I can't fucking figure out how to turn this oven on

I can't fucking figure out how to turn this oven on
This is the worst thread and I'm sorry

Attached: 20180314_163926.jpg (3264x1836, 1.44M)

Retard.

is this a pic of an oven or a fucking space shuttle

You didn't set your clock for daylight savings and lost all the solar energy that powers the oven, dumdum.

Tickle the little wavy man, set the top center knoble to "vage", and press hard on the completely boxed waves at the bottom.

Holy shit wtf

Tickle the little running man, set the top center knoble to "vage", and press hard on the completely boxed waves at the bottom.

Select bake on the nob (out of picture) on the right...

I just moved into this place. I did my best to clean this filthy stupid thing. I have a chicken defrosted and all the ingredients ready to make soup with the skeleton/drippings but I need to bake it first.
Googled the model and everything but nothing is working

Attached: 1517287950298.jpg (480x355, 89K)

Plugged it in the power socket?

OH OF COURSE
I just had to set the little man to 3, turn the stop sign box to 12, THEN (not before steps 1 and 2) turn the heat up for 0. Of course how fucking silly of me.
Now to deal with all this smoke.

Ya I tried turning it on and off and updating the drivers too

Attached: 1518117212913.jpg (455x532, 155K)

I said there is another knob, the function selection; bake, broil... you conviently cropped it out of the photo... turn that.

Say you're sorry

Attached: 20180314_180344.jpg (3264x1836, 1.37M)

Sorry. (What a retarded stove, it’s got to be Canada) did you turn the run timer and see if it heats up?

It is Canada, look at you go.
Don't worry user, I figured out the secret code

Good job!

Wow what a retarded stove.
I would say it’s worth saving up and buying a better one just so you don’t have to deal with that shit

It's plugged in, right?

ohh a 1960's viking. nice.

What the fuck?

Did The Riddler make this oven while on a mixture of shrooms and peyote?

Attached: What Cat.gif (400x250, 1.94M)

too bad it is 'lectric

It's a ham radio

I'm just renting the place for school. I'm not buying them a new stove. Assuming the mystic code to the grand wizard Elrathmurr's arcane vault doesn't rescramble itself while I sleep I'd hope I'll be able to at least consistently bake my chicken now.

Careful friend, for the watchful eyes of the guild of Vanos Talure are upon ye.

Can you push in the stop sign or running man buttons? When you turn the stovetop knobs, do they work? Do the indicator light come on when they heat up? Is the indicator light for the oven coming on at all? Is it gas or electric? Does the little switch next to the power outlet control the power outlet or the light inside the oven?

Don't worry user, the riddle was solved That said, if you want to figure out what on earth the running man and stop sign could possibly mean then please be my guess. This is probably one of those "solve it and you get a wish" situations.

Hm. I wonder if the stop sign dial is the hour on the clock the oven turns itself off, and the running man dial is the hour on the clock when the oven comes on. The "push for manual" caption may be a clue as to how to override the timed heating functions. This is why I'm curious if any of the knobs can be pushed or pulled as well as rotated.

>Timing dials

Please no, I just figured this thing out. None of them can be pushed or pulled. That was one of the first things I tried assuming it was a secret on button.

No, I just figured it out by looking more closely at the buttons. There is a ridge on the stop sign knob, meaning it DOES push/pull as well as rotate. This IS how to override the timed oven settings. Stop sign is auto-off. Running man is delayed start time. They correspond to the clock. Push the stop sign knob IN and use the oven normally. Pull the stop sign out and rotate it to the time you want the oven to turn off. Then rotate the running man to set the clock time you want the oven to turn itself on.

Get a gay lover in Montreal.

Then it's stuck pulled out. Push the stop sign button in.

I'm genuinely curious what this has to do with Canada. Are only Canadian ovens set up this way? Like they drive on wacky reverse roads in England?

That seems like a bizarre option to add but I hope you're right. Maybe I accidentally pushed one in while I sperged out and that's why it's working. I'll try fucking with it once my chicken is done. Thanks user.

Pushed in should be normal oven mode.
Pulled out should be timer dial mode.
If you can't get it to push/pull and it's stuck broken in timer mode, you have to set the running man to the time on the clock face to get it to start.

I figured it out when I read you had to set the running man to 3, and the time on the clock face in the photo was almost 3.

>OH OF COURSE
>I just had to set the little man to 3, turn the stop sign box to 12, THEN (not before steps 1 and 2) turn the heat up for 0. Of course how fucking silly of me.

Quality thread.

The picture indicates the oven is a high-end, 60s vintage Viking sold by Eaton (defunct Canadian department store) with markings in both English and French.

There is a high likelihood the oven was originally sold to a customer in Montreal since in the 60s, Montreal was the financial and industrial center of Canada, and other cities didn't have the sizable upper middle class dropping pretty penny on high-end stoves.

Well hell, you're pretty good at this. Next you should try solving the pharaohs riddle trial and quench Egypt of his curse.
Just went to check the dials and the running man is now on 9. I'm pretty sure this place is also haunted though so that might be a confounding variable.

Attached: Funnyand cute boy.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>Veeky Forums - Riddles and Geographical Triangulation

I mean I live under some Indians in Toronto but the odds were on your side.

unrelated question

do sausages work like eggs in that if they dont float they've gone bad? (other way around with eggs)
usually sausages float but the ones i got here wont

please respond i am starving

Yes, it must be how the timer works somehow. You have to wait and observe. Try working on the push/pull action of the stop sign button later. Maybe it's gummed up with grease or something.

The ones in BC aren't this retarded. Which province are you residing, friend?

Ontario, Toronto specifically. In defense of my overpriced, smelly, third world city this is the first time I've seen anything this poorly designed.

There you go, Ontario is full of failure.

Attached: Kathleen_Wynne_March_2015.jpg (399x603, 160K)

If it smells or looks off, don't eat it man.

An oven with an auto-timer function was probably the tits back in the 60's or whenever.

looks and smells normal i suppose
thing is they come from a glass, expiration date is 2019 but i opened it some time ago and cant remember when, months perhaps

If it's been refrigerated then they should be fine.

alright then, ill eat them
thank you user, have a blessed day

Is it turned on at the wall?

It's cool, just remember if it tastes off don't finish them, don't fuck yourself up.

the taste is pretty much as expected so far
i had some trail mix to fall back on, but it looks like i'll get to save that shit for tomorrow!

>be my guess
>my guess
>guess

Okay so I pushed the little running man in. It turned the stove off immediately. Pushing it again didn't turn it back on. So I thought I'd switch it to 3 again but that didn't work. I kept spinning and eventually the dial locked in place a little past 9 where it was before I pushed it in.
I'm starting to think this might not actually be an oven.

Oh, and the running man doesn't lock in as pushed or pulled out. If you push it it springs back out like a button rather than a switch.

>This entire thread
We ain't gonna make it.

not with that attitude!

Yeah, but I was thinking that it was the stop sign button that had the push/pull function. Hm. Maybe it only has to be pressed once. Wish I could play with it. Lol. Well, you'll figure it out eventually.