When it comes to dieting, what was the most effective diet you follow? For me...

When it comes to dieting, what was the most effective diet you follow? For me, I manage to lose weight when I counted calories, remove soda/snack out of my diet, or potato only diet.

Attached: 1896afb5-0413-457e-a068-d4b80368922d_1.5ae9f05631c2337eb443cb20011c84bf.jpg (1500x1500, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0CdwWliv7Hg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It honestly depends on what you're trying to accomplish, if you want a better physique and better health with less FAT on you then there is a certain way to do it, I'm more than happy to help op, tell me what exactly you're trying to do and your lifestyle

i've had the most success just doing three 500 calorie meals.

eating whatever. fast food, vending machine fare, etc.

just don't exceed 1,500 cal a day.

your insulin and metabolism will eventually get fixed as long as you have a calorie deficit. you don't need low carb. then it's smooth sailing and hunger is manageable.

whey/water/psyllium 3x/day, maybe plus real food once in a while, maybe plus a salad and some black coffee

kinda sucked but I lost a lot of weight

also, my best run of training by far happened when I was counting protein and shooting for 50 g animal protein 5x/day. worked so well I stopped doing it.

(yes, I'm aware of what the science says on this. go figure.).

Eat every other day

If a 1500 calorie diet isn't a ridiculous cut for you, you need to get out a lot more. I'm cutting now out at 2300 and that's really heavy cut for me.

You shouldn't drink your calories on a cut, spend them on whole foods that are more satiating.

Also you shouldn't "diet", you change your lifestyle and eat a bit less )and healthier). If you do diets your bound to just gain it back when you stop dieting.

>counting calories
>cardio/hiit/lifting
>reducing portions

>When it comes to dieting, what was the most effective diet you follow?

I have a few uneducated techniques/opinions that I'd be willing to share, nothing extreme or dramatic though.

Don't drink anything besides water or milk. No juice, no alcohol, absolutely no fucking soda or coke.
Drink water when you wake up, drink water after or before a meal, drink water before you go to bed.
Eat two big meals a day and absolutely no snacking in between. (preferably breakfast and the dinner, skip lunch or just have a banana or something)
Don't eat 3 hours before you plan on going to bed. (so if you plan on going to bed at 2am your cut off period for dinner is 10-11pm'ish)

That's pretty much it.
I'm at about 140lbs at 5ft 10 and have been the same weight for like 3 years now with no real effort on my part.

>But that doesn't sound the 'most' effective?

I think the most effective diet is the one you can commit to and just do it without thinking about it.

>Don't drink anything besides water or milk. No juice, no alcohol, absolutely no fucking soda or coke.
tae + coffee are aight, yes?

The easiest and fastest way with no emaciating caloric restriction: fasting.

i ate 180 calories a day and worked part time at a bakery
worked. do not recommend. lots of loose skin now, looks funny. tight clothes look good now though so that's dope

Only keep at home foods you don't enjoy so that you will eat less of them. For example if you just have a whole chicken and some bland rice, eating those two together will be so dry and hard to eat that you will be lucky if you can go through a whole meal that day.

i harshly controlled my diet and exercise for years before realizing it was still a shit human being

i'm 270 lbs now and i finally look how i feel.

Go to/fit/ and read the sticky.
>Lean meat, grains, veggies, fruit
>Don't eat shitty food, take out, instant/frozen meals
>Burn more calories in a day than you eat
>Drink water
>Quit alcohol and soda
>Don't snack. 3 meals a day, that's it.

keto + lifting.
Weight loss is for queers and women.

>140lbs at 5'10"
>giving advice
skeleton be gone

as long as you aren't loading it up with cream and sugar

Just eat a whole-food plant-based diet without oils, and minus nuts. I was already a normal weight but lost an additional 15 lbs doing it. You can literally eat as much as you want and still lose weight because plant foods are so calorie shallow for the amount of volume they take up in your stomach (lots of water and fiber content as filler).
youtube.com/watch?v=0CdwWliv7Hg

Also as others have said, drink water. Studies do show you feel greater satiety when you chew your calories.

I got healthy by going pesceterian, cutting most processed foods out of my diet, and eating lots of fiber.

Don't go crazy with it. Treat yourself occasionally, and make changes you can stick with long term(maybe even permanently)

it's called eating less

just eat less and not complete trash
works wonders

>tae + coffee are aight, yes?

Yes, tea and coffee are perfectly fine- a cup of tea is an excellent choice if you're having a rough time waiting between meals.
Milk or cream is fine (I prefer homogenized), but I'd strongly recommend unpasturized honey instead of just straight up sugar.

I usually eat lunch then around 4-5pm I eat a medium sized meal. I don't eat after 6pm. Be disciplined.

Count calories and you can eat whatever you want. I lost 40lbs without removing soda from my diet. That said, limiting your sugar intake is good for other reasons.

Simple rules:
1. No junk food whatsoever.
2. Water and black coffee / plain tea ONLY
3. Keep a chart somewhere prominent and record your weight at the same time each day every day. Average each week.
4. Make sure you feel hungry at the end of the day.
5. Cut a meal out of the day (or if very active/atheltic, eat a very tiny meal for one of your meals).
6. No cheat days.

