Why is learning a language so hard?????

>not being a romance language user so you can learn 3+ languages in less than two years with no effort

Babies learn languages it's not that hard.

learning the mechanics of the language is not very hard, it's remembering all the words for specific objects/places/emotions etc. etc.

Language itself is already the product of the babel hellmouth of evolution, and then it's further affected by region and culture. You have to learn to make easily sounds that you may never have used in your native language likewise.

It's really hard, but it's worth it. It takes, like, 9 years or something according to my Spanish teacher to be proficient, but I'm really happy I chose to learn it.

You can do it, user. I believe in you, just fear no failure!

Because you're going about it the wrong way. You weren't born with the ability to speak English so you're capable of learning a language. Consider how you did it the first time. You start by learning sounds or phonemes, then you start learning individual words and eventually once you have enough vocabulary to draw from you can start putting sentences together.

Think about about how your parents taught you the English language. They would point to objects and say the word over and over again and eventually you memorized them. Its doesn't get any more simple than that.

>learnong the mechanics of the language is not very hard
The hardest part of learning english is trying to understand why the pronunciations are so fucked
The hardest part of learning french is all the different forms of conjugation and why they're so inconsistent
etc...

It really isn't that hard. It does require a large amount of effort, but anyone who can speak their mother tongue can learn almost any language. Besides, it is a fun and enriching experience.

Because you’re not using it in your life - it’s just a supplement.

this desu, learned french, italian and english without effort.

You rotted your brain with 12+ hours per day of shitposting and memes so now your brain is literally malfunctioning. I have the same problem.

I feel very lucky to have been born a portuguese speaker, I never even studied spanish serious, but after reading some philosophy books in soanish, I'm already quite comfortable with it, and it took me less than a year to become fluent in italian and french, now I'm learning latin which will probably take me a very short time.

>less than a year to become fluent in italian and french
fluent by what standards?

This desu
Spanish was a breeze. Now I plan on learning French and Portomeme

daily practice is your best friend. also you have to challenge yourself to think and write in the language, otherwise you'll just be parroting stock phrases.
understand that there is a real difference between reading a language and speaking it and that true fluency may take many years.
you can try programs like pimsleur or websites like duolingo, which are far better for learning to speak a language than working out of books.

>trying to learn russian

>duolingo, which are far better for learning to speak a language than working out of books.
lmfao

I know yer memeing, but language acquisition is a very small window. I wish my parents had brought me up multilingual.

>trying to learn Coptic

1. drill grammar
2. read
3. read
4. read
etc, until proficiency is achieved

>Romance languages have any worth
My sides. PRC is going to be the Number One Superpower 2020.

hell, whatever works

Meant sì

They cant even make buildings that stay up lol

duolingo doesn't, it's a phrasebook approach to learning languages

HONestly this. It’s disheartening once you plateau and stop making significant progress, but there’s motivation in knowing how easy it can be for you. Read, read, read.

More efficient guilo.

Sorry, not really fluent, especially in french, but I can read any books easily on those languages, and that's good enough for me.

Speaking french is actually really hard and I believe my pronunciation is not that good. I have some confidence in my italian though, but I never spoke it with anyone.

it has the benefit, alongside pimsleur and others, of familiarizing you with the sentence structure and a good chunk of basic vocabulary without demanding too much in the way of continuous conscious effort. We actually absorb these things better this way, which is we immersion learning works so well.
of course it has its limits, but these things should be approached as tools. after finishing a duolingo course you'll have around 1500 of the most common words on recall. no small thing for a hour or so a day for a few months.

It's hard because you have to think in the other language as well.

Learning Spanish in college now. I took it in high school but I didn't retain anything and I was in high school 6+ years ago. Using duolingo on top of going to class is helping but doulingo alone wouldn't be enough.

this is what fluency is. being able to think in that language alone. although im not a native eng speaker I can think in english (aka interior monologues) all day long like it is my first language. Havent reach that fluency in italian yet, but hopefully in 1~3 months it will happen

It's not that hard.

For one, you know all those rules they try to teach you before the lessons? Fuck those, ignore them, just do the lessons and learn by trial and error. That's how you learned your first language. The rules to a language are way more complex and fucked up than the language itself, that's why most people who speak the language don't even know the actual rules, they just speak it instinctively. You just have to get to the point where the language is in your head, and you have a feeling for it, without explaining why or how you know anything about it. Kind of like if somebody said, "I gone to the store," everybody knows that's wrong...but nobody could cite which rule it violates, or fucking WHY it's wrong, they just know it is because of their instinctual knowledge of it.

Is it?
t. only knows spanish, english, and my native language

because you aren't a plastic brained baby anymore and you probably aren't 24/7 immersed in the language you are trying to learn

>tfw I have a gift for learning languages.

I started learning Russian at age 16, after 3 years I'd reached a high degree of fluency to the point that people were in shock I'd learnt it so well. Two years later and Russians tell me all the time I speak with no accent and they think I'm a native Russian speaker, they don't believe I'm from England until I prove it by showing them my passport.

I started learning Mandarin a year ago, I can already understand Chinese cartoons with ease and I can read/write pretty well too, although I'm terrible with pronunciation purely because of the tones.

COOL BLOG POST DUDE, WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR REWARD POINTS IN UPVOTES, DOPAMINE, OR SOME OTHER CURRENCY?

Honestly I learn just by reasig Wikipedia in other languages and looking up words I don’t know . I hate starting off with grammar rules, it doesn’t help, I get a much better grasp if I just read

Whats the best way to learn a language guys?
Duolingo fucking sucks desu, desu.

it doesnt suck from the moment you stop having a 10yold mentality. duolingo is great introduction to the basics of the language and a decent vocabulary enrichent tool, but it is not NEARLY enough. There is not 1 source you can rely 100% on, if you want to learn a language use all the tools you have at hand.
>duolingo
>wiki pages on different languages
>news articles in different languages
>videos of basic/slow conversations in lots of languages
>podcasts specifically for learners of the language
>online foruns in different languages
>keeping a journal in a different language
>songs
>movies
>games

seriously, nowadays, you "can't" learn a language ONLY if you are a monkey or a lazy faggot

>tfw learned japanese in 3 weeks

duolingo is good as a suppliment.

Michel Tomas is very good as an into.

Beyond that you should actually use the language.

You dont need to learn a language

Everything worth reading is translated to english

Everyone worth talking to speaks english

Use google translate for the rest

Because God didn't want the tower built

Ever heard of neural plasticity? Yeah, you've got almost none left as an adult.

Pirate Pimsleur. Or pay for it idc. It is good though.
Rosetta Stone has you saying shit like: "DOg LiKes tHe baLL!" for weeks.
Pimsleur teaches you the "Is this shop open?" "When does it open?" "How much does it cost?" "Which gate for flight XXX?" Type of stuff.
Can't recommend it highly enough.

Oh. Hard? Yee... nope. I learned all languages without effort.

these posts really makes me wonder if the posters are legit retard anglos, anglos trying to bait or niggers trying to make anglos look bad because americans cant be this much stupid

>…in Japanese prison camp

The pronounciation isnt fucked, the writing is fucked. Also, the writing isnt really even fucked.

Because you're over the age of fifteen. If you can get your hands on some epilepsy meds they MIGHT help.

is it true that if one learns N languages really well before the age of 8 they basically can speak those N languages without any accent (aka like a native)? heard this somewhere sometime ago

>read
red
reed
English is the only language I know of that does this
You think it isn't fucked because you learnt it this way, but there's no reason for one word to have more than one pronunciation