Can you make desserts like cake and pie with Stevia instead of sugar...

Can you make desserts like cake and pie with Stevia instead of sugar? Would it screw up the consistency or give it an off-white? It would save a ton of calories, but I don't want to bother if it's going to taste bad.

Attached: White-Sugar-vs-Stevia-2.png (900x600, 350K)

Help me plz, want to eat my sweets but am on a sugar-free diet.

you can't use stevia 1:1. what do you want to make, OP?

I know for sweet n low, the box says you should only replace half of the sugar with sweet n low for proper baking. No idea about stevia.

Sugar
>fine because I eat like 10grams a day
Stevia
>costs way more
>gives me horrible brain fog like xanax
>cant remember anything I do all day if I eat stevia

wow tough call

Stevia: obvious, disgusting sweetener after taste

>zero calories
>steady energy

Attached: 23F760F975434D86BB6AA2935059D4B91056000000E50117E81A_tmp.jpg (800x800, 62K)

>zero calories
>steady energy
you lost me

unless you're talking about steady energy from the rest of the food you eat along with it

Start eating lots of fats instead and you'll start craving that. Thinking about bread dipped in olive oil has completely taken the place of sweets cravings

if you hold bread in your mouth for a minute or two and let it mix with saliva it'll start tasting sweet. same with potatoes.

Doubt it, it's 100% whole wheat sourdough bread I made myself. It's got carbs, sure, but they're VERY slow carbs.

try it m8. enzymes in salivary (amylase) break the bread and potatoes down into sugars. I wasnt trying to bring down your diet or anything but just wanted to bring up an interesting factoid

the effect is stronger in potatoes but you cant taste it in bread. I also wasn't able to notice it until I started eating less sugar

you can taste it in bread, I mean

I like Erythriol+stevia mix.

They synergize well for taste and the Erythriol has sugar like properties as far as structure is concerned.

Don't try to settle, cut cake and pie out of your diet altogether

>sugar
Tastes good
>stevia
Tastes like fucking garbage
Case closed

Attached: 1428207633947.jpg (468x335, 24K)

I tried putting stevia in my coffee recently and it tasted like shit and completely artificial. You just can't beat the real thing.

Why do you put sugar in your coffee?

Attached: 1500162935498.png (469x411, 336K)

not him but shit coffee needs sugar. I didnt discover this fact until I had coffee beans that werent burned to coal before brewing. Most people dont care enough about coffee to realize darker isnt better

>I don't want to bother if it's going to taste bad
Not gonna make it.

Pro tip: Try adding fat instead of sugar. The bulletproof coffee is real.
I prefer coconut oil but any fat would work.

I may try it but ive already given up on keto. Sugar tastes too good so instead im just exercising. Not that that's going well either but im making more progress doing jumping jacks than trying not to eat too much fruit in a day

Good stuff, man. Every bit of exercise helps. Even finding the furthest car park at the store instead of the closest. It all adds up.