Max Stirner

Is Max Stirner worth the read or is he just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Anarchism/comments/4do2y6/whats_the_deal_with_max_stirner_being_a_white/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

#worth

could you elaborate as to why you think this?

>Bannishes all the spooks forever

Did he have something against niggers or something?

No. The fool couldn't even sell dairy products successfully. How can his philosophy be credible?

He's interesting to read as a minor figure in a certain area of philosophy, but he's been memed way out of proportion. There are a lot of more interesting people to read.

He certainly didn't talk about them in a way that pleases Reddit, that's for sure:

reddit.com/r/Anarchism/comments/4do2y6/whats_the_deal_with_max_stirner_being_a_white/

top lel
I guess I'll have to pick up some of his works.

This is a 10/10 ad

Yes, all philosophers sell dairy products.

This entire website is a meme, these faggots will never give you an honest answer.

you sound pretty spooked

What should I read before starting Stiner?

Worth a meme.

It's actually a genuinely interesting and entertaining read. The people who post Stirner memes should try it some day.

>Ugh. I need to go wash my hands after reading some of that crap.
Jesus Christ

Should I read this before Dostoes Demons or Broch's Sleepwalkers to get a good feel for the political climate at the time?

Are you referring to that awful reddit comic some idiot posted in the last thread?

Stirner is a meme because his philosophy is the intellectual embodiment of carrying your childhood narcissicism into adult life, stunting your capability for emotional relatedness to others.

He outlines a way of creating a sense of self without attaching yourself to external concepts, which is what his proponents laud him for. The problem is that he does it by closing himself off from them, instead of relating his own self to them in a way which allows for the continued existence of both.

He's the culmination of the Veeky Forums rhetoric, which is why he's (ironically) seen as a god by the shitposters here.

Another idiot that didn't read the guy. I egoistically love you guys.

BTW here is the answer to you, OP, read on.

I read that passage and the plebbitean surely didn't understand it. What Stirner is referring to is out of the hegelian playbook with the dialectic evolution of history.

When Stirner says society phases through negroid history, mongoloid history then caucasian history is in our relation to the concepts that rules our life.

He's just describing, albeit with terms snowflakes nowadays dislike, the enlightenement of that men are gettingvrid of their spooks.

It's meant to be a parody of Hegel, you dunce.

Of course it is, you fag lord. If you had read it, you would understand that in essence you could cut the book to a tenth of what it is because all the rest is ad hominem against all his (((spooky))) temporaries.

True. Plato wouldnt've had the credibility he had if it wasn't for his lucrative diary prouct company

>morality is just a concept
>society is just a concept
>property is just a concept
Woww.. so deep

The Phenomenology of Spirit by Hegel adds more contextual volume to his thought, but it stands quite fine on it's own either how.

Stirner does parody Hegel in several places, but, and this is important to note, in other places he implements several Hegelian ideas. He isn't an Orthodox Hegelian but neither is completely against Hegel – he did, as Hegel himself suggested, take the system further.

Stirner is most certainly worth a read. Get the Cambridge edition, Landstreicher isn't much of an improvement. The problem with the Stirner memesis that they're not even a caricature of thought, but a blatant distortion.

Stirner is primarily concerned with the Master/Slave dialectic. There are three Hegelian terms central to his thought, though more could be mentioned – spirit [geist], idea/concept/notion [begriff] and essence [wesen].

As Stirner explains himself, he is not concerned with the transcendtal Ego/I [Ich] of Fichte, but the transient, finitie I, which he terms the Unique [Einzige]. The Unique is twofold: on the one hand, it is a creature, that is, something created in flux, and on the other, it is a creator, which aspect he calls the creative nothing.

The problem, as Stirner sees it, is that man, as an embodied spirit, doesn't finds his essence in himself as the creative nothing, but becomes possesed and bound by alien ideas/concepts/notions that stands outside and above the self.

There is an ultimatum in Stirner's thought, a question of either/or – since these ideas/concepts/notions are inherently egoistic, that is, since they're primarily concerned with their own cause, the spirit must either serve them as a slave, that is, as it's property [eizengentum], or the spirit serves it's own cause as the master, as a property owner. In the former case the spirit is self-denying, in the latter case the spirit has power.

There is much more to Stirner's thought than blatant repitition as said, but this short explanation should suffice as an introduction, especially since very few on here seems to have read his work, let alone analyzed it.

you are a saint for this
thanks