What podcasts do you listen to Veeky Forums?

fuck asking normie tube or google, I'm interested in listening to some actual decent podcasts on literature, the history of literary theory, maybe some philosophy and mythology.

I'll start, I listen to occult of personality and the history of philosophy without any gaps

Other urls found in this thread:

literatureandhistory.com/index.php/episodes/all-episodes
openculture.com/2012/05/jorge_luis_borges_1967-8_norton_lectures_on_poetry_and_everything_else_literary.html
themodernhermeticist.com/about/
thepiratebay.org/torrent/10375085/_The_Great_Courses_-_The_Teaching_Company_Megapack_280_Courses
philosophy.uchicago.edu/podcasts/elucidations.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HL4JsK_JQiM
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl/episodes/a-z/a
socialmatter.net/category/myth-of-the-20th-century/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've been listening to this one during the last two months:

literatureandhistory.com/index.php/episodes/all-episodes

It's absolutely amazing and fits very well with the "Start with the Greeks" theme (or even "Start with the Sumerians"). I love that it is chronological, and it is one of the very few that is structured this way. I have a long drive today, and am looking forward to listening to episodes 33 and 34 on the way there.

Will give it a listen, super good that it's chronological

>Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast
He rambles a lot sometimes, and the Thursday edition of the podcast is basically ads with some complaining, but I love Bill's attitude to life and his work ethic. He's someone you can learn from, if only because he's fucked up so many times in different ways.

>The Report of the Week
I listen to his food reviews and VORW shortwave broadcasts. Brah is a good dude. Fuck anyone who says different.

>Marc Maron WTF Podcast
I only listen to this because of the entertainment industry guests he has on. Maron is an insufferable cunt, but the guests usually make up for this.

>Kevin Pollack Chat Show
On Youtube. I'll listen to this because his qt Jewish gf is much younger than him and she's annoyingly cute. Also his guests are wide ranging and again mostly entertainment people from L.A.

t. comedy / film nerd

Thank you user, this looks great :)

Bret Easton Ellis, sometimes, if he has a guest I want to hear from.

Borges Best Lectures in English
openculture.com/2012/05/jorge_luis_borges_1967-8_norton_lectures_on_poetry_and_everything_else_literary.html

Norm Macdonald's podcast

I was thinking more literature/mythology/history podcasts

o shit a good post

The Modern Hermeticist is my favorite!

themodernhermeticist.com/about/

rationally speaking with julia goof

This is amazing, thank you for the recommendation user!

I've downloaded a huge torrent full of lectures and just pick a subject that interests me. The one I'm going through now is Russian literature

Where'd ya get em?

I listen to the Ben Shapiro show every morning during my commute.

My favorite podcast, though, is Dan Carlin's Hardcode history. The episodes are several hours long but only released a few times a year.

What is a good daily podcast I can listen to during my commute home?

Through someone's link on Veeky Forums. Search for "The Great Courses", that's the name of the company that produces these.

Cum Town, NRK Bok, Kulturhuset, Språkteigen, In Our Time

easily available I believe on piratebay

just type in great courses or teaching company

Cheers!

fuck what you thought, useless. if you're interested in history and philosophy how about you read a goddamn book you ultimate queer. greek and roman classics are free at project gutenberg you ugly papist. you wretch. you hellhound. you absolute waste.

Cheers dude!

Oh also I second the great courses. Professors Sugrue and Daileader are absolutely worth the cost. Please don't pirate them you peasant. You oaf. You prince of knaves.

>In Our Time

Thebes on Thursday, I'm looking forward to it

>The episodes include original music, some comedy songs, and goofy jokes.

ugh

>France Culture's Chemins de la Connaissance. Reruns from the 70s and 80s: great stuff.

The New Books Network series. Interviews with academics, by academics, about their latest academic books.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/10375085/_The_Great_Courses_-_The_Teaching_Company_Megapack_280_Courses

Found the link, posting for posterity

any good philosophy podcast?