Easy, don't even have to count calories.

Counting calories has been very effective for me. I lost 30lbs 2 years ago without doing so basically eating nothing but it's brutal. I rebounded 20lbs and am now getting back through counting calories and just eating less instead of nothing. It's much healthier and easier to keep up. Really the most important thing is consistency.
Also I like to weigh myself everyday to keep tabs and be happy when my weight actually goes down. Good luck

You shouldn't weigh yourself every day as you fluctuate water weight. Once a week or longer is the recommendation

Anorexia I guess, but even then I never managed to get lower than 48kg. Can't be helped.

same. went from 300lb to 160 by drastically cutting calories. my body looks like shit with my clothes off because of how much fat i lost.

>Also you shouldn't "diet", you change your lifestyle and eat a bit less )and healthier). If you do diets your bound to just gain it back when you stop dieting.
literally mumscience
kys

1500 calories a day OP

>going back to old eating habits after dieting won't lead the same outcome as before
jesus christ you're a moron

I like to see progress to have motivation, water weight or not

WELL OBVIOUSLY HOW ABOUT NOT GOING BACK TO OLD EATING HABITS YOU FUCKING CUNT

one meal a day, or intermittent fasting

lost 40 lbs

Granted i was forced into it because of gastritis
just go get gastritis

Slammed water, cut gaming time from 12 hours to 1 hour before and after raid time. Walked doggos and slept before 1 am.
And that's how I went from 310 pounds to 235 in less than 8 months.
I'll refine my dieting as soon as I get out out debt

Potatoes are a great diet food, I can throw some spices on two or three plain baked potatoes and fill up on 400ish calories. It must be good for digestion as well because they give me the most regular, complete and satisfying shits

Lost 2 lbs a week on average eating less by way of reduced meals, replacing soda with seltzer, smaller meals, etc. Lots of water helped fight off the hunger pains. It t'was a good diet, since I could still eat whatever I wanted. Had ribs twice in the same month without slowing anything down.

eating less was pretty successfull for me

I find that it's easier to maintain a diet than it is to start one, I went from 230 to 185 pounds and towards the end I didn't have any cravings for fast food or sugary soda/juice at all. You kind of get into a routine/trance once you wean your brain's reward system off of junk food. It's the discipline to last the first week or two that makes the most difference

Cut out carbs, keto is not a meme.
Start doing intermittent fasting, begin with something simple, like 8/16.
When you feel ready, go for a 3-day water fast. It might be tough but it's good for ya. When you want to stop be careful refeeding, look up what's best, generally simple foods that are easy to digest.

3/5 days of water fasting every month for almost a year now, with 2 week-long fasts in the summer.
I know it might sound difficult and retarded, but it's great, for me at least. At first, I started doing it to lose weight, then I kept going to keep my digestive system in check and for autophagy.

There's a /fast/ thread on Veeky Forums with all the info you need.

no fat, no table sugar, no fructose
lots of carbs and fiber. beans and whole wheat bread. potatoes. Avoid pasta and rice, though. no snacking, eat twice a day, make your own food.

Three simple things: No more fast food, no more added sugar, and eating more vegetables. It's not the quickest or most efficient way to lose weight, but it worked for me.

I just cut out sugar and soda. That seems to work pretty well when it comes to losing weight.

>Keto is not a meme
It's not,. but cutting carbs completely is. Lessen your carbs, don't remove them altogether unless you want to be hospitalized a month later.

Replaced soda with water. Counted my macros and started lifting. Adjusted daily caloric intake up or down depending on observed results. That's literally it. No meme diets needed, no secret "nutritionists HATE him" tricks, just basic principles and simple observation. You can still snack, you can still eat whatever, just make sure you get appropriate exercise, don't overeat and get a minimum amount of protein (fat and carbs are ez to get anyway). Done.

If you feel like snacking and you've already eaten enough / too much and have already had a "cheat day" a short time ago, just snack on low-calorie things. Raw veggies are always good. Carrots or cucumbers are my favorites.

When I was young, some willpower was all it took. I didn't keep track of anything, just kept it in the back of my mind and lost a ton of weight effortlessly. Nowadays, calorie starving, keto, they barely have an effect.

Just eat smaller portions and excericse, literally all there is to it.

I started in december at 217 lbs, and Now in march i'm currently 182.4 All I did was basic cardio for 30 minutes a day + physical activities on the job, as well as limiting my meals to small 5in saucer's instead of a standard 8in dinner saucer. More salads, and lighter meals like cucumber sandwiches, with heavier dinners like meats and pastas.

By june I should be about 170ish.

Cut out candy and soda
Ate sensible portions
Got 30 minutes of exercise every day
Lost 80 lbs.

Just eat less than calories than you use in a day and exercise a bit.

It's that easy.

fasting.

I had been doing keto with intermittent fasting, and found it was absolutely amazing for weight loss. Been stagnant for a few days now though despite adjusting my calorie intake and deficit.

