Is Nick Land the definite thinker of our times?

Is Nick Land the definite thinker of our times?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M8hbN_WOicY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What did Nick mean by this?

I think he underestimates how powerful of a force Liberalism is

>"make racism scientific again!"

Niggers don't tend toward individualism.

Liberalism is severely back-firing here and there

Yeah

I don't believe so. I unironically believe Dugin is the harbinger of our era as I perceive him to be one of few to actually attempt to move beyond modernity.

Review of Lottery Ticket (2010)

anyone got moldbug's books in epub/mobi? link?

In what ways?

>inb4 PJW's meme "weening duh colchore wor"

It is impossible to divorce liberalism from its' materialistic ontology of pure will to power that pervades every aspect of society. It even afflicts lots of the outer right, which is why they're essentially fait accompli failures

>actually attempt to move beyond modernity
yeah, like every post-modernist

Dugins mindset is pre-modern and ridiculously outdated. Its „German Sonderweg“ rebranded

I don't think he wrote any books but I have A Gentle Introduction to Unqualified Reservations as an ebook I made.

do post it if you can be bothered

Will do in an hour or so.

He's cool. Probably the most interesting thinker at the moment.

Did someone automate Nick Land shitposting? There was a thread with every field filled with Nick Land that went full of discussions yesterday.

Anyways, Land is definitely the thinker of our time, he's a much better Harbinger to Moloch than any of (((them)))

I'm so glad that he is a meme on Veeky Forums because he produces genuinely good material, and even past that covers a lot of topics that are fun and productive to discuss.

i saw a tweet yesterday that stated that 'everything is political' and there were a myriad responces that that's just marxist cancer, but Landian perspective completely agrees with it - not that 'everything is political', but rather 'political is everywhere', complete integration of all spheres of being, schizo-gestalt

I have a friend from the Congo and he says this is pretty much what happens any time he goes over to visit his family.

While Lands philosphy is certainly grounded in genuinely intellectual tradition, he often dumbs his conclusions down to /pol/tard levels.

>Everything right wing is automatically /pol/ meme

beautiful. we could all learn a few things from this. capitalism & the State is no more natural to human beings than is flying -- it has been intentionally warded off and thwarted since time immemorial through practices like this that prevent an economy from emerging in the first place. read clastres on "the society against the state" and deleuze on war machines (12th and 13th plateaus).

>definite

wat

I don't know how /pol/tard got so widespread as an adjective to anything right wing. If anything, /pol/ is in desperate spasm between hardcore fascism of the Center-Left kind and hardcore fascism of the Center-Right kind, whereas people like Land are far off to the Right, so far off that your regular "/po/tard" would actually step back slowly from him if they actually read Fanged Noumena.

Sure, most of the time. On the other hand, in current economy there's an overabundance of answers and a pointed lack of questions. Land's conclusions tend to be either too simplistic and /pol/-oriented or too floral and prosaic in expense of rigor and substance; yet hisproblems are good. It may be that being the r/writingprompts of philosophy is not a pretty fate, but I enjoy it.

That means he's clearly defined as representative of thinking about contemporary angst and amphetamine/oxytocin driven social development

First of all, there is a difference between ideology and esthetics, and while /pol/ has all kinds of people on political spectre their esthetics (in the broad sense, encompassing non-fundamental ethical stances) are somewhat holistic - and Land lands squarely there.
Land is running circles between his motte and bailey, though. His absolute distaste for /pol/-style alignment is esoteric in his texts, hidden between the lines, while his public persona exists within their ethical soup.
"The economics will surely become the new physics, but while it's not there, let's get angry at xenofeminists trying to subvert essentialism and megacorps LARPing as moral subjects."

they're also not ascetic enough to be capitalists.

Asceticism with regards to what? From acceleratonists to folks like Battaile, everyone claims capital currently plays the game of excess on us; surplus is everywhere you look, in materials and in values. If anything Africans fail in accumulating surplus on themselves in every conceivable way and that's how they end up washed on the shores of equal distribution (which is clearly a nightmare).

We're talking about a man who wants to use Capitalism to create an omnipotent omnipresent literal god so that it can resurrect everyone who has ever existed and will ever exist and torture them for eternity all the while mindlessly buying from and selling to itself and they're upset because he doesn't point horse make deer about the fact that niggers having average IQs lower than those of Whites. The people reeeing about racism on the 4chins (shock and horror) have gogurt where their brains should be.