HoPWaG of course

Does anyone have any good German/French ones?

Partially Examined Life
Panpsycast
Philosophy Bites
History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps

Plenty of good philosophy episodes of In Our Time too.

>Partially Examined Life
I thought that one was pretty terrible

Last Podcast on the Left, Book Shambles, I Don't Even Own a Television, Chapo Trap House

>Chapo Trap House

soboys the podcast

As shitty as it sounds (and it sounds supremely shitty) Myths and Legends is a concise podcast with some pretty entertaining dramatisations of classic myths from around the world. The viking sagas and Icelandic myths are my favourite, but it's introduced me to some Asian mythology I probably wouldn't have otherwise read. The downside is, it's a fairly loose dramatisation meant for accessibility and entertainment's value more than anything else. If you donate to the writer, you can have access to his sources which are well-researched for what the end product is. It's not a perfect historical representation, but I'll bet it's more entertaining than a history lecture, especially if this is serving as an introduction.

Jocko Podcast is the best one.

That one is pretty cringeworthy for me. Last one i listened to they were reading that Musashi book, which a pretty 14 year old minded comic booky type commercial fiction trash, and talking about it like it was it was a masterpiece. I can see why it appealed to the two lunkheads but come on...

>>Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast

I used to listen to this a lot, but it got pretty repetitive. Also is intolerable when he brings out his loud mouthed, moronic, unfunny wife.

Yeah same here, I probably stopped listening like a year ago. His wife got his balls and he started filtering himself, always ending (weaker) rants with "eh what the hell do I know" and other backpedaling shit to keep himself safe. His last special was full of that shit as well.
He lost his edge, which I'm sure is good for him as a person, but not as a comedian.

Anything good in (European) Spanish?

Nia haters GET THE FUCK OUT. She's emotionally smart (despite being a generic political braindead Democrat), and they're a good couple. What they have could be anyone's good relationship goal honestly.

There are periods when he does ramble on about literally nothing, and that's when he's really busy: writer's room, new special, new baby no sleep, Billy no-fun jk not really, movies and shit. Half the time I'm listening it's like I'm the guy's therapist pro bono.

His last special was weak, but not because he lost his edge. He just stretched himself too thin over too many projects and his own work suffered. It could have been great, but he did really really really too-long bits about stupid shit that is played out (Hitler, dead babies, etc). Also, the crowd at the Ryman was not feeling him at all. I want to see him go back to comedy roots of setup-punchline and clever callbacks.

I do appreciate the brass balls it took to vocally not support Clinton's bullshit in 2016. Living and working in Los Angeles. In the entertainment industry.

Do some people really absorb information better when it's delivered aurally? I never have, so podcasts are a waste of time for me.

Sam Harris - Waking Up

probably the best podcast there is if you want intellectual discourse about a wide variety of topics

he's one of the last few public intellectuals with honesty

The Daily Shoah

>Nia haters GET THE FUCK OUT
>liking a dumb BLM roastie
congrats, aren't you special

Joe Rogan on x3 speed.

>Nia haters GET THE FUCK OUT
>AY HOL UP
>SO U BE SAYIN
>*smacks lips*
>U BE SAY WOMEN R BITCHES N SHIEETT

WE

kulturkampf

bookworm

Cum town

WHEN IS BRET COMING BACK IT'S BEEN MONTHS

cum town is the #1 literature podcast for intellectuals

elucidations is a pretty patrician philosophy podcast

philosophy.uchicago.edu/podcasts/elucidations.html

they discuss DFW on today's premium

sperm byen > alle andre podcaster

>Humane Arts
A series of lectures by a Peninsula College prof., ranging from leisure as a social construct, to philosophy, to language and literature. The lectures on language and literature, while only an hour long (so they're relatively shallow) are pretty entertaining.
>History of Rome
The gold standard of history podcasts.
History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps
The gold standard of history of philosophy podcasts.
>The Partially Examined Life
Informal forum for ex-philosophy students to discuss philosophical works in an approachable way. They tend to go off-topic, but not disastrously so; although you probably won't be satisfied if you're well-read in philosophy yourself.
>Dungey State University
Just started listening to this yesterday, after it was recommended months ago. It's alright, interesting political philosophy podcast hosted by a rambling professor and his layman handler. The last "season" it seems like they did a series on Locke, Hobbes, and the transition from liberal to authoritarian democracy under the new aristocracy. Interesting.

really interested to hear what stavros laughs about nick saying about DFW on today's premium.

