Ok, so have any of you ever read pic related?

Ok, so have any of you ever read pic related?

Just got done with it and I really thought it was very introspective. Really made me think wow.

it's great

This is totally bait, but still. Catcher in the Rye is a horribly overrated book and does a disservice to High School students. Get them to read something with more substance and poetry.

It's utter trash

Try with "Franny & Zooey", always Salinger

I'm a fan. It's not Salinger's best by a long shot but it's comfy to me.

>does a disservice to High School students
Toda's students will find that book too difficult and offensive.

I hope you're bullied at school every day.

post your feet bitch

To understand it you have to remember that it's written by a Jew. If not you will ascribe some gentile sensibility to it that it is just about teenage angst. When really, it's about the angst of a Jew who feels the pressure to conform to a gentile Wasp society that he instinctively feels is inferior to that of his own culture.It's basically another Jewish manifestation of ethnocentrism

I don't know if this is bait or if /pol/ is the intellectual equivalent of taking cyanide

It was perfect for edgy rebellious teenager me. Good read for other edgy rebellious teens.

Salinger wasn't Jewish. Your analysis would work for other Jewish authors though.

He was half Jewish and was brought up in the religion.
>Jerome David Salinger was born in New York City, on New Year's Day, 1919. His father, Sol Salinger, sold kosher cheese, and was from a Jewish family of Lithuanian descent,[9] his father having been the rabbi for the Adath Jeshurun congregation in Louisville, Kentucky.

>Salinger did not learn that his mother was not of Jewish ancestry until just after he celebrated his bar mitzvah

I totally doubt anyone on Veeky Forums, even Veeky Forums in general, has ever read that extremely obscure book, OP

I know you can shitpost better than that, user.
maybe practice a bit in a YouTuber thread and come back

ITT: Contrarianism to the absolute extreme

I'm literally a professional shitposter, getting $5 a shitpost.

>5 dollars for one shitpost on a low-traffic board
can I send you my resume? (((they))) are gonna be pissed when they hear what your employer is paying

Read it recently after hearing from a couple of people that they thought it was edgy shit
I liked it a lot and didn't really see anything edgy about it. It's more just depressing when you can clearly see that you're supposed to relate to Holden but not exactly like him
It doesn't really do much other than nail the feelings that many young teens, especially guys, go through

I read it a month ago, it got better after I started reading with Trump's voice in mind

/thread
litpol will love that book as it has christian horseshit in a tasteful manner