What reason do I have to not sip on diet soda as opposed to it's regular calorie filled counterpart...

What reason do I have to not sip on diet soda as opposed to it's regular calorie filled counterpart? Literally tastes the same, but has 0 calories. What's the catch lads?

Attached: diet soda.jpg (760x380, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/12/04/saccharin-aspartame-dangers.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because aspertame causes cancer. If you think chemical sweetener is better than natural sugar fucking kill yourself.

Attached: yeah_no.gif (250x250, 407K)

Your body doesn’t know what to do with fake sugar, just like it doesn’t know how to handle the toxic amounts in soda/overly sugary foods

It tastes like shit, user.

>tastes the same
Do you chain smoke or just don't have a tongue? Because they do taste different.

If you were that concerned with calories in soda, wouldn't you drink soda water instead?

This. It's harder to burn off the fake sugar than normal sugar, and the fake stuff can even make you more hungry/thirsty.

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/12/04/saccharin-aspartame-dangers.aspx

Especially if he has so little taste that he can't detect a difference between diet and regular soda.

I know aspartame is deadly but is sucralose just as bad? I've been wondering about that

natural sugar is also a chemical sweetener
>what's self control

Keep in mind it still impacts your blood sugar levels

It does not literally taste the same. Why the fuck do people believe this? Are your taste buds fried? Have you had a stroke?

There isn't a catch op.

Aspartame is the most studied food ever. People just don't like it because they see it as unnatural and therefore witchcraft.

The only study I've seen that suggests any kind of ill effect is that when your body tastes it it prepares to process lots of calories from sugar. When it doesn't get those you get hungrier and eat more, leading to weight gain.

There's a lot of bullshit in this thread. Ffs, burning off fake sugar? Things burn because they contain energy. Fake sugar doesn't contain those calories.

It's an industrial waste product, unfortunately

Shill. Pilots are forbidden to consume anything with aspartame before flight. It's a neurotoxin

NO!

It's called self-control.

It tastes worse. It also gives you autism.

Do you guys also think GMOs are bad and that vaccines cause autism?

>Implying vaccines don't cause autism.

Attached: Raisin Laughs.jpg (412x352, 20K)

Or just don't drink sugar water because your babby palate needs sating for you to function.

mercola
Kill yourself

>Literally tastes the same
It doesn't, but if you think it does, you should just drink water, it tastes just as good.

>adhom

Why are caloriecucks mad that diet soda is superior?

I love Coke Zero and legit think it tastes better than regular Coke, but diet Mtn Dew is nothing like the real Mtn Dew, and infinitely worse than Throwback Mtn Dew.

this. too many hippie "i don't like chemicals in my food" type people on Veeky Forums

>literally tastes the same.

No it fucking doesn't.

Attached: 1502846177653.gif (240x180, 2.88M)

We used to have a "Coke Cherry Zero" over here. Sadly they discontinued it. Man, I loved that shit. Legit tasted better than the original.

definitely does not taste the same

in fairness, if he lives in america then both versions are loaded with artificial sweeteners and aspertame
>smoking weed and smoking crack is basically the same thing

I prefer the taste of diet coke. I guess I prefer the flavour of chemical sweeteners. It isn't a problem because I only drink them a couple of times a week. The lack of calories part is just a nice bonus

Have a Zevia!

Attached: IMG_1374.jpg (512x1000, 109K)

If the calories you're saving from diet soda is making or breaking your caloric intake you either drink too much soda or eat too much food.

I drink soda aboutonce or twice a week, but when I do it's an entire 1,5L bottle. In total that would amount to 600-700 calories if I drank regular soda, which really isn't that little. Especially if I'm using it to mix it with spirits, which would be total overkill calorie wise

>drinks a liter at once

Well, ok man go for it if you can't tste the difference. Old Coke Zero was close, diet Dr. Pepper is pretty good. But if you unironically drink diet coke you're insane.

>vaccines cause autism?
but they do user

diet coke tastes better than regular coke tbqh