Top 100 books

>top 100 books
>only german author is Hesse (and Kafka who wasn't german though)

Wtf

But that's good, though? The G*rman ""race"" shouldn't be applauded, ever.

>race of barely literate, war-loving barbarians who ironically are terrible at warfare is bad at writing
quelle surprise

Are you trolling or an american?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German-language_authors

When is this years list going to be voted on?

Stop posting this chart you fucking idiot is this intentional sabotage with FUCKING CAMUS AND DFW at the top

a few years ago i saw a thread that asked you to name 3 favorite books not on the list (there was some hard mode condition, but i can’t recall). i came up with a few, but seriously thought it was a little challenging.

the very idea is totally preposterous now. lists upon lists of phenomenal works that won’t ever make that list.

moral: keep reading, user. not only will you soon surpass that list, you’ll soon see how plebeian (and christ do I hate the word “pleb) it really is.

Anglo cuck top list obviously. German litt and French litt are superior

>Nietzsche
Goethe, fucking GOETHE
Are you serious bruh

I think it's quite arrogant to think that there aren't at least a handful of fantastic books on that list. I understand the mentality of reading more books is always a good thing, but that also doesn't make your opinion gospel.

i'm starting Infinite Jest tomorrow, what am i in for, reddit?
oops, i mean Veeky Forums

but The Magic Mountain is my favourite book

>Book about child rape in Veeky Forumss top 5
>Most selling non-religious book of the past 100 years not in Veeky Forumss top 100

Who do you think you're fooling kid?

>Only German author is Hesse
How is that relevant? Good books are good for their content, not from where they came from

>salty brown boy

>Pynchon
>Top anything

The vast majority of those authors who are of any value whatsoever are German Jews, who the German "people" have forfeited any claim to for obvious reasons.

BTFO by the kikes. Nice.

is anyone gonna organize a voting for 2017? I'm sick of seeing that fake ass chart all the time.

What's the fucking point? They're almost always the same with a few exceptions.

I like seeing how they evolve

Wasn't 2017 already made? I know it's bullshit, but at this point it's best to replace it it the old fashioned way with a 2018 chart.

Well there's no BotNS on it so it's fake.

>German lit

Who?

americans always skew these polls because of their super sheltered ultra-pleb world.

What is it with Do Androids Dream of Sleep? Blade Runner was great sure but the book is a completely different thing altogether.
This single handedly proves the amateur reading level of the people creating the list as people generally read it because they liked Blade Runner and haven't forayed into sci fi yet.
Certainly not top 100 on a GOAT list.

>The Divine Comedy

>taking any list that includes harry potter seriously

It's a good book Jimmy, just get the fuck over it.

What if it was a list of worst books ever?

Atlas Shrugged and Harry Potter always get in as a joke.