What's the longest book you've ever read? (pages)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

~1480

a little more than 900

1220, UK edition of Against the Day

That's quite relative, a pocket book will surely have more pages than a normal size version of that same book.

The longest I've read was a pocket book of Les Misérables with 1974 pages.

War and Peace probably

The Bible's a lot longer than War and Peace, right? If so, that, if not, the other.

I've read the bible if that counts, I know it's multiple books technically but I read it front to cover. Page-wise I think TBK wins but I just strates IJ so that should be the longest when I finish it.

Brothers Karamazov had a little under a thousand pages.

A little disappointed by that last number

Nope, not according to Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels

776 is not "a little under a thousand".

lmao

depends how big the text is

What translation did you read? The one I read has around 1090 pages.

I checked it just now and it was 985, I read the penguin version.

I am pretty sure the Bible wouldn't be listed as a novel

Well it's not a historical document nor a non-fiction book either, where should it be then?

It could be because mine is 9.2" vertically

religious text?

Which is, by definition, fiction.

1179 (A Storm of Swords)
I feel like a pleb desu. But great novels are rarely that long, it is genre fiction writers who usually bloat the books.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_novels
>>>novels

*tips*, also
>nor either

it's also not that long

>It's made up of multiple genres. It's history, law, myth, poetry (religious and love) and what not.
keeek nope, it's just a bunch of fictionary tales created to manipulate unneducated jewish agricultors.

88 ayy lmao

This or Against the Day, I don't know which one is longer

>1:1 The song of songs, which is Solomon's.
>1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.
>1:3 Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured forth, therefore do the virgins love thee.
>1:4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.
>1:5 I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
>1:6 Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
>1:7 Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?
>1:8 If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds' tents.
>1:9 I have compared thee, O my love, to a company of horses in Pharaoh's chariots.
>1:10 Thy cheeks are comely with rows of jewels, thy neck with chains of gold.
>1:11 We will make thee borders of gold with studs of silver.
>1:12 While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.
>1:13 A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.
>1:14 My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi.
>1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
>1:16 Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green.
>1:17 The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.

1Q84 with 1100

Waste of time

It's so shit it doesn't even rhyme, kek.

Why though? I have it here and was planning on reading it next year, is it that bad?

5 volumes edition of Herodotus' Histories, each volume being 400-500 pages long.

Wasn't it tiring? How long it took? Is it available for download?

Joseph and his Bros (1,8k pgs)

I read Atlas Shrugged, however many pages that is

@10296882
>It's so shit it doesn't even rhyme, kek
8/8

hmm currently im reading a 1045 pages book and its also my longest one yet since i didnt read more than 10 books in my whole life (ikr im a pleb)
i cant wait to finish it and post about it on Veeky Forums

@10296903
>DUDE THE BIBLE IS HISTORY LMAO
>DUDE IT HAS LAWS IN IT LMAO
>WE WUZ POETRYS N' SHIT

you're cute

srsly, go back to freaking reddit if you dont even know to reply to a comment

It had notes for every little detail, sometimes a page would be 2 lines of actual text with the rest being nothing but notes, sometimes it was pretty autistic when commenting on Herodotus' inaccuracies when measuring lenghts and so on but overall it was extremely informative. Kinda tiring sometimes but it's worth it. It took me like 2 months and I still feel like I wasn't able to take it all in so I'll be sure to revisit it. It's a spanish edition, translated by Gredos.

@10296928
You mean it doesn't contain laws? You mean that it doesn't have historically accurate sections and that it really was seen as history back in its age? You mean that it isn't poetry?
Go tip your fedora on reddit.

That's how you avoid giving (you)s to bait posters, you newfag. Using @ is a practice from forums, not reddit.

I see, well to be able to finish that much in only 2 months means that you were reading something like 50 pages per day, right? It would take me a long time since I only read about 20 pages per day.

Are the Gredos translations good?

