Does anyone else use disposables for almost every meal or am i just weird?

does anyone else use disposables for almost every meal or am i just weird?
>buy and use plastic cutlery
>got shitloads of paper plates
>got disposable cups
i have regular dishes and cutlery but i dont have a dishwasher and im lazy.

Attached: 8008641-varieties-of-disposable-plates-cups-and-cutlery.jpg (1300x863, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

treehugger.com/culture/ecotip-coffee-cups-spilling-the-beans.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is bait.

I use paper plates for almost every meal, but not cups/cutlery, etc. I have a dishwasher.

i started with paper but i just got even lazier

I don't use paper plates because the chemicals from the plastic leaches into the food.

I reuse plastic cutlery (if it's the flexible kind and not the rigid kind) because I hate the feeling and taste of metal cutlery in my mouth

Yeah I agree with this. I mean I don't make a fuss or anything about it, but when I have the choice I always go with plastic cutlery, just feels better.

Anyway OP, that's bad for the environment, just use normal dishes.

I use the same stuff for months without even rinsing it.

fuck having to wash plates and spoons all the time, disposable foam plates and plastic cutlery is a godsend

I'd buy disposable cups too, but I'd go through them too fast, I only ever wash cups, bowls and cookware now.

You're all degen. Die in a dumpter fire.

Just lazy fat useless millennials.

I’m coming for all your bitch asses.

Attached: 1F45DE7B-5D52-4819-9E46-904C452D8AD8.jpg (480x360, 24K)

To be fair, using paper plates might be environmentally friendlier than using a dishwasher with all the water, detergent and power it uses. That doesnt even take into account what goes into manufacturing one.

I only use paper plates and disposable cups and bowls and cutlery. I also only use disposable aluminum pans for cooking. And viva papertowels are a godsend. I don't have a dish washer and am lazy. If you've ever torn dishwashers apart you wouldn't have one in your home either its fucking discusting in there. I do toss the plastic in the recycling though and take the aluminum to the scrapyard so fuck off captain planet I'm green.

I thought this board was for culinarians not slop bodies. You all discust me and this is coming from someone who carriers their poop around in bag in the woods.

t./out/

i thought it was a meme that americans were really this lazy

Attached: american crockery.jpg (2448x3264, 1.14M)

treehugger.com/culture/ecotip-coffee-cups-spilling-the-beans.html

this doesnt even count the energy that goes into washing it

>am i just weird?
yeah.
And financially and environmentally irresponsible. And you probably have the palletté of a 5yo, overwheigt flyover kid.

Why don't you use chopsticks?

>trying this hard to justify your laziness

this brief article doesn't account for environmental damage caused by the production of the cups and the impact of landfill waste as almost all paper/plastic coffee cups cannot be recycled. also if you'd read and actually understood the article, they say ceramic is the more environmentally-friendly option.

>environmentally irresponsible
debatable and certainly nowhere to as close as bad as you think
>financially irresponsible
depends, time is the ultimate currency, money is just a means to pay for it

Monkeys eat with sticks user, do I look like a monkey to you?

You seemed like someone who enjoys elongated objects in their mouth

>time is the ultimate currency

lazy, obese amerilard confirmed

What like fish dicks?

How is it not? All money is compensation for time. Some peoples time is worth more than others

I prefer to use plastic for acidic and aromatic foods such as prepared mustard or anything with a lot of tomatoes in it. Stainless steel can affect the flavor and reacts with acids.

yeah it also doesnt account for what goes into about 60 wash cycles causes which is something equivalent to what 3000 uses would make

that one ceramic cup isn't going to be washed in a dishwasher alone so the hypothetical environmental cost (i.e water, detergent, electricity) would be shared amongst the longevity of all the other crockery.

Attached: american crockery 2.jpg (5312x2988, 3.74M)

this is the most genuinely depressing thread in the history of Veeky Forums

My dad does this, he's retarded.

>he think his time is too valuable to spend 10 minutes washing dishes
i'm guessing your time is also too valuable to spend cooking a fresh meal for yourself.so that's why you need to east fast food 5 days a week.

I have a bunch of dishes but I only ever use one bowl and one dish to save time on dishwashing.

Just fucking wash it yourself you lazy fuck.

>my dad does this, hes retarded.

Everyone meet spud, son of potato!

