Who is best girl in the classics canon?

Choices might include the likes of Penelope, Dido, Cersi, Calypso, Nausicaa, Camilla, Athena, Aphrodite...etc. Bonus points for including quotations that reinforce your claim.

Faithful Penelope

"Think of the crimson glow on the clouds when struck by the rays / of the setting sun; or think of the rosy-fingered dawn / such was the blush on the face of Diana observed quite naked." (Ovid "Metamorphoses", 3.180-85)

It's just like my chinese cartoons.

>D-don't peak at me baka, or I'll change you into a stag.

Diana tomboy tsundere best girl.

I'll go with Dido. Pretty badass backstory for a mortal refugee to found the colony that would come to be Rome's biggest rival and the home of one of the greatest generals of all time. The inverted gender roles between her and Aeneas are very interesting too, particularly for the time.

Juliet

Electra
Can't be bothered getting quotations but I wish she stabbed clytemnestra herself.

Calypso tbqhwymf

Kitty Scherbatskaya

Sonya Marmeladov

I definitely would have had a hard time leaving Calypso's paradisical island. Not to mention she's crazy hot and would turn me into a god.

This, though it is a shame she was wed to the "master of crime"

Is it fair to allow us to pick from both goddesses and normal women at the same time?

Pygmalion's statue

Cassandra
because she's the only one that doesn't believe that horse bullshit. mad lady with an axe and fire in quintus' posthomerica is my particular favourite but even just appollodorus has her saying it's clearly a trap let's burn it.
>tfw no qt with prophecy to rape and make more awesome

Lysistrata, just to trigger the patriarchy

>Nausicaa
Fuck off with your weeb shit there will never be manga in the canon

OP are you forgetting the last time a mortal had to choose which goddess was "best girl"?

*Erisian snickering*

Mary

>tfw just started watching anime and reading the greeks

Chose wrong, you mean.

Artemis imo famalam

qt 14 yr old Capulet grl

This is just bad bait right?

Cheeky Eris best girl

I want a batshit crazy Circe gf

No, it’s a funny post. A joke if you will.

Elaine of Astolat

anyone got iphigenia and achilles fanfics?

an unfortunate woman
dorian gray

Psyche

Diotima

Isn't she supposed to be pretty and not look like she has Down's?

Juliet or Tereza from Unbearable Lightness of Being

This is the honest answer for everyone that browses this board

This. Literally an ideal waifu.

Seconded.

bump

Outwit a god
Walk into your death
The greatest of teases

Penelope, easy. Athena after that.

Sappho if she has to be real.

saint teresa of avilon

"I saw in his hand a long spear of gold, and at the point there seemed to be a little fire. He appeared to me to be thrusting it at times into my heart, and to pierce my very entrails; when he drew it out, he seemed to draw them out also, and to leave me all on fire with a great love of God. The pain was so great, that it made me moan; and yet so surpassing was the sweetness of this excessive pain, that I could not wish to be rid of it..."

>tfw you will never get fucked in the heart by God

Sue Bridehead. I'd do anything for my own Sue.

Athena forever. Keep your pants on, user- i.e. your mind on the game.

voting athena for now