Reading in public

>reading in public

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QWaWsgBbFsA
instagram.com/hotdudesreading/?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>reading
Lmao just read a summary and watch tv/movies, there's literally no reason to read in 2k17 except to be a snobbish """intellectual"""

Unironically this

Is there anything more pretentious, more attention-seeking?

Larping as an "intellectual" feels pretty good though.

I bet not as good as pounding puss

I love reading in public--especially at the library or in a comfy cafe.

Why should I hide to enjoy a book ?
I'm not ashamed of my hobby.
Are you that insecure ?

t. Nu-male

The only time I read in public is if I'm on a half-empty to empty bus.

I like jacking off too but I'm not going to disturb others in public doing it. Show some respect, no one wants to see whats going on in your head its disgusting

Using the word pretentious.

If only hunger could be sated by simply rubbing one's stomach

Disturb ? can't you just read quietly on a train seat or a public bench on a park ? Do you have to read your sentences out loud or tell everyone around you the title of your book to be able to read ?

> can't you just read quietly on a train seat or a public bench on a park ?

I can say the same about jacking off. Its an obscene sight either way. I just want to get home from work in peace, I don't want to have to be reminded I'm surrounded by assholes with their schemes reading about sticking fingers in holes or whatever. Reading is a very perverse thing and should be kept to yourself

bona fide autism

please don't meme me into not reading anymore

Try work construction and take out a book during break and see how you're treated.
The only autistic thing is not seeing just how much it spoils the peace of any regular person

what about ereaders, constructionposter?

Much better because people aren't exposed to garish covers. But the patrician option is reading on your smartphone and make everyone think you're just texting

leave fucking normie shitter

I printed a Cosmopolitan cover and use it on every book I read in public.

Nah, you'll look autistic being on your phone while alone all the time. Why can't you just socialize with others?

No camoflauge is perfect

>Cosmopolitan cover
This is a good idea

Kek I do work construction and do that, stop working with spics

What the fuck

He's right. Are you that autistic that you don't feel instinctual revulsion at the sight of other people reading? The inherent smugness and elitism of literacy is anti-egalitarian at the very least. Reading is a vulgar habit best confined to the home.

The Chad public reader

The virgin audio book
>doesn't like to react even if he really enjoys the book

>reads every word out loud
>people get high off the sound of his voice

I get on the bus specifically so I can read Finnegans Wake out loud.

>Sunny day
>Not reading at a park

Still better than having conversations in public. I didn't believe that was actually a thing until I saw it happen in a restaurant the other day. A young couple, drinking coffee, blabbering away in broad daylight. Needless to say, I sternly reprimanded them.

>Are you that autistic that you don't feel instinctual revulsion at the sight of other people reading?
no
You need to unlearn this retarded pavlovian reaction. Your idea of reading as something exclusively for the upper classes is stupid, especially in 2017 when access to information is easier than it has ever been. I'm the son of a farmer and I read on the train all the time, for instance. A democratic society should encourage its citizens to read, not see it as a "pretentious" activity. I think you might be projecting your own relationship to literature, that is something to use as a means to a higher (imagined or not) social status, onto people who geniunely want to learn.

Bullshit, reading is even worse than that. Its the domain of subversives, degenerates and egoists. The ideal democratic society is one where everyone is illiterate

>The ideal democratic society is one where everyone is illiterate
That's certainly true.

you have to pound boipuss to be an intellectual

I often read on a campus and feel good about it because I like reading and getting out of the house. I also feel bad because nobody else reads (literally seen about 3 people doing it in 2 months). I've hypothesised that students are boring not because they don't read in public but because they have no interests. Try talking to them to confirm if you're curious. Were they always this boring? Phones. Phones. Everywhere. I'm an old man, I think.

Yet another stupid disruption thread that isn't even good enough to be labeled trolling. What's the point of this garbage? There seems to be a constant flow of it lately. Did a sewer main break?

Oy vey the soyim know

So you're one of the turds, then?

