Why did God choose year zero to bring Jesus to Earth and guide people?

Why did God choose year zero to bring Jesus to Earth and guide people?

Was that a certain points in human history where God needed to gain control of or guide a quickly advancing species? Was it that the Greeks and Romans were reaching the point of less fighting for survival and more indulgence?

Obviously this is a religious question. Has the bible, or any denomination of Christianity covered this? To me, it is a very important question about the religion that bases so much on this very moment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6yvzTtO7CDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>this is your brain on religion

The Roman Empire's conquest of Israel represented the impasse of the two radically conflicting yet admirable moral universes of the Greco-Roman Citizen and the Child of Israel. Jesus was the reconciliation of these two dialectical traditions

>this is your brain on reddit

Sorry if you don't understand my question, but I am strictly asking about the scripture.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I will look further into that idea.

In reality, jewish ideas of an imminent apocalypse were relatively popular from the Hellenic era onwards. The Dead Sea communitiesin the 2nd to 1st centuries BC, for example, envisaged a battle between good and evil related to the messiah. Jesus was part of the zeitgeist of the time, the big differences being 1) Followers believing he rose from the dead, probably as the start of all the dead rising during the end times (also a common belief) and 2) Paul converting and spreading the beliefs to gentiles, ensuring the religion survived.

Paul himself writes that the current era is an evil one, and that Christ had come specifically to preach the true gospel and rectify the world, which would be complete at his second coming. Later, the destruction of the Jerusalem Temple in 70 AD was seen as the final stamp on the end of the Old Covenant with the jews alone, the New Covenant was for anyone who would accept Jesus. This is usually tied in with the idea that the jews failed to fulfill the law, and only God himself, as Jesus, could totally fulfill it and open up salvation to everyone.

Or if you're a brainlet: God is mysterious

Paul's epistles deal a lot with this question of the Greek-Hebrew moral tension if you want a great place to start

The answer is manifold. 1. Judea was in an era of political unrest. Roman rule was harsh and unwelcome, but Jewish leaders had little desire to change. The primary audience of Jesus was then aprticularly open to his message, while simultaneously those opposed would be rendered completely deaf to it due to their political distractions. 2. This contrast is particilarly important to the clarity of the trith, and demonstrates strongly the way in which true statements will be rejected by the dishonest. In this way, not only do the reactions to Jesus become part of his message, but they also serve to provide the right motivations to keep this message alive and pure in the resulting chaos. The actions of the pabrisees ro try and suppress Jesus's message after his death are some of the most important bits of history to corroborate his existence and nature. 3. The position, structure, culture, and density of the Roman empire was ideal for making sure the gospels are accurate and faithful recollections while maintaining the neccessity of faith. As in, word could spread relatively quickly, oral tradition was strong, but there was not enough documentation to make these stories undispitable. Through the process of apostolic succession, we can be confident in the gospels veracity, but we have no material evidence of their truth. Had fheir been hard proof, there would be no other choice than to believe, stripping all men of their free will. 4. Judea was simultaneously remote, and at the crossroads of civilization. Effectively fly-over country, it guaranteed that none of the events would get mired in the other events of the day. But being along many trade routes, word could relativeky easily spread to the entire civilized world. 7. It was year 0! People were expecting something, and it had to be big!

Unfortunately the question is illogical from a Christian standpoint. There is no reason why God does this instead of that; God does what God does because He's God. He's the end of reason; there's nothing deeper to talk about as to why he does something.

Some other posters have given answers as to why this time might have made more sense than others, and that's fine. But ultimately that time was chosen because God said so.

The Christian belief, found in Scripture, is that the incarnation was always the plan, not a backup plan.

>THE SECRET HISTORY OF ANNUNAKI AND HUMAN RACE EXPLAINED IN THREE (3) MINUTES...
youtube.com/watch?v=6yvzTtO7CDo

>Our DNA seems to have been manipulated in the past by beings that passed themselves as Gods
>In Sumer, the alien race of "gods" were known as the Anunnaki
>In Greece, the Annodoti. In Celtic lore, the Tuatha de Danaan
>In the Semitic scriptures they are called The Nephilim
>These Anunnaki are said to occupy another planet in our solar system
>Known to scientists searching for it as 'Planet X'
>The gods themselves had their own monarchy, with laws of succession similar to our own
>They built a global empire upon the Earth, with great cities, temples and monuments
>They created mankind as a slave race to work on their farms and in their gold mines, among other things
>The Sumerian legends are very clear: man was made to bear the yoke of the gods
>Man was separate from the gods, like domesticated animals.
>These gods ruled directly over Egypt, Mesopotamia, and the Indus Valley
>At some point, it is told, some of the gods "broke rank"
>This is again recorded in just about every culture on Earth that has a written or oral history of legends
>However, these actions (interbreeding and sharing of secrets with humans) incurred the wrath of the Most High God
>And a number of other gods who were disgusted by this interracial breeding
>This sparked the massive battle of the gods that has come down to us in the legends of both the War in Heaven, and the Deluge
>Interestingly, this flood is mentioned in the legends of almost every ancient culture on Earth
>According to Sitchin, while the Anunnaki producing of gold was increased by mining in South Africa, so was the physical effort to extract it
>After continuous day and night gold mining for a period of 150,000 years (450,000 BC - 300,000 BC), the Anunnaki mine workers revolted.
>The mutiny was resolved by genetically engineering an African ape-woman to create a replacement laborer
>After considerable trial and error, according to the Sumerian story, a suitable hybrid worker was developed
>Capable of gene manipulation technology, the Anunnaki implanted the ape-woman's egg into surrogate Anunnaki maidens
>Some considerable time later, some of the Anunnaki (including royalty) began to mate with human females
>It's noted in the Bible
>"That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose..."