This. Gets tiresome repeating this in every Land thread; his philosophy actually has little to do with humans in any shape or way. But I guess it only proves his own point that racism is taught as the new doctrine of the original sin.

muh capitalism

muh civilisation

My dude, reading comprehension. That's exactly the problem - transcendental play-politics with their grand ideas and all-encompassing metaphors are very different from lived-life politics of the banal. Consider a proud PoC woman who preaches the inevitable eschaton of communities segregated across gender and race lines while asking for welfare and complaining about white flight. Land is much the same: it's totally fine to say that we will once become slaves to our own systems kept only to provide it with utility that it milks from us but can't produce itself - but saying "niggers be dumb" is less abstract, more applicable, especially considering that HBD's pretenses to positivity over normativity are untrustworthy at best. Land is making a mistake of branding his philosophy as 'smart right', practical what-and-how, while in fact it's absolutely not that, more didactic fiction than anything else.

There needs to be a sense of frugality and self-deprivation in the present in sacrifice for the future to accumulate surplus, at which Africans tend to fail as you say.

I'm not that guy but Land is a huge sinophile; living in Shanghai is also very likely to skew his views on race: what you claim as "HBD's pretenses to positivity over normativity are untrustworthy at best." is a no-brainer for most Asian populations, they have no issues normatizing people just like we would do to dogs and still pulling whatever utility (in a broad sense I guess) they can out of everyone.

Note this is not a justification for his racism, I'm just saying that only the West cares about racism. There's a whole world out there (and it's becoming THE world if you go by where capital is at its peak) where people live out their lives without ever questioning this kind of stuff.

It's the ultimate redpill - slaughter all shitskin animals and utopia will arrive.

Is it even correct to consider Land a right-winger? He hates Christianity, for example, and seems to consider most of traditionalism quaint at best and harmful at worst. Sure, he's somewhat openly racist and classist, but those things don't automatically make you right-wing. It's like how fascism isn't actually a right-wing political system. It's totalitarian, sure, but I'd hardly call it right-wing.

He is the most progressive person in the world to be honest. I don't mean that at all in a good way.

That's my view on him as well. He's infernally advanced. It was Satan and the rebel angels, after all, that invented guns and gunpowder.

wat
no

Nick Land is an example of where "Right-Wing" stops being meaningful. He's an accelerationist and lumping him in with anyone who isn't also an accelerationist just because he's open about the fact that non-Whites aren't as good at thing x for reason y is idiotic. Again, see . He's so far distant even from other people within neoreaction (which he only supports because he thinks it's the best way to get his AI god birthed into the world) that it doesn't do anything to classify him in any greater system.

>its not really racist
>you just don't get it

>He hates Christianity
Shit meme

I don’t understand this opinion. Isn’t capitalism simply what happens if the economy is left to its own devices?

Muhammed the Prophet became widely known as merchant before he became a politician. Jesus railed against the commercialization of the Church.

I also see in, as Zizek calls it, “Capitalism with Asian values”, a chance for Lands vision to come true. The mode of production in South Korea, for example, where people work up to 70 hours without questioning it, is clearly a picture of a society that has discarded humanity from its worldview altogether, abandoned it in favor of pure efficiency.

Why is "muh racism" such a profound mental block for people?

Jordan peterson x nick land when

Can you imagine if they were on a podcast together? God what a shitshow that would be.

It’s unscientific and discredits anyone who supports it as a general theory of societal development.

White supremacists love to point out how the performance of Whites, up to this day, by every metric relevant to capitalism, is better than that of, say, Mexicans.

They forget that this is due to a process which started only 500 years ago. Prior to that, Europe was seen as inferior by Arabs and even some Africans.

Jordan Peterdon is to Nick Land what Bill Nye is to Einstein: the plebeian misinterpretation.

Let's be real for a moment: no white person actually feels that much sympathy for the brown peoples. Antiracism is entirely about white people oneupping the social status of other white people, using brown people as ballast.

>It’s unscientific and discredits anyone who supports it as a general theory of societal development.
Which is why there are so many scientific papers discrediting "racism," right?

90% or so if biologists don’t see „race“ as a useful classification of genetic diversity. It’s like using terms like „choleric“ or „Chad“ in psychological diagnostics.

Unsourced appeals to authority isn't science, it's religious zealotry.

I don't read this guy but I'm just curious. He thinks that people are well on their way out of the capitalist system, yet people here speak as if he actively campaigns for it when, if my understanding is correct, that he could just sit back and let the events unfold.

>no true Scotsman

Nick Land underestimates the capability of capitalism to reform itself. Should machines ever truly replace all need for human labor, we will still have some sort of income distribution.

>he could just sit back and let the events unfold

That's, more or less, what he's been up to.
Calls to action and Land don't Mix.

>move beyond modernity
That sounds a lot like progress user. Hmm, gee, what was that intellectual movement called again? You know, that one that values progress... ?