I said i use aluminum disposable pans I cook at the time

>60 wash cycles which is something equivalent to what 3000 uses would make
>>that one ceramic cup isn't going to be washed in a dishwasher alone
do you not understand i accounted for that in that statement
good thats how i know its a great thread then

>all these fags bitching about the environment

I bet you wore disposable diapers as a baby and use them with your own children. I had cloth diapers as a baby. Inb4 boomer I'm 27

i've noticed that americans always do this
it's rare to do here in europe

>still trying to justify your laziness by referencing an ignored post () that you've previously made in the thread on an anonymous image board
>being this new

i won't bother addressing the fact that you've now outed yourself as a literal moron, but if you cooked with any regularity you'd know that there's more to preparing food than reheating frozen tendies in a disposable aluminium foil tray when you can't be bothered to visit the nearest drive-thru

Attached: american crockery 3.jpg (2000x1997, 403K)

yeah i dont give two shits its just fun to point out the hypocrisy of their little religion

>i have regular dishes and cutlery but i dont have a dishwasher and im lazy.
Ehh, it's okay every once in a while. It can suck some of the enjoyment out of a nice big party meal to be doing some backbreaking cleanup at the end of it all.

However, there are environmental reasons not to do this all of the time. It is wasteful, quite lazy, but I understand the no dishwasher problem. It isn't much more work to clean up your shit though. If you don't have a double sink of an adequate size, you get a rubbermaid wash basin, fill it with soapy hot water pre-dinner, maybe a Tbsp of bleach too, and drop stuff in there as you prep and cook, and at the end of dining, you pull those soaked and nicely sanitized dishes out, quick wipe with good brush or sponge, and hot rinse and put in your drying rack. If you don't have a good setup to clean, it is indeed a big chore. Even a soap filled brush is cheatmode to doing it fast and right.
I do have a dishwasher, but I like to clean all my stuff as I use it while I'm prepping dinner. I might even pack away leftovers and quickly wipe out or scrub a pot before I sit down and eat myself.

I would never ever ever want to use plastic cups and cutlery daily. I'll take a real fork and knife, and smooth edged spoon anyday.

it's possible i may have misunderstood you as your original post didn't make much sense.
>doesnt account for what goes into about 60 wash cycles causes which is something equivalent to what 3000 uses would make

i mean, the article is from a literal tree-hugging website and probably not solid science (it doesn't give the exact number of equivalent uses for water for polystyrene or paper compared to ceramic, it just says 'more than both combined') so how have you reached the figure of 60 dishwasher cycles to 3000 uses?

I will do most anything but washing dishes by hand is something I hate, hate, hate. It takes all the joy out of cooking and eating when you constantly have to think about how much you will have to wash up later.

This picture always makes me happy. Our fucking president is eating McDonald's on the air force one. How much more American can it get

I used to not have a dishwasher and one time I left dishes in the sink for 3+ months because I was hooked on WoW. It was rancid. Even then I never stooped so low as to use plasticware. I guess that's why some people stay fat and some of us stay skinny.

That's trump force one not air force one you mong

Humans were a mistake.

you were the biggest example of all

I just keep a small amount of dishes and silverware so too many dirty dishes can never accumulate. Then I just hand wash them really fast after dinner.
It would be annoying to have to keep hauling out disposables to the trash can.

Agreed. Selfish cunts

Master race.
>B-B-BUT DA ENBIRONMENT
Shut the fuck up.
Paper literally grows on trees. It is the DEFINITION of "renewable resource".

>environmentally irresponsible
Water is far, FAR more precious than paper/trees are.
Paper literally grows on trees. Fresh water is significantly harder to come by. 70% of the planet is water, but only 2.5% is freshwater.
Washing dishes is INHERENTLY more wasteful than just using paper products.

Unless you're using paper cutlery and paper cups then no

Only Jewish people do this.

>those fucking knives

REEEE WHY DOES CALIFORNIA TORTILLA USE THESE NORMIE TRASH KNIVES

I buy all these in bulk at costco. Spoons/forks/plates/cups. Lasts for months and much easier and i dont give a fuck about the future environment

How often do you have to take out the thrash?

>environment
Humans live 100 years tops. I will not experience any consequence, why would I give TWO SHITS about the environment you Euro Boi.

He wants to make sure hamad has a nice environment for his 15 kids in north europe. Respect his feelings you fucking loser *flexes soy bicep on you*