Someone needs to shut his ass up

Someone needs to shut his ass up

Other urls found in this thread:

libcom.org/files/ReedWhatAreTheDrumsSayingBooker.pdf
johnhalle.com/outragesandinterludes/adolph-reed-on-sanders-coates-and-reparations/
youtube.com/watch?v=-jeiPKh7jEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I’m more the give ‘em enough rope type

nah you crackas need to step down and leave literature to POC

do carpenting instead or whatever you white folks do

My problem with him is that he's boring and it seems like he doesn't cut anything from his first draft. the "my president was black" article ran for pages and pages and it was so fucking boring. "The case for reparations" as well. And, of course, his black phanter run was just shit.

I think he's extremely overrated. Very "wordy" for sure.

Gee. maybe your attitude proves him right

He's fine where he is.

libcom.org/files/ReedWhatAreTheDrumsSayingBooker.pdf

I read BTWAM my dude. I ain't got time for some wannabe hard niggah now rockin his soft ass as though he's the realest dude on the block. I'm surprised he didn't kill himself after publishing that nihilistic diatribe. Straight up awoke the Nietzschean scorn for pity in me.

he's an astute chronicler of white-black race relations in america but whenever he seeks to comment beyond his purview his analyses are sorely lacking. i don't think he's worthless, he's just particularly narrow. based on the few articles of his i've read, anyway.

The entirety of his success stems from the very existence of the white establishment that he admonishes. With few exceptions, the liberal white establishment treats him as an idol and rarely challenge his assumptions.

Basically my problem with him.

He only talks about America from a black/white dynamic, the problem is American isn't a black/white country.

Friendly reminder someone here took him apart in a hilarious fashion

You have my attention

>Literally wept discovering spell check

Please tell me this is true.

It's a privilege of being the in-group that you can go your life being oblivious of the dynamic. The burden of it is laid on the out-group, their life is predicated on being the out-group. You can forgive them for focusing on it because it is the thing which externally defines them. They must be constantly conscious of not only their own individual person, but also the group status that has been imposed on them from without. Someone of the in-group is only conscious of their individual person, so it requires an active effort to put themselves in the other's shoes. Writers like this may be banal cloying at times, but they're useful in guiding this process for those unfamiliar. But since it's something that requires an exertion I can see why people would so flatly reject it.

my president was black is a great essay and pretty tight. The trump one is incredibly rambling i'll give you that

One can 'forgive' them for focusing on it? You seem to be doing Coates an honour here he doesn't deserve in implying that, at the root of his thought and writings, he is doing anything but advancing the interest of his tribe - which may very well be in our society today, the 'out-group' but not at certain times in the past, and hopefully not in the future either. Martin Luther King, Fredrick Douglass, Booker T. Washington are all examples of black men who purposefully and beautifully made the case for racial equality and for us to look towards building a society that is a universal society of brothers as fellow human beings. Where is this message in Coates writing? There is only the advancement of his own self-interest through the furthering of his 'out-group' (as you put it) which at this time in history is seen as a just and good thing, but does little to redeem the motive of Coates himself. One should wonder if he was born in very different circumstances, Coates wouldn't be willingly taking on the tyrannical role of the sahib master in earnest. There is certainly no universalist or egalitarian inclinations in his work to suggest otherwise.

Nice epistemology faggot
It can't possibly be that you are wrong. Everyone who disagrees is suffering from false consciousness.
Do people like this really not see how circular and self reflexive this logic is?

Is this the power of critical theory?

lel, this is way better than I thought it was going to be

lol

He's not evil. He's just bland enough to achieve mass appeal.

The best takedowns of Coates have come from other blaq writers.

johnhalle.com/outragesandinterludes/adolph-reed-on-sanders-coates-and-reparations/

youtube.com/watch?v=-jeiPKh7jEA

>The best takedowns of Coates have come from other blaq writers.
Steve Sailer is white

>Someone needs to shut his ass up
It won't be you though, will it, Pussboy?

Adolph Reed is really really cool

Nah, probably not, I've got better shit to do than try and pick up someone who loves wallowing in their own suffering