Interested to know what might help.

Try a 3-day water fast. You just need to add a teaspoon of salt every day, or snake juice if you're a phaggot

Get Crohn's Disease and shit your way to a thinner you!*
* May involve a complete inability to eat eveything you enjoy and a non-zero chance of death.

stop promoting anorexia

>stagnant for a few days now
Fuck you, I've been stuck for nine months despite keto+OMAD. I know I'm only eating 1300kcal/day on average.

I might have to. But the body's metabolism slows down when it senses starvation, so I might try a carb-reset before anything.

stop promoting misinformation

I did 6-day water fast. It was only hard until day 2 when I could barely move because I felt so tired. Day 3-6 I couldn't drink coffee anymore because it made me feel sick but I wasn't hungry at all. Could have gone for more days but it's very boring to not eat anything. Water fasting also made me stop drinking alcohol.

Just removing wheat, rice and fatty sauces from your diet cuts massive calories. Also avoid soda and beer.

IF 12-8 pm feeding window. High protein meals for satiety, my daily calories are between 1500-1800. Once a month I have a carb binge where I easily clear 5000 calories to refill glycogen. And I just stick to this regimen until I hit my desired weight. I don’t lift or exercise really.

6’2 215>165

I diet by eating vegan. It's extremely healthy, there's a lot of good recipes, and cooking vegan meals on dates is an easy way to get laid, even if your date isn't actually vegan.

owow that's my weight

tell me what are the reasons behind your opinion on fasting

I just ate ONLY eggs, chicken and vegetable salad and drank only water for 2 months. Lost 10kgs.

>ate Subway
>tried to fuck underage girls
>lost 200 pounds (and my liberty)

Attached: subwayjared.jpg (275x183, 6K)

I would gain on 15k daily

Attached: borzoi.png (1216x668, 731K)

>being on keto for your entire life
You just keep getting more and more retarded

>anons suggesting low carbs
I'm Asian so I need my rice, can I just do low fat (30g) and keep to my 1500 calories per day?

>falling for the low fat meme
Just fucking eat with a deficit. CICO.

I'm on a diet right now. Count calories. I have a maximum cap of 1200, but aim for 1000, that way just in case I make a mistake calculating something, or a cook makes something a little wrong, I'm not totally fucked.

I stay satiated by eating raw veggies with hot sauce if I get hungry. Then have a nice, large dinner around 7, with pretty much whatever I want. It's hard to eat more than 900 calories in a meal. I exercise too, but I don't count it toward my overall calorie count. Mainly just biking and body weight workouts.

This will be my third time doing it - it takes me about 2 months to lose about 30 lbs. I'm down 12 in 10 days right now. The only reason I gain weight back is because I'm an alcoholic and always seem to relapse.

Count calories and eat at -500 cals from tdee. Veeky Forums and the sticky there are the places to look. But work from eating at tdee to that. And be honest with yourself. If you overeat and ignore it, you're only hurting yourself.

As for actual foods, at least for me,
>lots of fish, eggs, chicken breast, low-fat Greek yogurt, cottage cheese for protein
>some cheese and milk, in moderation
>oats for breakfast most days. Cereal doesn't cut it.
>TONS of veggies to fill you up (brocolli, spinach, peppers, etc.) Frozen vegetables are a good way to go if fresh isn't always an option.
>tea, black coffee and LOTS of water
>lots of frozen fruit for snacks
>if you feel hungry but really shouldn't eat, then coffee, tea, water, or a piece of gum helps get over it
>a 1 glass of water before a meal helps with hunger too
>not completely cutting out all the foods you like. Just recognize when you should and shouldn't have them.

yeah bro just kill your metabolism

I was eating between 500 and 1200 a day, with a 2200 TDEE, and I neither lost nor gained weight.

This was for about 6 months.

Doesn't always work.

I’m attempting to get more in shape so I’m going to start running. I have a bit of a belly and I’d like to get rid of it. My doctor just recommended I cut added sugar, processed foods and to eat a lot more veggies and maybe reduce the amt of meat I eat. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Well, obviously you were either eating more than you think or your TDEE is lower than 2200

How long did it take?

This. There's no worse feel than killing 8 beers despite burning 1kcal at the gym and for some reason you still gain weight

> burn 1000cal
> drink 8 beers
> average beer is 150 calories per 12 oz
> 150x8= 1200
> why am I gaining weight!?!?!

>He doesn't know that Miller lite is 95cal per 12 ounces

What has worked for me is usually
>fast food and depression
Its easy because if I am not satisfied with the taste of my meal I eat until I am. Junk food always satisfied me. Lost 20lbs

>fasting and laxatives
Laxatives make me nauseous and a good week of fasting shaves off 5lbs easy.

>I need to maintain a strict diet to stay my weight
Nice. I'm just going to stay a skeleton and eat whatever I want then go to the gym

Eat less. Cut meals in half. Get used to and learn to ingore cravings. Self-control.
Also keeping yourself busy, anything that prevents you from eating out of boredom.

Just eat less.