloom's list is overwhelming. Sticking to the classics seems good, but there's a zero percent chance that I'd ever be able to work through all of Loeb's Latin volumes and be satisfied with my degree of engagement. Should I simply dedicate my life to twenty or so books, and damn all the rest? Of course I'll still be internalizing information from other sources (including light reads here and there), but I'm attempting to cut back. I've recently purchased a flip phone, and I'll be deleting my facebook soon.

amphetamine helps me keep up with everything at once.

Does that person keep getting posted because they're a jew, or in spite of them being a jew? Is it because she is cute, or because 'she' is cute? &c.

I'm extremely autistic and log all the media I consume.
>IMDB
>goodreads
>NCBI/Plosone/PNAS
>foobar stats
>excel spreadsheets for all of these
>periodical charts, autobiography of my "personality" and infographics when I feel I'm reaching density
>folders of images sorted by feeling and date determine my long-term sensual character

I also just limit my lit intake to things that are relevant to my life. I'm learning Mandarin, so I'll read gradeschool books in Mandarin. Stuff like that, it's not hard at all. If you aren't in the business of creating literature you don't need to read massive amounts of it and you'll just give yourself brain cramps.

OP go read Baudrillard's Shadow of Silent Majorities

link to a pdf? can read french

There has always been an infinite wealth of information. 1000 years ago your Hezbollah would have been some village gossip or the name and apparent motion of some constellation.

>Eliza thread on every board

>why do I know what Hezbollah is, much less have an opinion on it? [Extremely favorable, if you were curious]
>t.

Any books for unironically falling in love with a manipulative damaged girl-child you've never met? Serious

t.

She's young, sad and lonely. The idyllic internet gf.

sage

I don't love her, but I pity her.

>why am i not the most popular girl anymore

>you've never met
That's hard. If you exclude that requirement, there's Lolita and The Name of the Wind.

Eliza doesn't even read, she only listens to music.

Yes, but it wasn't instantly accessible information. Assuming we're talking about people who could even read, you had to acquire books, newspapers, attend classes, etc., all things that are finite to some degree in themselves, and require time and money and couldn't bombard you with hundreds of subjects daily the way internet news, social media, or communities like Veeky Forums can. This isn't even getting into the fact that the it's also much easier to spread dubious information in the internet age that further complicates this oversaturation.

Focus on developing your critical faculties instead of amassing data. Sounds incredibly vague, but you probably won't get better advice from anyone. I feel as if there is no "canon" anymore, or at least that we're drifting towards a "canon-less" world, where there is very little agreement in regards to basic, i.e. fundamentally important for the average person, knowledge. Acceleration is a bitch.

i immediately jumped on this as well
OP is fag

jidf please

>fundamentally important for the average person
i literally dont care at all about this

Information doesn't have to be in written form; your surroundings are an infinite amount of instantly accessible information. If it's an empty room you can still memorize the patterns on the floor. If it's a forest you'll recognize animals and trees. Read some European descriptions of Native Americans if you want to know how much information they were constantly taking in from their environment.

that seems more relevant to me than e.g. anything about chinese history

>Blooms list
Bloom never wanted to include that list, don't sweat it.

it sounds like you're data mining yourself.

can i sell google my info?

please do not post real girls on this board

Who is she? Whats the inside story here?

>Why do I know what Hezbollah is?

If you have to ask, you're an idiot.

>Extremely favorable, if you were curious.

Yes, definitely an idiot.

Why must you post these jezebels etc

just walk away man

fucking kill yourself

Is that Eliza watching Agatha?
WORLDS ARE COLLIDING

I've honestly thought about that a lot. I've thought about writing at least a short story about the phenomenon. I think it's very modern, not quite the same as an obsession with a celebrity.

have you ever seen the movie Taxi Driver? or even better, read La Vita Nuova? its not a new concept. honestly idk what the difference is between a celebrity and an ig thot. Borat lusting after Pam Anderson is essentially the same thing as an /r9k/ dweeb liking Ciara's tiddies

Technology allows for the phenomenon to be more intimate you have to admit.

i guess if you want to draw a line between 'never met' and 'never interacted with' you could have a point. the internet is weird in that it has destroyed any pre-requisite physicality. Although this, too, has been dealt with in films like Her, and even in games like Halo or *cringe* Firewatch.

also, yes, these hoes put way more of their lives on display than, say, Beatrice, but not necessarily more than your average actress (especially with the advent of reality tv). Even if what the actress shows you is a performance, so is what you're seeing on damagedcarrot69's IG profile.

If you want to study the effects of intimacy passed through a one-way mirror, look no further than waifu-culture.