What's your favorite martini recipe? I like having one every night after work but I want to mix it up

What's your favorite martini recipe? I like having one every night after work but I want to mix it up.

Attached: thumb[1].jpg (600x825, 33K)

shaken not stirred

3.5 oz vodka
1 oz vermouth
1 kalamata olives
1 pickled onion (preferably spicy)
1/4 tsp of juice from the kalamata jar

Garnishes on a skewer of coursh'. In honor of our dearly departed

2 parts gin
1/2 part vermouth
1-2 dashes orange bitters
stir with ice
lemon twist

Shaker, 1/4 full ice shavings
3.5 oz vodka
splash of green olive brine
shake for 30 seconds

1/2 oz vermouth into the glass, swirl it, dump it

pour

garnish with 3 olives on a plastic colored sword because i'm a jackass

>vodka
Nice try but that's a different drink.

two shots of gin, as little vermouth as I can pour, then shake it with lots of ice for 20 seconds or so to dilute it to the point that it tastes good. Pour through a screen and wish I had olives.

Anyone got preferred brands? I used to always buy Fords but my nearest store stopped carrying it so I switched to Bombay. Vermouth I'll buy whatever, don't really give a shit.

3 cans pimento beans
1 jar olives
Cayenne pepper
Some beer that's been left out all night
Nutmeg to taste

Wa la

Dryfly

>People unironically saying vodka belongs in a Martini

Attached: 1518045056293.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

plymouth

not only that but to shake it. jesus christ

2 oz. Old Tom Gin
1 oz. French Vermouth
1 Dash Absinthe
Stir
Garnish with Lemon Peel

Gordons is the minimum acceptable gin. I try to get Tanqueray because it's the bottom of the price bracket of gins that all pretty much taste the same

You have problem with vodka? You do not enjoy life? Does vodka martini no longer exist, or is my vodka that good?

Attached: Mayakovsky.png (771x1079, 1.04M)

DELET THIS

Attached: bond.jpg (419x231, 38K)

ice directly in the glass
2 gin
1 vermouth
1 campari
whoops

>shaken vodka martinis with olives

Attached: 3213213213.jpg (441x312, 44K)

If I was a raging alcoholic with only a potato field or a freshman mixing 1 part liquor to 12 parts soda, I'd drink vodka, but I'm not so I don't

you can get good, smooth, delicious vodka from many craft distilleries around the country, user
make a vodka tonic with that and some bitters of your choice and enjoy a delicious drink

3 parts gin (I like Boodles)
1 part dry vermouth (I like Noilly Prat)
Stirred (NEVER shake a Martini!)
Dash of orange bitters
Garnished with lemon twist. If you must use olive, use only one. There's no point drinking a Martini if all you want is brine flavor.

>NEVER shake a Martini!

Attached: DELETTHIS.jpg (1920x1080, 493K)

IBA standard requires an olive or lemon oil you fuck.

Using vodka instead of gin is common practice, and stirring instead of shaking is because of breaking the ice, which is only needed if you're diluting your drink like a puss. The gin, or vodka, and vermouth should be chilled but ice should not be required for people who aren't knob-goblins.

50/50 Beefeater and Dry Vermouth (I'll like to buy different ones when possible)
Shaken with frozen olive brine cubes that I save from my empty olive jars
strained into my martini glasses
4 olives

And I'm saying that making it that way is shit. A Martini is Gin, Vermouth, optional bitters, stirred, then an added twist. Any other way is disgusting.

>stirring instead of shaking is because of breaking the ice, which is only needed if you're diluting your drink like a puss
It adds no additional dilution if the shaken drink is double strained you dunce. The reason you don't shake is because shaking causes aeration which changes the taste of the drink.

>The gin, or vodka, and vermouth should be chilled but ice should not be required for people who aren't knob-goblins.
You have to be pretending. No one is this retarded right?

>ice, which is only needed if you're diluting your drink like a puss. The gin, or vodka, and vermouth should be chilled but ice should not be required for people who aren't knob-goblins.
Then it is, by definition, not a cocktail. You need to stir a Martini with ice, because the small amount of water that is released into the drink provides a velvety smoothness, without which, you are literally not drinking a Martini.

3 parts gin
1 part dry vermouth
1 part pickle brine from McClure's spicy pickles
1 whole McClure's spicy dill pickle (they're small)

had it a few nights ago, really quite good. I call it the martini with pickle.

Attached: https:--i.imgur.com-w6wGHAd.jpg (1959x1959, 753K)

Someone told me you're not supposed to shake the martini because it "bruises the gin." Now this sounds like bullshit to me but I could see maybe the shaking might dilute it by chipping off ice?

What do you guys say about this?

Attached: im thinking rick.jpg (1200x800, 203K)

read

You shouldn't shake it because it provides aeration which you do not want in a Martini. It clouds the drink and makes it look like you've added citrus juice or egg white. It does change the texture, but I'm not really convinced it changes the flavor drastically. The shaking does agitate the ice more and may very well lead to more dilution than you want. The whole point of a Martini is that it should be silky smooth, but not watered down or foamy. If you shake it, you're destroying the drink. Shaking is perfect for a gin fizz, but terrible for a Martini.

>Then it is, by definition, not a cocktail.
Since when is ice, by definition, a requirement in a cocktail.

A cocktail is any spirit(s) mixed with other ingredients.

Attached: cocktail-definition.jpg (1677x1674, 2.89M)

Disgusting

1 part ice cold gin
Drink while looking at a bottle of vermouth

Attached: 1200px-Sir_Winston_Churchill_-_19086236948.jpg (1200x1527, 178K)

If your cocktail includes non alcoholic mixers then you shake. Otherwise you stir

Wrong. You can shake if it has cloudy or non-clear ingredients, but stir if it's clear.

If we're counting things like highballs, you should never, ever shake any drink that has a carbonated ingredient, even if it's non-alcoholic.

You can if you add the carbonation after. Ramos Gin Fizz and Tom Collins are both shaken carbonated drinks.

Fair enough.

So both of us are wrong? No ice but it requires bitters to be a cocktail?

It's kinda hard to read the degraded faerie text so correct me if I'm wrong.

Water comes from the ice. And traditionally, a Martini has bitters.

Cocktails were originally defined as having a spirit, water, sugar, and bitters. They were distinguished between other types of drinks that we now just call "cocktails" because American drinking culture died during Prohibition and never truly recovered, just revived as a horrifying mockery of its former self.