This is actually some of the worst bait I've ever seen on this board

God may be the source of reason, but that doesn't mean his actions have to all be.

John 5:16-30

1 Thessalonians 4:1-12

Also read the Genealogy and research each cross reference to the Old Testament, and there lies your answer to this question.

Neal Stephenson, is that you?

>Neal Stephenson
No, I'm Marshall Klarfeld, author of Adam: The Missing Link and Gilgamesh 10. American pyramids were built by the Anunnaki to collect gold.

>Why did God choose year zero
He thought it'd be a nice, round number. Also, it helped Jesus to figure out his age a lot quicker when asked.

God IS reason you filthy kike

Jesus? What does he have to do with date systems? Everyone knows that Year 0 simply refers to the start of the Common Era and if he happened to be born then it was merely coincidental and certainly of no historical significance.

>Common Era
It wasn't always called that, you know. In the beginning it was called the Special Era and everyone wanted to be a part of it. But after a while they realised everyone WAS a part of it so they got bored and started calling it Common because, hey, what's so special about it anyway?

CE and BCE is the stupidest shit imaginable.

With all of the autism simmering on this board, I'm a little surprised - disappointed, even - that nobody has yet mentioned:

(1) there was no year 0. The number 0 did not even exist when the dating system in discussion was invented.

(2) general consensus is that Jesus would have been born between the years 6 and 4 BCE.

>CE and BCE is the stupidest shit imaginable.
No, you are.

>No, you are.
Yes and we're totally not labeling years in relation to Jesus. Nope, not at all. Just call it something else, lalalalala,

I never said that, user. I shouldn't have to be forced to implicitly call Jesus of Nazareth my Lord and savior whenever referencing a particular year but I shouldn't have to devise a whole new calendar to avoid doing so, either. Sorry if my wish for secularization of the dating system rustles your jimmies, Christ-fag.

You're still using a system based around Jesus. Changing the term doesn't change what it is. It's a joke, really. You aren't secularizing anything, you're just covering it in tissue paper. The fact that you think I have to be a Christian in order to think that is amusing.

Imagine being this petty and resentful. Do you make effort to say 'Happy Holidays' too?

You're not nearly as intelligent as you think you are, you arrogant prick and I didn't actually think you're Christian, any religious leaning you may have is quite irrelevant

>any religious leaning you may have is quite irrelevant

Says you, you fucking kike

I'm intelligent enough to see through this bullshit at least.

Not intelligent enough to even entertain different opinions

How dare you unspoil my spoiler, heathen?!?!?

Only stupid people have to do that to hedge their bets

We are all one, brother. The Hebrews were just following the Anunnaki, Marduk, who they saw as their god, the biblical YHWH.

>You're still using a system based around Jesus.

He's using a system that the entire world now uses. By this logic you should also be personally venerating the Phoenicians because without them you wouldn't even be writing these posts to user.

Stop being such a hapless moron.

>By this logic you should also be personally venerating the Phoenicians because without them you wouldn't even be writing these posts to user.
Wisdom distinguishes things that differ.

>By this logic you should also be personally venerating the Phoenicians because without them you wouldn't even be writing these posts to user.

That's the fedora faggots logic not his

Oh, this is a good example. Instead of saying "Latin alphabet" (after all those Romans had slaves, right?) we should say something else. Maybe "Common Alphabet"? Then it will be disconnected from anything offensive and we can rest peacefully.

What a laughable platitude in response; you can't shirk that analogy so easily.

Are you a younger poster?

There is no analogy. The analogy is this

STOP SHITTING UP THE BOARD WITH ALL THIS RELIGION CRAP
jesus fuck there are like a dozen threads about the fucking bible and its arab remix at the moment
just fuck off to Veeky Forums
or just die and meet your maker and ask him/her/it yourself

>That's the fedora faggots logic not his

Is it? The bullshit that flies around this board gets hard to track.

>don't talk about the most influential book ever written

Nah

I think you're a little confused, Jesus is thought to have been born some time around 4 BC to 6 AD, based on the gospels. Mark has him born during the reign of Herod the Great who died in 4 BC, and Jesus couldn't have been born much earlier than that or the time line would be fucked up. Luke has him born during the census under the governorship of Quirinus, which happened in 6 AD, and that's about as late as he could be born without messing up the timeline in the other direction.

So we don't actually know, and 1 BC is a guess like any other.

*Matthew, not Mark