Id rather live in the Russian serf system than this industrialized irony laden capitalistic machine...

Id rather live in the Russian serf system than this industrialized irony laden capitalistic machine, which serves as a venom flowing in the veins of artistry. Does the tradition of art stand to be carried through the fog of this time, or are we in need of a step back, a new look at the form of relation we have with existence. Sometimes I think that the worst disaster imaginable would in turn end as the best.

me too

were there NEET serfs?

are you fucking retarded? have you ever met an actual farm laborer?

why am I asking, the answer is obviously no

The food part is objectively true.
t. mom and dad grew up in a poor farming house and they make me exquisite olive oil and teach me how to make traditional food.
Calm down crabbit, it's just a meme.

Soyboi is afraid of a little labour

>industrialized irony laden capitalistic machine

Calling it "capitalistic" isn't really fair considering its global scope. It's more like a form of capitalism intermingled with communism. It's the ultimate combination of these two materialist philosophies.

soyboi thinks jacking off and playing vidya all day is better than work, prayer and family
is it though

If he hasn't I'll speak for the farm laborers. It's fantastic. I worked on a farm for a year in exchange for room and board. The work wasn't easy but it was the happiest year of my life. Sadly the family that owned the farm for generations were forced to sell the place thanks to giant agrobusiness corporation in town.

In the book there is one who didn't work, instead wandered around going to random people's houses to drink and laugh. His master knew of this but allowed it, I suppose because he provided value to the community through misc. labor. Catching nightingales picking flowers to use in medicine, and giving them to other serfs for free. Closest I think it gets to NEETdom for serfs. The beauty is that there would be no need to be a NEET as society would be such that you wouldn't be in a position where being NEET would be alluring.

btw. russian serfdom was THE worst and most abusive "feudal" system that existed
and it's still preferrable to this modernist horror we live in

No you wouldn't. You'd be illiterate, dissatisfied, and short-lived. You may be content with this if you were born into it or viewing it through some ideal / grass is greener on the other side (assuming you are able to indoctrinate yourself into that view sufficiently, to not instantly lose it), thing. But not otherwise.

you clearly have no idea what's traditional rural life like and base it on enightenment propaganda

And you do because you read novels by noblitity who have no interest at all in maintaing the social order?

>turgenev
>Gogol
>interest in maintaining social order
Im not the user you are replying to, and I would hardly classify these as accurate historical texts, but they certainly share some insight. Turgenev specifically gives an honest and bleak view, while condemning nothing. Truly the great Russian realist. Tolstoy btfo

We live in modern feudalism, dude. Might want to look into why Tolstoy was so into Henry George vs every other reformer.

any era without toilet paper can suck my dick desu

can you explain more

>he doesn't use a bidet

Americans are filthy.

I suggest you read some of his books, op

Try laboring in 2000 acres of rice and see how fantastic it is.

>2000 acres
No way in hell could person ever work this much land before mechanization.

Not speaking for Russian serfs, obviously. But rice fields still require a lot of manual labor even today. You have to manage levees after you've planted, which means wading through knee deep water with 50 pounds of soil on your shoulder with a shovel for 12 hours a day. Oh, and watch out for the snakes. Not just any snakes - water moccasins.

Wut. Do you know what an acre is, retard? Average modern US farm is about 400 acres. Russian serfs had about 10 acres of land on average.

I know more about acreage and farming than likely anyone else on this board. Again, not speaking for russian serfs.

Kek. It sure seems like you do when you spout retardation like single laborer taking care of 2000 acres of land.

I obviously didn't mean that a single worker "takes care" of 2000 acres himself. But, a single field can be a few hundred acres by itself, and I've busted levees several times by myself. Modern plantations hire a lot less laborers than you would think.

You should probably read some of those Russian writers describing the serfs' life.

>information technology erodes religion

Why do atheists spout this shit? Are they unaware that websites besides Redit exist?

>why do atheists spout irrefutable facts that damage my hick worldview?
Because we're smarter and better educated than you, retard?

is there anything more sad than the resentment of somebody who cannot survive in a meritocracy?

Came to post this. Google "semiocapitalism"

Good, you're starting to understand. Collective household and communal work without an option to drop out were essential to have food for the whole year and pay taxes, and conservative farming models left no space for experimentation (that could result in famine due to the lack of safe reserves).

>he thinks hunks we are living in a meritocracy

Nothing's stopping you from going off and starting a community of people with the express purpose of living shitty lives because you're so pathetically resentful of other people's success that you'd just rather abolish all forms of success rather than see anyone but yourself succeed.

The reason you don't do that is because you implicitly understand that it's fucking retarded.

But I'm afraid that doesn't exempt you from being retarded.

My grandparents grew up in this "traditional rural paradise" that you're so naively infatuated with. You're so absolutely stupid that there's no point even arguing with. It's so painfully obvious to anyone with any knowledge of this matter that you literally have no idea what you're talking about, you're just an ignorant angry little kid who thinks that outrage is a moral virtue

>not living in a pre-Christian Russian village where bears and wolves eating your children eating your children is a regular occurance and you depend on the whims of winds and rain and heat to make it through the winter all the while scribbling dicks on pieces of dry wood

> success
A very American word.

Burgers don't even notice it's just one of the many words.

> bears and wolves eating your children eating your children
That's how we know everyone was very very hungry at the time.

t. historian

Im Op
I have straight A's majoring in neuroscience and am in the top 10 sales reps in my district. This has nothing to do with success as I am a beacon of just that. I am purely referring to the effect this system and era have on the collective contemporary art-sphere. I place art above any of your notions of "success".

>picking strawberries for less than minimum wage on a modern megafarm is the same as cultivating a few acres of your own property alongside your family and perhaps a hired hand or two
wagecucks lmao am i right?

>you're just an ignorant angry little kid who thinks that outrage is a moral virtue
this is one of the lease self-aware posts ive ever seen

>you're just an ignorant angry little kid who thinks that outrage is a moral virtue
this is one of the least self-aware posts ive ever seen