Alright Veeky Forums I know this will sound stupid but i just started cooking and well how do i cook a chicken breast...

Alright Veeky Forums I know this will sound stupid but i just started cooking and well how do i cook a chicken breast and make sure its juicy

Attached: 1475720679310.png (651x799, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-moist-tender-chicken-breasts-every-time-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-36891
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boil it in chicken stock.

Brine it, flatten it so that it cooks evenly, don't overcook it.

Fuck chicken breast desu, use thighs.

>use thighs
This.

breast in steel pan w/ olive oil or butter 2 mins each side, then throw the pan into the oven for 7 minutes @ 375 to 400 depending on the thickness of the breast, perfect juicy every time. don't forget oven mitts when taking the pan out of the oven. I did that once when I was drunk, held the handle for a good 5 seconds and ended up w/ 2nd degree burns.

sorry, the 2 mins each side is for a sear on the stove top.

lots of people don't like brown chicken meat.

forgot to mention it should be, 2 mins -> flip -> 2 mins -> flip -> then oven, don't forget to flip before putting it in the oven.

Boiling it will make it taste dry, brasing in an oven would work better, but its not easy to get right with breast.

Definitly brineing will make a world of difference, Look up chef steps equilibrium brining method for small domestic batches, its easy to use. Then just pat it dry, sear it and bake it off in an oven, then let it rest for about 5 mins before you cut into it.

When in oven, cover it?

Thighs are my chicken of choice. Also get turkey drumsticks if you see them. My grocery store doesn't usually have them but when they do it's like a dollar per drumstick, money very well spent. Boil the meat off two of them and you are ready to make a hearty stew.

Probably too advanced for a frog but coating it in bread crumbs works a treat for sealing in moisture and flavour.

no

k, but why not?

it's an oven, it's already covered....

Speaking of stupid questions
I cooked spinach for the first time and it tasted like bitter dog shit
Is it supposed to or did i Fuck up

try not adding dog shit to your spinach. Are you at the age yet where vegetables generally taste good to you? if not then get off of this board.

Add a little orange or lemon to it. But yeah, veggies are normally bitter.

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-moist-tender-chicken-breasts-every-time-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-36891

Seems memey but I've cooked with this technique many times and it's fucking outrageous how juicy it turns out. And no, it's not raw in the middle.

>veggies are normally bitter.
what? seems to me you have never had a vegetable.To classify all vegetables as bitter is beyond inaccurate.

Some people have more sensitivity to bitter agents like tannins than others. Olives, wine, broccoli, some people love them and others think they're dogshit.

Hilarious
Usually i just eat raw baby spinach but i tried cooking spinach for the first time for its higher potassium levels
Ill take u up on the orange tho

I like olives and broccoli tho
I didnt even know broccoli could be bitter

>seals in moisture

This is always my main problem with breast, it gets so damn dry! Never fried/breaded chicken though.

Ignore the other answers. You way overcooked it.
I only know this because I grew up thinking I hated spinach, and it was only because the first spinach I had tasted like bitter dog shit. I've never forgotten that awful fucking taste my whole life.
And I was a kid that liked Brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, etc.