Will he be the next musician to win a Nobel Prize after Bob Dylan?

Will he be the next musician to win a Nobel Prize after Bob Dylan?

this thread is going to be t r a s h y

here u go some trashy shitpics to go with your shit thread OP

Unironically hope.

Thought that was One Be Lo at first and was going to say I hope so. But it's Kendrick Lamar so I hope not. Wouldn't be surprised if he won it, though.

Dylan shouldn't have won it and neither should this non-writer.

NORMIES GET OUT!!!!!!!

>There are people who unironically consider him a good artist

I've been a NEET for 12 years, kid. Couldn't be a normie if I wanted to.

Music is a 9 for pop music but his lyrics are only an 8, while Bob Dylan may be a 10 for lyrics

>I've been a NEET for 12 years, kid.

What the hell kind of world are we living in where you can brag about living in prolonged adolescence using kid in a pejorative sense?

This colorful character seems to really enjoy the number "69".

>MY LEFT STROKE JUST WENT VIRAL

fuck
No

Prolonged adolescence? I'm a quadriplegic, blind in one eye, and used the word 'kid' playfully. I tried to find work for years and was hired just once out of pity to do the most tedious clerical work imaginable. The job could have been done by my 9-year-old nephew.

I'd say it's clear he enjoys sucking dick while having his dick sucked!

You're going to go for a guilt-trip card after an argument that started over Kendrick Lamar on the Veeky Forums literature board? Never thought I'd have occasion for such a presidential vocabulary but,

>sad.

Guilt-trip card? The last thing I want is for you to feel guilty, especially because I'm quite happy with my life, all things considered. My point was that you made a baseless assumption. You're just as much a part of this argument as I am, so if I'm sad so are you.

No, or at least not anytime soon

The academy doesn't take rap seriously yet. The first classes on Dylan at Harvard started mid-90's, 30's after his biggest hits. Rap courses will probably become big when the current generation becomes academics, so 10-20 years down the road. Then, it would be possible

RIGHT STROKE PUT A BABY IN A SPIRAL

the dylan lyrics are great in song, but they don't read well on the screen

you're a fucking idiot

>SHIT DON'T CHANGE UNTIL YOU GET UP AND WASH YO ASS NIGGA

So poetic

Explain why he shouldn't get one?

>Memetip: You can't.

>pop a nigga like a willie, nigga

im surprised he didnt get the peace prize yet

dont take it so hard, kid

hey guy pretending to be handicapped on the internet to teach people a lesson about assuming what kind of NEET anonymous posters might be i will make sure i ask from now on if someone is blind in one eye and worked a menial job their nephew could do next time I accuse someone of being NEET you silly guy

that is one pozzed up cunt

The main issue with Kendrick Lamar is that he falls into the category of "black guy who's entire subject matter is based on his race." Well written minority characters usually fall into
1. A deconstruction of the stereotype
2. Extremely stereotypical, cranked up to 11 to the point that it becomes comical
3. A character that could be any race or skin color, he'd still play out the same
4. If the character is gay, for instance, it doesn't really affect his overall motives

no, not nearly as influential

not nearly as talented a poet

no reason to give him the prize

kendrick owes huge debts to lil wayne, dre, tupac, practically every rap great that came before him. and is basically a boiled-down synthesis of their sounds. TPAB throws in jazz/soul to seem sophisticated but it doesn't fool anyone, not to mention it doesn't make him a stronger poet

dylan may owe debts to guthrie and the whole folk tradition but he expanded folk to be something more than what it was. tell me kendrick expanded rap as a genre and i will spit in your face

dylan legitimized songwriting as a literary genre. he's been monumental for decades. his rate of output is much greater than kendrick's even now

Jeff Mangum will win desu

...woah ...powerful

>Dylan shouldn't have won it and neither should this non-writer.
t. someone who will never win a prize for anything

Er, you're significantly more handicapped than he is.

I'm right though.

seriously though, fuck the goddamn nobel prize

100% correct.
Leonard Cohen is the only musician I can understand getting that, and even then, no.
But Dylan? I love him, but as a "writer" he's a musician.
Lamar? No.

This dude is a pedophile irl.

who is he?

Probably, but in like 40 years from now.

>falling for a fake controversy just to get him talked about