Camille Paglia

THOUGHTS?

She's qt but that's about it

HMPH HMPH OKAY?

She should be careful not to ruin her career by creating a web presence.

Sexual Personae is a fucking awesome book. Super intriguing and provocative, carefully thought out and brilliantly written. All of that academic work will be flushed down the toilet if she lets herself become singular, political slogans like "transgenderism is degenerate."

Harold Bloom (who is also decidedly non-political) has been extremely careful to avoid becoming a figurehead of easy political talking points. That must take enormous restraint and care and I hope his star pupil is equally as cautious.

Shit I just took this out in the library today, gonna check it out asap

She's like 80 though and has been writing regular think pieces for thirty years, I doubt she cares at this point. Seems to be her style.

She often says things that are compatible with the core values of traditional societies, but yet she claims she's "on the left" or something even though she doesn't agree with virtually anything modern cultural marxists stand for.

She's probably just a classical leftist though, what now is considered beying a nazi by modern marxists.

I assume Veeky Forums probably know about her because of the interview she made with jordan peterson, but her ideals are more down to earth than any other so called "postmodern" thinker.
She's probably where classical liberals and conservatives can agree with each other on something.

I don't think she has a coherent political ideology, then again it's the same with most "classical liberals"

Seems like the big brain Wojak version of Jordan Peterson
Watching their discussion video intrigued me, is Sexual Personae a good place to start with her?

>Sexual Personae a good place to start with her?

It's great and imo the only worthwhile thing she's ever written.

This. The internet, and its contemporary culture, makes it easy for people to consign themselves to the historical obscurity dumping ground under the weight of their own meaningless political shitflinging (a mouthful). For an established personality with a following, Twitter means you can just post your half-thoughts, your neurotic fashions that usually only people who know you well would be there to engage with, and puts it out there immediately for thousands. it’s an interesting development, because the form is so different from the long-term, meditative, hyper-critical process of writing.

>Seems like the big brain Wojak version of Jordan Peterson

How fucking stupid can you be? Lest I leave you scratching your head, how can Camile Paglia, who made splashes on her own merits by writing an amazingly well researched book in 1990, be a "version of Jordan Peterson," --
who wrote an essentially ignored book in 1999 and reached Youtube stardom in 2016?

>Watching their discussion video intrigued me

Anything written by someone who's read a book recently and didn't wallow away their 20s in NEETdom would probably be interesting to you.

Are you small-brain wojak?

A nutjob who for some reason thinks she must express herself in hyperbole like some edgy 70s comedian who tells it as it is, but if you can look beyond that, she's genuinely brilliant, although not always right.

She's alright. Makes some interesting criticisms against the left from the perspective of a leftie. Though her speaking style gives off the impression of a yappy dog.

She's more of a 60's style liberal, and definitely a 60's Marxist. What she dislikes is the current interception between the left, academia, and corporations.

Please guys let's have a politics thread. Please oh please oh please. We need more of those on here.

Don't start...

OK OK OK OKOK OKO OKOKOK

hi litty

She thinks. But not enough.
8/10

What are her objections to trans identity?
Is she just a standard terf?

Another Alt Right lunatic like Jordan Peterson.

4/10

4 points for good idea but bad execution, you lost me at "lunatic"