It wasn't bad in the sense of a boring slog; the pacing felt nice, the characters were lovely and the references to Western culture didn't feel (too) forced. But in retrospect it honestly feels like nothing happened, there's nothing you can take from it. I don't want to spoil it here, but the whole main plot is exclusively for the sake of driving the characters forward. You could replace every mention of it with a line like "And because of , Tengo changed his mind and [...]" and the work would lose nothing of value.
In a way it's impressive how Murakami managed to keep it entertaining despite the close to utter lack of climaxes, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone just so they can marvel at his ability to move microplots around.

Either Moby-Dick or House of Leaves. Not sure which is longer.

Lol, I looked at the actual page count and the last number is 1488.

892, Don Quijote (with a foreword)

Gredos is god tier most of the time, that and Cátedra are what you should be trying to buy when reading the greeks.

The two longest books I've read are Don Quixote translated by Edith Grossman, and The Brothers Karamazov translated by Andrew R. MacAndrew.

TBK says 1045 pages, DQ was 940 pages. But page count doesn't mean much, word count is what's accurate.

A few thousand. It's never been about length of material but about quality contained between the covers.

Infinite jest. If I remember right it's about 1100 with pretty small font

The Millenium trilogy.

The count of Monte Cristo, around 1300 pages.

this

All the long 1000+ books I've read so far were shitty genre fiction though. The embarrassing stuff.

I know you're trying to be an edgy cunt but the Bible was one of the most accurate historical books we had for a long time. Even if you are an atheist shill, the majority of the happenings not involving miracles in the Bible actually happened.

>Implying the great flood is historically accurate
>implying the jews were enslaved by the egyptians
>implying a magical man freed everyone from the egyptians by sending frogs from the sky and killing innocent babies
>implying another magical man had unlimited strenght because of his hair
>implying the earth is 5000 years old
>implying there was a guy who lived for more than 900 years
>implying there was another magical man who came back from the dead

"Y-yeah, it's definitely h-history guys", kek

1,138- Steven king it

It's Stephen, not Steven, idiot.

He said not involving miracles, fucker. The books of Kings, Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, etc corroborate with the few existing other sources and archaeological evidence describing the Levant at that time

Is kekposting atheist a low-iq underage newfag?

Mine would probably be The Stand. I think I got the wrong version or something because a lot of it was irrelevant.

My copy of Atlas Shrugged was ~1100 pages. It was a small book with Bible-thin pages. Other than that, The Lord if the Rings or A Dance with Dragons.
>inb4 pleb

Bible with apocrypha
1746p

I don't know what's longer: Pillars of the Earth, Infinite Jest, Dom Quixote or Atlas Shrugged.

necronomicon 880 pages

the only book I've ever read is harry potter so probs around 1k

The Norton Anthology of Poetry

2256 pages

What're you doing here?

War and Peace, then Les Miserables.

1280 pages

Unabridged Don Quixote was like 1.2k pages, Modern Library edition

P R O U S T

994. The Wise Man's Fear.

Is this worth reading? It's been sitting in my bookshelf for over a year now, I'm afraid to start it.

kill yourself

The Dying Grass is like 1,350 pages, but Women and Men is definitely the longest I've read. The text is small and it's ~1200 pages.

>Is this worth reading?

I'd say it is, didn't even take me that long and never really felt like a chore. Not blown away by it though.

>They're too dumb to google it
Yep, sounds like you can read Rand.

1100 it was IT

DUDE
HITLER
LMAO

280 to 290

Honestly, I've propably read more text on Veeky Forums than any other medium in my life

It's like reading multiple people pretending to do streaming of consciousness

Arthur Waley Genji
>1184

1248 pages

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson

1738, I did it after eye surgery too, so I could only read with one eye

However long Les Miserables in english is

1600+
Unexpurgated 'Journey to the West' during my weeb phase

In Search of Lost Time if you count it as one book.
Probably Les Miserables otherwise.