Writer /b/ros

Writer /b/ros,
What is your day job while you write?

Where did you get this image?
I know where it is.

It’s from my phone. I took it

Kentuckians are overepresented on Veeky Forums. Why? Because Kentucky is the most literary state

You died a long time ago

Nyet comrade. Very much alive, we are.

More like because there's nothing to do in the Midwest other than to abuse drugs or write

Gaskun took it and it's saved on his devices as image.jpg and IMG_2223.jpg, not 72273E17-F40F-4389-8927-1570C6B00C0E or FB2F08B1-4AAE-40E3-9EC2-1C7F678AC9FD.
You're someone else.

How’s that?

I work for the government as an IT Consultant

>kentucky
>midwest

delet

I'm right above you in flyover Indiana and there's basically no difference if you cross the state boundary

Innit great?

I work the front desk at a hotel, which is pretty nice considering the amount of downtime lets me get paid to read.

Kentucky is the weird liminal state between the midwest and Appalachia
probably helps contribute to the angst

Bourbon helps

That job seems so ascetic
Customer only once in a long while, tiny hut with a chair, just read all day...

I nearly got a job as a bridge operator. You know the guy who just sits in a booth all day until a tall enough boat comes along and has to raise the road-bridge. That would've been a choice-as-fuck job. People who get bored at jobs when they have "nothing to do" would not be bored if they enjoyed reading. I would kill to be able to read all day at a job. I gotta keep looking around.

I currently work as a dishwasher so I get to listen to audiobooks but its hard to pay attention to them sometimes when its busy and you got a lot of shit to clean, not conducive to retention.

Goodnight sweet gaskun.

Anyone remember the Veeky Forums lit tinychat?

yeah

good times

there was a guy who was good on the saxaphone

Bookkeeper.

It sucks ass.

It's not enough mental energy to be considered a challenge, but it's JUST enough mental energy to leave you drained at the end of the day. Micromanaging bosses and coworkers don't help.

I need to get out really soon. Fuck, even a stocker at Costco's would be awesome. Physical movement gets my brain going.

It'd be my dream job to work as a security guard and be allowed to read. Nocturnal literature lifestyle. Hell yes, I'd get so much reading in.

I write for a living. I'm a reporter.

>Book written for 12 year olds. Repetitive, over the top, predictable, and the hero wins all (even the holographic girl (?)) - except where intelligence is necessary. How can you come up with the idea of an IPO and then not read the details? Confidence is fine but in this case, it is stupidity. At the end I only read every second page, just to finish it. I believe that one should show respect for the effort to write a book but not every time it is worthwhile to spend the time reading it.

“And the hero wins all, even the girl”
He obviously didn’t read it.

i'm a writer
i'm doing my job while i write

I guess you didn't read the post.
>At the end I only read every second page, just to finish it. I believe that one should show respect for the effort to write a book but not every time it is worthwhile to spend the time reading it.

>writes 2 star review saying he didn’t like how it ends
>States things that give away he didn’t read the end.

Not everyone is going to like it but don’t torpedo the writer over some shit you didn’t read.

I’m beta reading the series and I’m on book 9 now. The first one has a ton of shit in it that lay seeds for the rest. If he didn’t read through that’s on him.

>I’m beta

Bump

>beta reading
>book 9

you might want to reconsider your life

I don't write. I'm an indie game dev but also a lifetime reader. I read whenever I need a break from the monitor and every morning when I wake up and every night before bed

Good for you, man!

>AAA Roadside
It's the dumping ground for all the alt/quirky kids and the outcasts even the outcasts wouldn't hang with in school. You're taught from the bottom up to espouse and bleed empathy, but not to actually feel anything for the people whose lives get fucked up and call in for help.

>Someone lost their son on the highway and need a tow because insurance is gay? Too fucking bad, membership expired 15 days ago.

Between calls I read everything and anything. Could be self-help, music theory, philosophy one day and javascript, linguistics, mythology the next. Everyone around here says writing and digital painting and music are dead-end as fuck and the only option is to suck it up and be a middle management wagecuck.

I fucking refuse. Climbing some cliché metaphor ladder isn't going to do anything for me except put a bullet in my brain. And probably several coworkers'. At least if I fail doing the things I give a damn about, I can say I lived. Fuck being one of those poor, despondent bastards who becomes a cynical cunt and derides everyone below them because they don't like where their life is.

>Saving all the cash I can to start my own business. When I hit >350k in profits, I'm dropping that shit and going full-on into writing/music/digital.

Skeltal's luck to everyone who's actually putting a pen to paper on this board.

Godspeed good user. Some of us are bound to make it.

Software engineer and occasional technical writer when I need to write customer-facing documentation.

>full time student at Cleveland State
>perform in shows produced by the theater department
>pick up a few hours at the local arcade each week

I literally work breaking rocks (and sometimes driving machines) in a quarry. Break the body that the mind may escape its prison and work wonders upon the Earth.

This is what a pseud looks like.

>pseud
So you replied just to read your own response?

I like this guy

UK security guard here, if you can find the right place it's a dream, unfortunately most of the places hiring are contractors for door security in nightclubs/pubs, so you barely get any time alone. I've had warehouse/parking security jobs pop up on my radar only to be filled immediately or pass me up. Once I get that golden ticket though I'll be set.

A foodlion employee
Kill me

I rappel into sewers to monitor the flow of shitwater for cities.
Then write in the truck on my downtime.

student, obviously

Obviously

>being this obsessed with how you're perceived