See bagels mentioned a lot and eaten in American tv shows

>see bagels mentioned a lot and eaten in American tv shows
>never see them at shops or local bakeries
>go to a diner and they have bagels so I decide to try one
>tastes like stale bread or something

am I missing something? what's the appeal? I feel regular bread would taste way better any given reason.

Attached: Bagel-Plain-Alt.jpg (767x600, 111K)

Yeah. You got a bad bagel. It was probably made by somebody who didn't know much about making bagels, and then frozen for broad distribution.

Who hires broads to distribute bagels?

It's hard to find good bagels these days.

They are delicious. Moist, sturdy, chewy, big. Not that unlike a soft pretzel, fantastic cut open and toasted to make a sandwich. Blueberry and Everything are yummy.

They're only good in NY or NJ

Lol Montreal bagels shit all over your New York bagels.

Like pizza in NY or Chicago? I can understand the lobster roll exclusivity for freshness and originality but pizza and bagels are nothing special.

I've had good bagels elsewhere but it was some NJ transplants.
Better than ones I had in NY desu.

>Montreal
Literally where?

Attached: sceak.jpg (2592x1728, 484K)

Did you have it toasted? Cold bagels are a atrocity

Did this queer finally succumb to the aids?

pretty sure people are living for decades with AIDS now with modern drugs

more likely he overdosed on some gay people drugs, or he's in jail for something

He's right you know

It's nothing but a 500 calorie hunk of bread that we slather in creme cheese, frosting, butter, and other savory toppings.

fresh bagels are great, but store bought ones tend to be dry and generally shit.
they should be light, but chewy and slightly moist with a good glaze to the outside.

go back to your exile, sceaky-poo

Like any bread, the freshly baked variant is vastly superior to any garbage full of preservatives.

The problem is lots of places these days don't actually boil them and do the whole process.

You have to go to the jewish bakery unironically.

but I want ham on my bagel

>he thinks all jews are kosher nutjobs
As long as you don't go to fucking ess-a-bagel where they have money jars next to the register begging for donations to actual IDF death squads, you can get ham

bagels are the only bread I bake now. The crust is lovely, and bagels freeze well and lock in flavor and are less prone to oxidation.

This, I grew up in NY eating extremely fresh bagels and cream cheese and when I went out west it was literally stale bread

>baggle

Attached: 7af0d6e11c680838cd8caddfaceb2b6a.gif (245x161, 507K)

>pretty sure people are living for decades with AIDS now by charging thousands upon thousands of dollars per person to insurance companies and the government for very expensive medications that HIV is rapidly becoming resistant to

Fags are a blight on society, kill yourself

t. angry redneck closet case

I'm neither gay nor do I know anyone with HIV, btw

You had a bad bagel. Bagels must be freshly made and boiled before being baked. People will disagree about NYC vs Montreal style and honestly I think a hybrid would be better but they will always agree on fresh, high gluten flour, and parboiled

But at the end of the day it is just bread, not a blowjob from taytay

Attached: 1521206112128.jpg (340x340, 24K)

more like t. guy who works testing donated blood and has to explain to shitlibs constantly why disease ridden faggots STILL aren't allowed to donate blood per FDA rules

ah, so you're salty about having a job where you're forced to spread outdated disinfo from the 1980s gay scare

should have stayed in school, tyrone

Graduated in 2012, men who have sex with men are still 17x more like to have HIV than the average member of the public.

Don't forget, senor reddit, you're arguing with Established Science(TM)

Stupid fuckin alien quit watching TV and just eat shit

Montreal has the best bagels, no contest

I just wish they didn't have such big holes in the middle. Other than that they're literally perfect

Its the Jews

English muffins >>> bagels

>he doesn't know about the watah.

>jews like bagels
>jews own hollywood
>tasty, jewy beggels infiltrate american film

It’s brilliant

Objectivly wrong. Sorry.

You get good bagels at a bagel shop, not at a diner.

>American (((tv shows)))
Well there's your problem right there...

Well played

Yes and its great

Take your bagle accross the street to the deli.

>am I missing something
Yes, a fucking brain. You bought a shitty bagel because you're stupid. Go buy a decent one, you fucking moron.

>all these (((anons))) defending bagels itt

Bagels are jewish trickery in the most literal sense of the term

I mean it's a different kind of bread. Usually pretty dense and chewy so its a little more filling and satisfying.
There are also plenty of things you can put on a bagel. And different kinds of bagels.
Just another bread to eat for breakfast. Just like biscuits, muffins, scones, toast, croissant, rolls, etc.
Personally I love a good sourdough and onion bagel with some lox. Or maybe some ham and melted swiss.
Variety is the spice of life.

Aren't bagels a jewish invention?

are bagels /pol/ approved?

Bagels are the white, cis-gendered, male alternative to the more flamboyant dognuts.

>live in some shithole country that doesn't have bagels
>somehow come across a place that sells them
>expect it to be any good
That would be like going to mexico city to get good sushi

store bought bagels are loaded with sugar, fat and salt. make your own bagels for the best experience.

I've had sushi in mexico city. They put cream cheese in their sushi
Worst I've had in the americas but nowhere near as bad as the foie gras sushi I had in paris

bagels, when fresh, are moist and chewy, but if you get a fucking old one it will taste like stale bread. your gripe should be with the diner and not with bagels in general

Not all Bagels are like that.

a bagel needs to be steam cooked, or boiled, so that the gluten on the outside is crusty when baked. the inside must be very dense, chewy. it really does work best with traditional toppings: a thick layer of cream cheese, or smoked salmon. also good toasted with butter. i dont think a diner would have a proper bagel. you need to go to a bagel bakery, not even noahs is close to real. a real bagel is nice and crunchy, with a satisfying doughy taste. seeds make is especially good: sesame, poppy. onion bagels are good too. i truly believe that this: blueberry, jalapeno/cheese, whole wheat raisin, etc are worse than the Holocaust.

Horseshit. This is flyover country type bullshit. People like you don't think everything is only good in NY or NJ. You can get great bagels in most American cities or any other places where Jews are (but let's be serious, Jews think they are too good to live anywhere where hard work or honest family living is done, so that limits it to cities).

eastern european, brought here by jews in part cause the hasidim are inspired by the Baal Shem Tov, who is so revered that his style of dress and local culture is maintained after centuries. so, 17th century galician culture, which included bagel type breads. the culture in 20th century poland may have moved on a bit, but this was preserved. i believe the hole is so that the dough cooks evenly, same as for pretzels and doughnuts, and to string them on a rod or rope to carry them on a cart.

Sounds like you don't like where your poor life choices have brought you. Bet everyone thought you were really cool in high school because of your trendy lifestyle and your flamboyant demeanor and you were banking on your Hillary to be your salvation. Faggot.

It is cheaper, as you only need to pay them 70% what you would pay a man.

>sushi

Sushi is just rice. You probably don't even know what you ate.