Yes I'm a redpilled white male, do you have a problem with that?

is reading in public that bad ? i see plenty people reading books in public transports but idk France might b different

>the most pretentious faggoty place on Earth might be different

>the most pretentious faggoty place on Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=QWaWsgBbFsA

Why didn't any of the white people just shoot them?

>I was getting baited all along
fuck me

I was surprised you didn't realise it at "the inherent smugness and elitism of literacy" tbqh.

But then again I'm sure that there are people who do sincerely believe that, so maybe it's not as obvious bait as I thought.

>tfw some twin will never secretly take a pic of you on the train reading Hegel.

instagram.com/hotdudesreading/?hl=en

>instagram.com/hotdudesreading/?hl=en
30$ this page is ran by a faggot or a narcissistic piece of shit

I bet the retards sending the photos complain about women being objectified.

You can check the profiles of the comments. They're always ugly school-marm aging roasties who are clearly just fantacizing that Chad will give a shit what young adult novel they're reading

btfo

isnt this sexual harassment? taking pics and posting them without permission with sexual context? if it were done to womyn they'd be SEETHING.

reading on the subway is sublime. also reading in Central Park. also going to restaurants by yourself late at night and sitting at the bar reading until your food comes

also literally no one cares if you read so even if it were attention-seeking behavior it'd be fruitless

What did you think people did before electronics existed, junior?

I could never do this. You have to be able to hear the nigger walking up behind you about to knock you out.

>expecting women to care about double standards when it suits them

I didn't know there were kike shills on Veeky Forums.

You really havne't been here long then

Just yesterday in fact.

wrong real intellectuals get THEY ARE boipuss pounded

>Being in public

post your feet

god damn right wingers are so fucking pathetically stupid and insecure

your bait is terrible but take these (You)s for offending so many retards

I always read on the train. I was reading the brothers karamazov and this older guy struck up a conversation with me. Didn't really get to discuss the book though since he read it like over 10 years ago and didn't remember much of it. Now that I think of it it was actually kind of depressing; when I asked him what other books he read he told me he was too busy with his job and only skimmed magazines. Bleak future.
I was also reading a book this other time and this old black dude started talking to me because I was reading a book on the train, saying more young people should read. He ended up asking me to meet up with him later that night to get food and chill and even gave me his number. I was too autistic to say no and gave him a maybe. Never called or talked to him again.
T B H only old people will talk to you if you read books in public, I've never seen a qt talk to anyone about what books they're reading in my 8 years of reading on the train. Also I always get excited when I see a 'younger' person (up to 40 y/o) reading a book on the train but whenever I look to see what it is it's either some YA book that's gonna be a movie or some random pulpy book that's part of a 62 part series.

What the fuck else am I supposed to do on my hour long commute, OP?

It’s a shame that most people tend to be reading trash when you see them. It’s a bit difficult to introduce them to better books without seeming ‘pretentious’ or pushy too.

>It’s a shame that most people tend to be reading trash

That's subjective

You can objectively evaluate prose.

pretentious is the most pretentious word

play your 3DS

>you over there, sitting down looking at words on pages!
>you're spoiling my peace!
you have to be totally fucking pathetic to have your "peace" spoiled by literal peace

I don't take it anymore but public transit is one of the best opportunities to read

>implying you've ever had a job

kek

>being

Lol now THAT is fucking embarrassing

>not constantly listening to audio books while awake

>Giving a fuck about other people
I read whenever and wherever I want, bro.

>caring about what the public thinks

>The public
Why would I care about the pensioners on the bus. Fuck them, I'm the future, I deserve to read.

Not if you have the volume on loud enough

>read in public for the sole purpose of showing off my patrician taste in literature

>Unbecoming what you were and NOT 'being' another

Just watch movies/TV instead

the only time id read in public is if i'm reading a book i've already read

too distracting reading a book for the first time out and about

I hope this is bait, no one even mentioned anti-leftist stuff.

Better than playing your 3DS in public.