Do you have any full sets Veeky Forums?

Do you have any full sets Veeky Forums?
>pic related
Took me a year to get them all from one charity shop - someone must have been donating them one at a time.

I actually wanted to order this set exactly, how is it?

How did it take you a year to get them? They aren't exactly a rare edition

>it took me a year to get a complete set of shitty mass market hardcovers

They're clearly paperbacks which makes it worse.

Op hasn't heard of eBay, where there is over 200 copies of that edition.

Yes, I meant paperbacks. Retardation slip.

> those disgusting crumpled ass spines

Making books cheap and accessible to poor people was a mistake

Can you read a fat paperback without making it look like that though?

No, that's why I'm hardcover master race

I have the Vintage Classics line of Dostoyevsky's Novels. I like them.
That is part of the appeal of Paperbacks, though. The book ages with you as you read it over and over.

>Silmarillion obviously unread

lmao. What's up with plebs and skipping his best book?

I have all the HP books but they are mixed hardback and paperback. And I have all the Series of Unfortunate Events

It's the ultimate pleb filter

>a book is obviously unread if it doesn't have creases in the spine
Sorry but not all of us autistically fold our book in half every time we turn a page.

It's abundantly clear for the lack of wear that OP hasn't read the Silmarillion and is hence a faggot since the Silmarillion should be read first.

>tol*ein

>rehash of nordic and anglo-saxon mythology dumbed down for genrefic tards
>muh maia muh vala muh iluvatar
>muh 10 thousand pointless elven names
literally kys

I have the collected works by Knut Hamsun and Jens Bjorneboe.

I have a complete hardcover set of Lord of the Rings in Hungarian
The paperback set of Romance of the Three Kingdoms
And both volumes of Journey to the West plus the book titled "What was left out of the Journey to the West"(pic related is the Chinese title, I don't know if it was ever released in English), which is a smaller volume another Chinese author wrote later as a sort of proto-fanfiction. These two were originally part of the same bundle but fags sell them separately.
I also have three volumes of Chinese ancient philosophy, you could consider that a series, since they only made these three volumes, but these are part of a larger series.
Most of the "series" of editions I have would be pretty hard to complete, since they printed a lot of them.

Guess you can also count the 5 volume set of the Evangelion manga, but that isn't really a book.

Got several Folio sets and a couple of complete oeuvres of Russians.

Why does Veeky Forums show such unfounded contempt for LoTR and its accompanying works? Is it simple envy due to your own "fantasy" not performing adequately? Or perhaps it is the the youthful "contrarian" mind set that plagues online folk, I can only imagine what goes through their mind:
> "It is well received in the main stream thus I do not like it! If I am caught with something a fraction if the population enjoys then I am ruined! I don't think to ignore such petty concern and simply choose not to consume what others do; For I lack independent thought, but am no less pretencious. Now what queer and unknown books do you guys have for me to like? What CAN I like?!"

Sad

I am reading the serious now and it is exactly as good as high fantasy written by a patrician linguist would be (fucking great).

>Veeky Forums show such unfounded contempt for LoTR
But literally nobody does except for newfriends still trying to fit in with le genre memery.

You mean his worse. It's not even finished. It is just a collection of ideas and half done short stories.

rate

Pic came out shitty, that’s Dionysius of halicarnassus back left, dio cassius left-center, plutarch’s moralia on the right half

Is this what starting with the Greeks looks like?

Fair enough oldfriend

No that's what autistically reading way too much of the Greeks looks like. Those are only like 25-30% of my Greek/Roman books.

I love how you people assume you would be the educated master race and not the majority destitute proletariat who can’t access books or other tools of learning.
Snark aside, creased spines are beautiful. It’s the sign of a well-read book. Books aren’t decorations, they’re meant to be opened and studied and interacted with.

Where did you buy these user?

Most of the big sets I pick up from a local used bookstore, pretty solid prices (I think $32 for the tragedy set, $18 for the gibbon, $24 for the roman drama) but I like to have my loebs new, that banged up Pliny being the exception, so I'll just pick those up a few at a time from amazon/BN.

Bad news OP. There's at least one other book in that set (Unfinished Tales, appropriately)

Pretty shitty, I got them when I was like 11 and they were pretty beat up when I got through with them.

Reading the silmarilion ruined middle earth a bit for me. I preferred it when everything was a mystery.

>buying books off the internet

you're missing the fun of the hunt user

Oddly I agree. Second hand book stores are the comfiest.