What's the most you've ever read in a single day?

What's the most you've ever read in a single day?

100. Never go beyond 100 pages in a day.

Why?

Because our head/memory has that attention span.

Every seven hour work shift I read two hundred pages. 1000 pages a week. I fucking love my job.

Probably today, Finished Mrs. Dalloway this morning, Reading 2 chapters of the Iliad and hope to finish The Ghost Writer tonight. Maybe I have read more (I spent hours reading that god awful Stephen King book once —The Stand, I think?) But I have never felt like I accomplished as much

290 pages but it wasn't a very good book
read the entirety of Child of God in one day, about 4 hours or so

Sorry, didn't mean to reply to your post.

>208 pages in 4 hours
You must be such a boring person. I'd never read a book written by you.

100 words precisely? I don't think so. I suppose on average, perhaps, but it also depends on what you're reading. It also depends on whether you care about soaking up the knowledge the book presents, too. I am almost sure that the way by which words are encoded into the long term memory don't depend on merely reading through them once anyhow. Whether or not you read 100 or 200 pages, the general result will be the same. Attention span differs between people, and some people will force themselves into plowing through a book, or take long breaks between reading, so whilst they might read 50 pages in an hour, they read 4 times a day and completely and equally separated intervals. What you're saying is simply retarded.

6 hours at the university library. I'd zone out a bit from time to time or go to the bathroom etc but managed to stay off the phone

305 pages. Took me about 6-8 hours to complete.

I fucked two different girls at a party once

blah, blah, blah

why are you not eating a gelato in the public gardens right now?

Holidays are great for cramming a bunch of light reading. I read 300 pages spread throughout the day today but I'm pretty much at my limit as far as focus/retention.

Why would I ever do that?

WEW LADS!

I'm happy for you user.

this is just the weirdest response innit

Dear user,

We appreciate your effort and it looks like you show promise, however we will not be accepting your work as it seems to be mostly filler. You could have let the last sentence entirely on its own and it would have been a much clearer and more concise representation of your butthurt. Please consider making your prose more terse in future submissions.

Regards,

-Ed.

there was a summer in high school i read (basically) from waking to sleeping for a week or more. I got two really good series of books from the library, plus some other decent tomb. great times desu.
Bloody Jack and Tomorrow When the War Began were the series, in case anyone has an edgy 14 yr old that needs distracting.

I read Stoner in one sitting. That's probably it.

I have a lot of trouble concentrating. The most I've ever done in a day was, I think, Faust. Does anyone have advice for improving my ability to read? The depression and brainfog also don't help.

which is?

entire Heart of Darkness in one go. How much is that, 55k words? so 150-260 pages depending on edition.

Read 743 memes in one day. It was pretty sweet

impressive

i read the longest harry potter book (over a 1000 pages in my language) in one go when it came out, i was maybe 13 at the time. obviously i had to eat and take bathroom brakes every now and then, but otherwise the reading was uninterrupted.

Well as a kid I read probably 4/500 pages in a day or so. But that was genre fiction, if I read literature or philosophy or whatever probably no more than about 100 pages or so, after which I don’t absorb anything.

Good Lord that's some atrocious writing.

Why's that?

I've done the same, so for me it's either that or the other day when I read 3 short stories á like 160 pages

I read Captive and Fugitive from In Search of Lost Time within a 24 hour period. It was like 950 pages.

My mom had really upset me so I went to my friend's house even though he and his family wasn't home and read nonstop.

Yeah he should stop trying to actually discuss things and shitpost like the rest of us.

I read 'A Storm of Swords' in around 24 hours

All that text to say nothing at all.

I read Steps and Train Dreams in a few hours each. I think they’re about 120-150 pages.

I also read a big chunk of Brothers Karamazov in one day. Over 200 pages not sure of exact page count though.

Do a favor to yourself and shut the fuck up

tree oh fid