>Should machines ever truly replace all need for human labor, we will still have some sort of income distribution.
No, at that point humans become obsolete and just a burden on the system. Why would the machines or the elite bother with billions of completely, totally, 100% useless humans? This is not some dystopian speculation but the obvious and inevitable future of automation and technological progress.

Why do you fluff up your language in Phil `101 nomenclature when saying something really simple?

There are many checks and balances that keep the wealthiest and most powerful at bay — in the West, at least.

With the notable exception of the USA, each high-income Western country has a universal welfare net at this point. This will simply be extended, to compensate those displaced by automation.

In fact, some sort of welfare for those displaced by slave labor existed as early as in Ancient Greece.

/pol/ here, I have a jpg for situations like these

>There are many checks and balances that keep the wealthiest and most powerful at bay
Do you actually believe this? The wealthiest and most powerful are in total control and give us political shows to distract us. It has been this way for two thousand years.
>each high-income Western country has a universal welfare net
Yes, and those countries have sub replacement fertility. Humans in high-income Western country (countries where humans are becoming obsolete) are all starting the trend towards extinction. Liberalism is the tool for this task.
Humanity simply becomes a burden in an industrial society. Technological progress means human obsolescence. It is the very essence of industrial society, not some deep philosophical analysis.

>unscientific

lmao

Fuck off. White people have been responsible for all of humanity's technological advances since the very beginning. All that shitskins would ever do it just leech on it like the worthless animals they are.

I'd say I'm not really claiming it not to be racist, I'm just saying that racism is a non-issue outside of the West (which is the context where we should look at his philosophy, he lives in Shanghai after all).

Thank goodness white people (or people in general) won't claim the honors and bear the burdens of technological progress in the future

Nick Land is the leading theorist of newly rising ideologies
youtube.com/watch?v=M8hbN_WOicY

read him and find out

The Arabs (and later, the Turks) had a monopoly on trade from the Far East. It was pure geographical luck.

The moment Europeans discovered that you could sail around the Cape of Good Hope their good fortune vanished.

Plus, what we call "Islamic Civilization" was really Persian Civilization, because the Arabs were illiterate desert savages who had no real culture of their own. The Romans did not even consider Arabia to be worth the effort of conquering.

Peterson is a POS fraud who is too pussy footed not to go full on traditionalist but rather just milk money from youth by whining about how oppressed he is.

Land has some character and honor, at least.

> The Arabs (and later, the Turks) had a monopoly on trade from the Far East. It was pure geographical luck.

> Everything I don't like is luck.

> Plus, what we call "Islamic Civilization" was really Persian Civilization, because the Arabs were illiterate desert savages who had no real culture of their own. The Romans did not even consider Arabia to be worth the effort of conquering.

Yes because Muslim Spain, North Africa, and greater middle east did not exist.

Why are Whites so obsessed with calling their civilization number one? Why does this metric even matter, to be honest? If an African Muslim lived a good life in a "lesser" civilization back then and raised a family, he is 100x more successful than a white incel growing up in the 21st century.

Because you are just being disingenuous if you say the Islamic Golden Age was anything other than them conquering pre-established civilized societies and exploiting their knowledge to build upon that.

What will civilisation do without humans?

Whose numbers are you using again? The glorious white masterrace couldn’t even express mathematics properly. And the Renaissance was essentially re-discovery of Ancient Greece trough the Arabs.

I don't know, but you're in the nick land thread.

My problem with him is that he panders to the alt-right.

Clearly, any philosopher is able to expose political correctness for the vapid and childish trend it is. But why focus on it in the first place? He doesn’t argue against vaccine enemies or Jewish conspiracists either, he simply pre-supposes them to be retarded.

if by thinker you mean "non scientist that has something interesting to say" and by most you mean "only" then yes

he can see that genetics is the essence of man and cognition. he panders to the alt right because they are the only politicical force that isnt aiming at the suicide of one o the only 2 races capable of: building computers, bulding plumbing, performing arithmetic

No, as he has not resolved the fundamental questions of philosophy and instead has taken a vacation into sci fi adventurism that enlightens no one.

All philosophy related to Lands takes place in some other reality.

You are an idiot if you don't learn from the past. It's like trying to advance Mathematics by not reading a single text book or being taught by a teacher. Do yo think people pull shit like the Lebesgue measure out of their ass?

