At university

>at university
>some peeps are discussing Plato
>"dude did you know Plato invented fascism?"
>"haha yeah those old people were really weird"

Other urls found in this thread:

truthrevolt.org/news/cambridge-decolonize-english-syllabus-purging-white-authors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>t. things that never happened
In no university would people make such retarded claims.

truthrevolt.org/news/cambridge-decolonize-english-syllabus-purging-white-authors don't you know the western canon is racist?

Oh wow.

>In no university would people make such retarded claims.

this is the most retarded claim ever though.

Lol no

You have a false sense of reality, these things happen sadly.

>The letter, titled “Decolonising the English Faculty” read: “For too long, teaching English at Cambridge has encouraged a ‘traditional’ and ‘canonical’ approach that elevates white male authors at the expense of all others.

You are wrong my friend, universities are now filled with ultra liberal retards

What are you supposed to teach if not English at FUCKING HARVARD?

Does that really include Plato?

Most leftists love Plato, seeing as how force is the only way to implement both ideas.

>Truth Revolt
That whole story is based on lies, I'm sick of these bottom-of-the barrel right-wing tabloids making shit up to aggravate their geriatric readerships.

There are hundreds of videos of what goes on in American universities and colleges, you have to be pretty invested in left-wing politics to pretend to not have noticed.

People do insist on this, it's a commonplace derived from Karl Popper.

I'm not American and I don't really care what goes on in your universities. The article in question is about Cambridge.

Invented is a bit far, but contributed heavily to making it a superficially attractive ideology would be pretty accurate

The sweet naivety of high school

That's the treatment Plato deserves. Ancient Greek philosophy is utterly valueless

>my fake news isn't fake because...

Woah....I guess we should stop making foudnations to anything....

Wow. Just wow.

Excuse me for not being up to date with academia nowadays.

foundations and origins are not the same thing.

I am quite aware.

I had a kid yell at me last week for questioning his premise that men or women don't differ biologically during the James Demore shit-show. the teacher backed him up.

the very next week I made the claim that they do in my own presentation in regards to trait agreeableness and they both nodded along.

normies in liberal arts classes aren't even smart enough for logical consistency. I don't know why you think bad takes are surprising

plato is pretty facist

can we discuss how plato was problematic?

i can't even right now

probably not unfortunately
>be me
>mention Nietzsche to someone
>"isn't that the guy that nazism is based on?"

That is false, and it took a Jew named Kaufmann to actually stop Nietzsche from being banned for 'Nazism'. It's a pretty widespread meme, so I don't think they're a complete idiot, especially if they're not a philosophy major.

>you have to be pretty invested in left-wing politics to pretend to not have noticed.

I've noticed this a lot, we should give it a name: "false consoysness".

Plato's ideal society looked very much like fascism. It was a militaristic dictatorship ruled by philosophers.

>I'm not American and I don't really care what goes on in your universities. The article in question is about Cambridge.

Where the same thing is happening. Saying you don't care reveals your intentions. He's right. You are heavily invested in left wing politics. The original letter states that, "We believe that literature and the act of studying literature is not apolitical." So to say you don't care either means: you either ignore it ("I don't care"), make excuses for it, or amp up your own sides politics. Your intentions are probably one of the latter two.

good?

That's crazy, some old retard told me the exact same thing at a bookstore yesterday. He was wearing a UC Berkeley shirt; would that happen to be the university where you heard that?

Cambridge is run by people unironically called "dons" and inbreds who were given land for bonking someone else with a club in the 12th Century and held on to it since. It's not an American left wing university.

I had a friend who told me his prof claimed Cephalus was an arms dealer lol

So it's not outlandish that people not that educated would say it in conversation with friends wherein they don't have to censor themselves for fear of being wrong.