Recently this book was translate completed in my Thai language . Should I read this...

Recently this book was translate completed in my Thai language . Should I read this ? if I am both buddhism and christian . I already read the whole bible and mormon bible , Carl Jung and Joseph cambell works

this book will make me depress or not ?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Read it.

Because ...?

>I am both Buddhist and Christian
Literally impossible

You can reasonably hope that it will not depress you.

Not impossible. With God nothing is impossible.

ok I mean I am buddhist but recently I start to change my mind to learn about christ religion

come on even your st Augustine is doing this before

This is untrue, because with God all things that are possible are possible. This excludes contradictions and absurdities. Yes, but he wasn't a manichean Christian, he was first one, than the other. It's one thing to be a Buddhist interested in Christianity or considering converting and such and the other is saying you are both at the same time.
To answer your first question, Augustine didn't write depressing works, it was his way out of misery into happiness and sin to sainthood.

well you know ? in ancient time people don't strict much about religion and someone can be both hindu and muslim in the same time

I heard long ago that christ religion is different because they are strict. and you confirm me about this

being too strict is cause the problem and wars for modern world. because those religion want to be strict like christ religion

well for me I am not sure what I want to be
I like both science and religion . I like buddhism , hindu islam and christ taoism also ancient egypt hermetica

>being too strict is cause the problem and wars for modern world
No, we have the opposite problem. We invade other countries because we don't respect their boundaries, all we have is boundless greed and lust, like a kid touching all things and people he sees, treating anything as his own.

When did the last religious war happen and compare them to non religious wars. There hasn't a religious war related to Christianity in 400 years or so and we've had plenty of others in the meantime.

Hope you understand my bad english language right

> We invade other countries because we don't respect their boundaries
you mean colonialism age ? I think those army was run by business interest not by religion
and most powerful country both west and east just do the same if they have change

but i got your point . it's wired that by being too strict of christ religion lead to enlightenment age and revolution in europe but this event not happen in the rest of the world

this is why I want to study christ religion

>there hasn't a religious war related to Christianity in 400 years or so
Bush thinking Gog and Magog were a good reason to invade Iraq?
no?...biblical prophecy has nothing to do with christianity amirite

>When did the last religious war happen
this year the rohingya genocide in Myanmar
also 911 terrorism war

>There hasn't a religious war related to Christianity in 400 years
it's always relate to Christianity they want to being strict with their believe just like Christianity

Religion had nothing to do with Iraq. Iraq was invaded because they tried to gain sovereignty over their oil exports.

>rohingya genocide
They’re muslim colonisers from Bangladesh for crying out loud, they don’t belong on Burmese soil

Depends. Are you interested in catholic christianity? Then you should read it

>Thinking Iraq was about God and Magog and not oil and geopolitics
Lol

An absolute must-read for anyone interested in the One True Faith.

The fact that you like them all shows you have a superficial understanding of them at best.

>literally has to take a vow to claim Allah is the only god and there are no other deities
>one can be muslim and hindu at the same time

wtf user

I can he to make ask about this book and since this thread is already here I'll post here.

I read this book a while back and it was the best decisioni have ever made. Utterly changed my mindset. So OP yes you should defiantly read it!
It's simply amazing!

But I have a question:
Are there any similar books like this;
Christian or other spiritually philosophy type books?
I want to start reading asap!

Just what I needed

You might like Thomas Merton. He wrote The Seven Storey Mountain, which people call the 20th century Confessions.

The one who made this chart admitted to adding books just based on some Google searches, so there's a few not-so-good recommemdations.
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
This is a better list.

>this is your brain on abrahamic tribalist cults

How is it possible to hold two contradictory positions consistently?

Cognitiv dissonance. And also not being a nerd who takes everything so seriously, religions have always been effecting eachother and absorbing parts from eachother. That’s why you see so much pagan shit in Christianity and so much hindu shit in buddhism. Just go with the flow and cherry pick along the way, my man.

The way of the Cross is about not going with the flow.

Sounds like autism but whatever floats your boat and delude your world view.