Yes because Persians, Arabs, and Indians don't perform computer science research?

nah, you're a fag.

no one cares about your retarded dualist artificial dichotomies

the process of instrumentalising cognition is THE only thing orthy of discussion today

bureaucracies automate by checklist. it is a disaster and ends by killing people and destroying countries

automating decision processes such that human interests are removed from the chain of command is the VERY process of capital itself, is the VERY act of cognition itself: a self reproductive efficiency scheme

I'd bet anything you don't understand bureaucratic organisation. people have been trying to figure out the tings land is saying for 200 years, starting ith the dutch.

the thing is, people associated ith land say nigger a lot, so they have to shoot themselves in the foot... proving land's thesis: capital is the removal of human interest from cognition

Liar!
Nick Land told me that he would promise me a pure fertile aryan wife.

no. and they didn't invent "arab" numbers either (ot even the indians)

indians also didn't invent buddhism (thats nepa)

indians also didn't compose the vedas (the vedas literally are about blonde people, their land destroyed by ice, move south and kill black skinned demons that they are forbidden to marry)

in fact the indians preserved the vedas on leaves strung through on string. their brittleness caused them to break faster than could be recomposed, so the vedas lost most of their information over time

you literally havent read anything substantial if you think their civs are in any manner comparable to europe or china

No wonder he lives in Shanghai. The city which, perhaps, illustrates late capitalism without values most precisely (after Seoul, perhaps)

hk probably encapulates capitalism the best. shanghai is run by state cartels, seoul is intermediate. sg is an ethno state

I like to think that Land is someone who was able to shift the knowledge that French and German philosophers/theorists of the XX Century from a Marxist interpretation, that in my opinion will always hold a moral view about society in the back of it all, to a more "cruel" or "amoral" one. If you follow through critical theory (Adorno, Habermas, Marcuse, etc...) into French philosophers (Foucault, Baudrillard, Deleuze and Guattari, etc...) I believe that you can see how there are many critiques of how instrumentalized life has become or the subversive ways Capitalism works. Land's takes some of it, particularly the works of Deleuze have a relation with Land's, but I haven't read him and can barely understand the concept of the Rhizome. Also Baudrillard's concept of hyperrealism can be interesting.

Well, the thing is, he agrees with some of the preoccupations that XX thinkers had, but he likes Capitalism being the amoral, destructive and efficient system it is.

Can someone dumb down the relation between Deleuze and Land for me?

sg is singapour I suppose?

Land only likes right wing politics, because they counter left wing politics, which he hates. But, really, he despises politics in general. "In a good country, politics would be forbidden, in a perfect country, politics would not be possible"

Man we are reaching we wuzzing levels that are not possible. So I guess the AKS algorithm was invented by a white man?

Slavoy Zizek discusses with Nick Land. That I'd like to see.

the primary influence is via their conceptions of calculation/cognition

big D says identity/calculation is the inherent ability to measure a diference i nthe environment, then to correct for it to restore balance or to amp up a positive feedback loop

cells can do this. but precellular components can also do this, e.g. cell membranes or prions thar arrange ionically

land says that the component basis of calculation is, therefore, anti-entropic, on the basis that higher forces (perhaps uantum, perhaps higher dimensional) manifest themselves in the form of linear or fractal alignment in matter. this force is thinking itself

by the time you get to capital, the process of linearisation and thinking manifests at the machinic/ideological/bureuacratic level, abandoning cellular/human components because they introduce points of entropy. aligning processes. the only competing process is a drive that essentially causes the death/inefficiency of the higher process e.g. liberalism, bureaucratic sclerosis, prioritising comfort over pragmatism

oh gee, you found a single algo made by an indian. I guess they're all geniuses and their entire history is glorious and totally btfos those stupid europeans. checkmate science

What about Ramujan?
What about Manjul Bhargava?

I can name a lot more, but since you are an idiot who think civs advanced science in utter vacuums then there is not much to say.

you advanced the idea that europe had been unilaterally behind india/arabia for all of history. this is false. they had been ahead of EVERYONE but china from the very moment it had been settled by modern euros from the steppes

name dropping modern indians doesnt change that, idiot.

you made a stupid fucking argument based on hyperbole. fuck off to hyderabad and beat your child bride

> you advanced the idea that europe had been unilaterally behind india/arabia for all of history. this is false. they had been ahead of EVERYONE but china from the very moment it had been settled by modern euros from the steppes

I never said that, and who ever said that is a retarded we wuzzer, much like you.

> you made a stupid fucking argument based on hyperbole. fuck off to hyderabad and beat your child bride

My argument is based on hyperbole? Nigga please check yourself before your wreck yourself. I'm not even a street shitter, so please neck yourself. However, I'm also not an idiot.

you sound irate, friend!
infuriated by the superiority of western civilization?

everything I said is perfectly documented

modern numerals came from the hindu kush, modern day pakistan, a greek colony

they didn't invent buddhism. nepal did

I never claimed some indians arent smart. but pointing out that they falsely claim the inventions of people not in their country is just fucking fact

so go kill yourself