Why does every store put them by the bread instead of with the other cookies? What game are they playing?

Why does every store put them by the bread instead of with the other cookies? What game are they playing?

Attached: nutty bars.jpg (410x410, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mckeefoods.com/117.44/mckee-foods-company-locations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why does *literally any business* do *literally anything to entice people to purchase their products*
truly a mystery..

How does this help them to that end and why don't they do it with the other cookies?

How does putting the little debbie products with the bread do anything to entice people?

never thought of that. Good question. My guess is the bread aisle being a little lacking and the snack aisle being overloaded.

They are trying to end the product line

I don't buy Little Debbie products, but I often see them on an endcap, similar to Burt's Bees products. I assume it's a deal they have with the supplier.

>how does putting snacks that people would not usually go to purchase near things that people would usually purchase help entice them to purchase it
are you mentally disabled

Grocery stores want you to zig-zag through the aisles so you impulse buy. That's why peanut butter is never in the bread aisle.

At my walmart, peanut butter, jelly, tea and coffee are all together in the bread aisle. very convenient. Little debbies are on the endcap though, like OP said, very strange. gotta be a vendor contract like doritos or hotpockets

But why Little Debbie? Of all the brands, why that one?

I always assumed it had to do with shorter shelf life of snack cakes and bread. Despite the whole "Twinkies last forever" meme, their actual expiration date is never more than a couple of months off. Boxed cookies can last for years sealed.

>someone else is onto the game
Yeah there's always a lot of random shit in some grocers despite the store as a whole being well-organized.

>can't find cider vinegar
>it isn't in with white vinegar, balsalmic vinegar, and rice vinegar
>it isn't with oils for people making dressing
>maybe it's in with spices? maybe with dressings?
>fuck no, it's in the aisle with soda

>Why does every store put them by the bread instead of with the other cookies?
always wondered that myself. seems pretty nutty.

nutty more like deez nuttys got em

Brilliant. Just hide the snacks from the people looking for snacks.

t landwhale

no one actively seeks out Little Debbie snacks, it's called an impulse purchase because when hungry people shop they tend to buy more things and strategically placing high fat/sugar treats in with daily essentials is a successful marketing ploy

>no one actively seeks out Little Debbie snacks
Speak for yourself.

Jokes on you, my food of choice is loaves of bread and Nutty Bars. This actually saves me the risk of having my scooter's battery die on the way over to the snack aisle.

True, but I think that's also part of why all stores do it, people now expect the little debbie snacks to be near the bread/on an endcap. You go against the flow on this, people are just going to get confused.

I can't buy these because all that comes to mind is the thought of a mushy sugary goop ball sloshing around my mouth as a chew and swallow. As well as all that sugar coating my teeth and feeding the bacteria which is dissolving my teeth in real time.

Because a few isles in the store are actually contracted out space, it’s usually the soda isle, the potatoe chip isle and the bread isle. In this case, the bread bakery in your area is also a contract bakery, so they bake or distribute Little Debbie’s in addition to the range of bread they bake. (It saves the supermarket from having to deal with cumbersome products, rotation, and marketing display. If you get noisy around the chip isle, you will often find a Frito Lays laminated card showing the delivery sticker how the shelves should be loaded).

Can confirm. Used to work in a grociery store. Shits confusing.

>primo bagged lunch snack
>right next to sandwich bread, another staple for bagged lunches.
The target is soccer moms who make their kids' lunches.

Attached: 20180316_214908.jpg (704x1080, 375K)

Arent these shits called nutty buddies now or something?
Best little debbies snack right there btw.

>kids lunch
these things melt. I think they're more for mommy. Women eat a surprising amount of this packaged junk.

People get bread last so they don't crush it, and lil debs are easier to justify as an afterthought/bonus/way to get your kids to shut up so you can get out.
Also, both the bread and snack cakes in this aisle have the same amount of fake processed shit in them, so it's no wonder they're grouped together in the enriched styrofoam aisle.

Again, no... the bakery that stocks the bread everyday stocks the snack cakes.

From job listing:
“Responsible for merchandising fresh bakery products in local accounts/grocery stores to ensure adequate product availability on the shelf and on displays.”

Wrong
mckeefoods.com/117.44/mckee-foods-company-locations

Actually people get eggs last but for that exact reason you mentioned.

Attached: Bargans.jpg (500x732, 150K)

little debby snacks are packed with as much sugar as chemically possible to keep them fresh for as long as possible. Sugar is a great preservative. Avoid at all cost.

They're ordered by the bakery department and not by the grocery department

why

No they are not. The space is contracted out. Same with the soda, the Coke truck comes and the Coke rep stocks it, not Safeway employees or whatever store it is... same with the potato chip snacks...

“Since its founding, Coca-Cola has operated what's called a "direct store delivery" system with its North American retailing partners. That means that CCE employees are the ones who deliver the Coca-Cola products to each store and right to the shelves. "We are in control to make sure that we deliver our products to each of the stores," Eichman says. This also means that CCE can ensure that its planogram strategies are correctly implemented.”

So when mom is buying bread (staple), kids will see the Little Debbies and while for them. Avoiding the snack isle will not avoid the whining. Pretty good marketing ploy, in fact. Little Debbies undoubtedly contracts that piece of shelf for this reason.

Jews.

The amazing thing is that this is true way more company's product than I thought.

I have a friend and all he does is restock Disney merchandise in Walmart and other stores

I dont buy these shitbars anymore after I bit one and a big ass hair was cooked into it.

I want to fuck Little Debbie.