Has anyone here ACTUALLY read Zettels Traum (Bottom's Dream)? Is it worth reading...

Has anyone here ACTUALLY read Zettels Traum (Bottom's Dream)? Is it worth reading? I'm considering wishing it for christmas.

No and yes

No. Anyone who claims to is lying. You shouldn't bother.

no

I read the John E Woods translation cover to cover
took me three fucking months

yes it is, but only if you're very familiar with Freud, Poe, and Ulysses (stylistically its similar to FW but he makes frequent references to Ulysses)

Buy the german edition

Reading this made me realize post-modernism was a mistake.

>reading a stream of consciousness ergodic metanarrative about translation from English into German
>IN TRANSLATION

I'm German anyway otherwise i wouldnt consider buying it

it's a good book about literary degeneracy, but there are hundreds of other books with witty wordplay and trying to fuck the maid which won't bankrupt your parents.

But why? Other works by him are somewhat popular, particulary 'Nobodaddy's Children' (what a retarded title) - it's been translated into my language recently and sells pretty well, standing on shelves next to normie-tier foreign stuff like Purity, A Little Life, House of Leaves and so on.

Lies doch mal was seriöses anstatt dieses Wichsgekrakels.

Can't say I would recommend it. I spent a few months reading it and felt nothing but regret afterwards.

the end all, be all of meme books.

bump

It’s fucking incredible. You would be a fool not to buy it.

Ever read Berlin Alexanderplatz?

no you didnt. say something about it other than what's in the summary or that has been memed here if you want to prove that you did.

Parts of it in school. Why?

>if you want to prove that you did
Kek. How mentally ill do you have to be to care about "proving" something to Veeky Forums?

my man