I started with the Greeks, now what? Where do I go from here?

I started with the Greeks, now what? Where do I go from here?

Other urls found in this thread:

sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You didn't start it, otherwise you'd have read some 'History of Philosophy', preferably Copleston's one and it would guide you to thr next part.

Time for Harry Potter

Become homosexual to fully immerse yourself.

Idk man, maybe to somewhere after Greece?

resume with the romans

The Germans

Wherever you want, but you'll be back

bump coz I dunno what to do either

sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
You're welcome

I highly doubt you actually did properly start with the Greeks, since then you wouldn't be asking this question.

What the actual? I just started with the Greeks about 4 months ago and I already have a backlog of about 100 Greek philosophical texts/plays/poems/historical books, 30 or so Roman texts of those categories (just nearing the 300s BC, Romans are starting to knock on the door), and dozens more secondary sources that I want to read. I still have the feeling that consuming 3 hours of Greek stuff gives me 10 more.
Explain the way you went about starting with the Greeks, and why you did not get any inspiration to branch out to other stuff to read in all that time.

What they mean is that they read the ones on the meme chart.

The Bible

Resume with the Romans.
Lots of charts and interesting stuff going on in this thread.

Ok I'll bite, and explain why I think that you have to be completely braindead to not be inspired further by this chart. Imagine you are reading the Oedipus plays, and you think: hey this Greek theater stuff is kinda interesting, let's find out what more is out there. Wow there are supposed to be three major Greek tragedians? The first one is Aeschylus and he wrote about Agamemnon? I remember that dude from the Iliad. Quite a basic thought to have, and there you already give yourself 3 more plays to study (talking about the Oresteia). Then you go to the last tragedian --> Euripedes, and read his Medea and Bacchae. Let's say you get interested in Medea (who doesn't love a child murderer). From there on out you could even end up with the Romans, because you end up reading Apollonius' Jason and the Argonauts. But what if you are more into comedy? You've read Aristophanes' The Clouds? Now you have an interesting intro into sophistry, and/or can start studying about Socrates. If it wasn't midnight around here I would keep on typing, but you get the point. Those persons should teach themselves some evaluating skills and should think about what they read, that way they will easily find out what else there is.

tl;dr. no reason to do all that thinking when you can just read the books on the second meme chart that aren't on the first meme chart

Ah yeah let's not learn to think for ourselves. I sure hope that anons keep creating meme charts, otherwise I won't have anything left to read in a while!

it's not a problem. this is one of my favorites... enjoy my friend..

> starts with the greeks

it's just a meme, silly

finish what you start wittgenstein

Medieval, Augustine and Aquinas

I read the Greeks*

read whatever you want to learn more about.

You move on to the only other man in philosophy to properly follow up on them.