The Daily Shoa
Beyond the wall
Myth of the 20th century

love the podcast, he should lose the douchebag though

>Dan Carlin's Hardcode history
came here to post this, no one can get me excited and into my thoughts about ancient history as well as he can.

>imagine what that must have looked like
gives me fucking chills.

He's a sincere man.

I'm just looking for something to listen to when cooking/driving/etc other than my usual comedy podcasts

Any Russian podcasts?

Very much so. I almost teared up at his letter to his daughter in this one, and I never do that.
youtube.com/watch?v=HL4JsK_JQiM

I wish he was my dad ;_;

Only if you can tolerate the constant smug asides "gee whiz, these myths and legends are so wacky and nonsensical by our modern day standards".

I really tried to get into it, but holy shit what a twat.

I am not a plebeian so zero.

Holy shit that sounds almost too good to be true, have you downloaded it?

History on Fire, True Capitalist Radio, I Was There Too, and The Dick Show

In Our Time, I enjoy it.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl/episodes/a-z/a

chapo and the intercept. not very Veeky Forums i'm afraid

Age of Treason

I find them to be pretty hit and miss. I find they can be really good when they are good (usually when someone is already familiar with the work in question, the philosopher, or related works) but they can be pretty damn bad sometimes. Their Epictetus episode was so awful.

les chemins de la philosophie
la compagnie des auteurs
la fabrique de l’histoire

honestly everything on France Culture
mon vieux

our interesting times
daily shoah

Freakonomics
Planet Money
All songs considered
You are not so smart
Tip Off
The Anthill

Myth of the 20th century
socialmatter.net/category/myth-of-the-20th-century/

Just pick one

>Real Time with Bill Maher

Myth of the 20th Century
Revolutions
The Fifth Column
History of Philosophy without any gaps
Lectures in History

In Our Time. It’s about history, literature and other interesting shit.

>in our time
my niggers

>which I'm sure is good for him as a person
Not sure getting married to a useless bitch without a prenup and raising a child that's not your own is that good

I listen to CGP Grey podcasts, he's a closet Landian.

He interacts with rationalists a lot, I know employees as SENS who helped him write his latest anti-aging video, but he's not so susceptible to novelty to actually fall for Land.

what does rationalism mean contemporarily?

Eliezer Yudkowsky shitting his pants about Roko's Basilisk in 10,000 word increments

mega64 is the best literature podcast on the internet

also the best philosophy podcast on the internet, and the sexiest podcast on the internet too

finally someone named a podcast I actually listen to
tentatively picking up Humane Arts, In Our Time and Borges lectures from this thread

BBC’s In Our Time can often be a nice listen, especially on topics of which you know nothing about

This by far is the best response. Any subject you are interested in they will have something for you. A lot of material in the social science.
They have a lot for the things your interested in as well.

the only answer

What do you do to get it three speed?I use Iphone and all I can find for doing that is apps one must perches.

why do partially examined charge for their content? it’s not even that polished. it’s not even worth listening to anymore

deer meat and jalapenos bro

I think it's $5 a month for unlimited access to all of their material and access to their forums. There forums are easily the best part of the whole thing. Different people set up their own topics that people get on skype to talk about. I used to take part in some of the very early ones about fiction before I became too busy.

There are like two actual goofy jokes per episode and an episode lasts around one and a half hour. Who cares? The guy actually knows his subject matter and is a very compelling storyteller.