Who are the philosophers that one should read to literally improve their life? In what way do they improve it?

Who are the philosophers that one should read to literally improve their life? In what way do they improve it?

Aurelius helped me to control my anger

>control my anger
You a sperg rager?

Stoicshit only makes people retarded. Fuck off back to plebbit

Hobbes and Norberto Bobbio helped me understand the nature and importance of good goverment.
Nietzche gave me purpose in my useless life.

>statist
You also go back to plebbit

Camus helped me realize there's not much more to life than chadding around inspite of the indifferent universe

Yeah, I've split my knuckles and fractured my wrist numerous times from punching shit out of anger, namely brick walls

Montaigne. Reading the Essays is like talking to that best friend I never had. Helped me set my priorities straight and focus on doing what I can with the present.

Epicurus had it right.

Epictetus, keep yourself in check.

>GOOD government
user...

Vyasadeva. Or whoever authored the vedas. You'll give up on this materialistic life

these guys are cool

Plato
Aristotle
Aurelius, Seneca, and Epictetus
Montaigne
Schopenhauer
Nietzsche
The Bible
Sam Hyde
Shakespeare
Kierkegaard
Emerson
Thoreau

Plato and Aristotle will start you on your course, and of course Homer and the tragedians should be read.

I could literally flip to any page in Montaigne and drop an amazing quote, so I'll do that at the bottom. Montaigne and Schopenhauer take the stoics to the next level by addressing the criticisms of stoics being like wooden posts and turning the advice into something achievable today.

Sam Hyde will get you out of a rut if you are having troubles with your life by advising you to get disciplined (i.e., stop smoking, stop going to parties so often, stop being addicted to entertainment, get a job or find a hobby or both, stop chasing pussy, and start philosophizing and being rational, and in all honesty criticizing everything... all if I want to sum it up extremely crudely and make him seem comparable to most youtubers today, which is far from the case)

Kierkegaard and Shakespeare will make you more human, and will, more than anyone, make you a better person without realizing it. Shakespeare's characters are something to aspire to.

Emerson and Thoreau, similarly to Montaigne and Schopenhauer, are a next step in stoicism.

Montaigne:
>Neither can all the secret thoughts of fathers be communicated to children, lest this beget an unbecoming intimacy, nor could the admonitions and corrections, which are one of the chief duties of friendship, be administered by children to fathers.
>The surest sign of wisdom is constant cheerfulness; her state is like that of things above the moon, ever serene.
>Retire into yourself, but first prepare to receive yourself there; it would be madness to trust in yourself if you do not know how to govern yourself There are ways to fail in solitude as well as in company. (note the heavy Seneca influence here. Both Montaigne and Shakespeare read Seneca, and that should tell you something)
>The great man: "Wise, and master of himself, fearing not death, or chains, or lack of weaalth, disdaining honors, firm against desire, within himself well-rounded and entire, beyond the reach of all external pain, against whom even fortune strikes in vain?" - Horace
>Compare with [the great man] the common run of men today, stupid, base, servile, unstable, and continually tossed about by the tempest of the diverse passions that drive them to and fro; depending entirely on others.

pic related

>Concerning life, the wisest men of all ages have judged alike: it is no good

Just watch TV desu

>You'll give up on this materialistic life
He said, using his computer

>using computers == materialistic
kek

I use what i already have. But don't go out of my way to get new stuff. After all, you can't give up on this material world completely without dying.

Now, plebs, those are materialistic fucks

Read everything and anything. Philosophy is about synthesising the best system of knowledge, so even if you read something that is shit, try to save kernels of truth from it. Your life will improve this way.

>truth always leads to a better life
try nietzsche, my main man

marcus aurelius meditations is worthy of memorization

>Nietzsche
I ordered Birth of Tragedy and the Case of Wagner. His popularity among weeaboos and teenagers is annoying though, and I was one of his fanboys (who never read him) in Year 11.
>happy
I didn't say that. I said it would improve his life. Philosophy isn't about achieving happiness, bro.

Wittgenstein. His late philosophy.

Sun Ra

Sam Hyde is for stoicshitters.
Go back to plebbit, sentimentalist.
>muh Great Man
Find a rock and smash in your knee with it.

Hegesias's lost book. I wish I could read it myself.

No, it's not even worthy of burning. Let the worms feed on it to distract them from better books.
Fuck off back to plebbit, you don't know the first thing about philosophy.

Lol, you one of those autodidacts? I actually study philosophy, at university level, darling.

You need to reread Aurelius dude. You are in dire need.

No, you study platitudes.
I have, it's trash. Stop forming a cult around a stupid emperor. Slave.

you cannot "literally improve your life" by reading philosophy books

JB Peterson m8

Aurelius helped me deepen my sense of the world, and broaden my philosophical knowledge overall.
I cannot stress it enough how much I recommend Meditations to the average man.

The Stoics was against irony. Hyde is basically irony in pure form -- literally the opposite of a stoic

>stop going to parties so often
Is this relevant advice on this website?

Osho

Jesus

>one point
Porch monkey logic, everybody.

Aristotle
Plato
Augustine
Aquinas

In that exact order. you'll be ready for a crusade in no time!