Post your favourite Bible quotations

Post your favourite Bible quotations

>Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

And Jesus said unto him, Why call me good? none is good, except one, that is, God.

>only God is good
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. John 10:11

I am the good shepherd =/= I am Good
nice try though brainlet

>liking the NT more

I bet you like mozart over bach

>jesus is not good
“He committed no sin and no deceit was found in His mouth.” 1 Peter 2:22

"You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin." 1 John 3:5

>jesus is god
>God is good
>but jesus isn't good

We can call him good, but Jesus does not call himself good, because only God is good.
Learn to reading comprehension, retard

"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters -- yes, even his own life -- he cannot be My disciple." Luke 14:26

"If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world" John 15:19

"all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23
But this only applies to everyone else, not to Jesus.
Jesus did not sin, so he can rightly be called good, as God is good and free of sin.

When Jesus said "Why call me good?" He wasn't rebuking the man, he was asking him a penetrating question to push the man to think through the implications of his own words, to understand the concept of Jesus’ goodness and, most especially, the man’s lack of goodness.

>He wasn't rebuking the man
Yes he was, that is the point of the wording.
If someone says "dude, you're smart" and someone says "only God is smart" he isn't saying that he considers himself smart and God.

;צומה לך נפשי
;כמה לך בשרי
;בארץ ציה ועיף
בלי מיים

;כן לקודש חזיתיך
;לראות עוזך
וכבודך

>jesus was sinless, but still not good!

He called himself "the truth" and "the way" and "the life". He was sinless. I think you need to understand that Jesus challenged people to think and often asked penetrating questions.

Anyway

"I and the Father are one"
"He who has seen me has seen the Father"

And the Word was with God and the Word was God.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

>the bible is contradictory
Wow what a surprise. All the mental gymnastics you people take to twist it all into one big narrative, to the point that Jesus """really""" means the exact opposite of what he himself says. Really deep desu.

Apparent contradictions become unraveled with a wider understanding of the text. Keep seeking friend. I was in a similar place at one point.

>At that time the LORD said unto Joshua, Make thee sharp knives, and circumcise again the children of Israel the second time.

>And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

>And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.
This one got me just because it doesn't come directly after a story of God being mad at Israel or anything that would case him to be mad, so just it came across as "Oh, he's mad AGAIN, as usual. What is it this time?" Also this turns out to be one of those cases where God makes someone do something and then punishes them and their entire country for it.

>case
cause

>just it
it just

>but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Why is god such a weak cunt?

God was on Judah's side, but Judah himself had to do his own work and fight his own battles. Judah could not drive out the inhabitants.

This tbqh

Bullshit. That verse is completely at odds with the rest of Judges and the Bible in general, in which victory depends 100% on whether God is on your side.

dude they had IRON