twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>He doesn't listen to recordings of poets reading their poems

>mfw my gf listens to audiobooks

>he doesn't listen to podcasts on literature, theater, philosophy, and history

long drives with audiobooks are comfy af

>he doesn't read literature, theater, philosophy and history

>theater
I'm not a fag user

What else should I do during my 1hr30min commutes home from work?

Tbh I find it hard to listen to audio books, I retain it and follow better reading it.

>tfw I have to keep rewinding it after my mind wanders

only watching theatre makes you a fag. Reading it is, of course quite different.

This. Especially for philosophical works.

>he doesn't do both, in addition to reading and listening to secondary sources on all of those

I completely stopped listening to audiobooks when I found some good podcasts. Don't forget that a book was never mentioned to be listened to, but podcasts usually keep in mind that you are walking/driving/ cleaning so they have some built in repetition or use devices that make you memorize it better.

>>He doesn't listen to recordings of poets reading their poems
where do i find this

Little known fact, you can actually enjoy reading books while simultaneously not being an elitist idiot that looks down on other forms of entertainment.

audiokek detected

doubt it

idk but we used to have poets like montale or ungaretti read their shit on italian tv
youtube.com/watch?v=8SAegn2KtDc
maybe you anglos did the same? i have no idea

I'm a wageslave with a mostly repetitive non-verbal job. The decisions I make don't require me to talk in my head. So I'm free to listen to podcasts and audiobooks for 8.5 hours a day. There are upsides and downsides. It's good for getting through a difficult book the first time, but if you want to really read it well, it will require re-reading.

Veeky Forums is nothing but elitists

that being said, i do hate audiobooks.

I have an hour commute, fuck your NEET bullshit.

I listen to audiobooks whilst im working. Better than listening to my co-workers talk about sport and I can't concentrate on my job whilst listening to music.

this thread is useless without people recommending decent audio books (taking inot account the reader's performance)

My favourite so far has been invisible man- ralph ellison (read by joe morton) and book of dave - will self read by will self.

READ a book on your commute nigger

Lol what if I'm old enough to drive?

I enjoyed a history of modern britain. Like a 30 hour radio 4 documentary.