Peter Zappfe

What do you guys think of Peter Wessel Zappfe, in particular his essay 'The Last Messiah'. You can read it here: philosophynow.org/issues/45/The_Last_Messiah

I'm beginning to think that I am the 'Last Messiah' prophesized in Zappfe's essay. Humanity has reached a point in the development of it's consciousness where due to both essential human characteristics and social / cultural changes which have served to encourage solipsism, alienation, depersonalization and isolation that we have reached a point where there is a clear existential need for escape, or transcendence, and the previous methods used for this such as religion are unsatisfactory now. People have realized that the fundamental fabric of reality itself, of nature, is both unsatisfactory and horrifying. The only possible escape lurking is some sort of transhumanist future with the establishment of a virtual reality server where we can leave the external world behind and become gods in our own private world, but for various reasons, I find it unlikely that such a technology will be developed in the future. People have been channeling this mass existential crisis into various extremist political ideologies, but I have been thinking of following my destiny and donning the garb of the Last Messiah, letting the collective cosmic pain of humanity resound within me, and establishing a group death cult, a mass suicide of previously unthinkable proportions, and ending humanity's stay on Earth right here and now, for all time, for eternity. I know there are millions that would follow me.

Other urls found in this thread:

aeon.co/essays/having-children-is-not-life-affirming-its-immoral
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There’s a World outside of Nietzsche-influenced pretentious philosphy, where people are content and happy, marry and have children who do the same.

They can always be killed, there's no reason to abide by any moral codes anymore other than the threat of societal punishments like prison, but that can always be overcome. Violence is the most basic primordial desire that animates man anyway, the practice of scalphunting and making trophies of human flesh and bones is as old as the stars. What Benatar and the anti-natalists get wrong is that they don't go far enough, not having children yourself isn't good enough, your legacy must be anti-generational, one of either sterilization or mass murder.

It is a low quality essay, the kind of which you would find on sale on black friday.

This is poor pessimistic bullshit. I'd rather stick to that other pessimistic sob, Schopenhauer, who at least wrote some books.

This guy wrote nothing relevant besides this teenage essay, which he probably wrote on a night he was very sad because some nubile rejected his old ass ?

This is some r9k bullshit.

t.

>life is sooo useless
>i should kill people because they are useless
>i won't kill myself first because... ? [i am a self-obsessed pleb]

Did you fall for the Logitti meme?

You see whiny life-denial and the first guy you think of is Nietzsche? The absolute state of this board.

What do you have to learn from someone who gave up on life, despite being born in the wealthiest nation on Earth, in the best time on Earth?

>I'm beginning to think that I am the 'Last Messiah' prophesized in Zappfe's essay.

FUS RO DAH!

I think of Kierkegaard

Albeit the whole religion of Christianity is, at the core, about denying life (in favor of afterlife)

He's written other things, they just haven't been translated into English.

No, I've never read Ligotti.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Have you read the essay?

I’ll give you that, the metaphor with the antlers is nice.

Yes, that's one of my favorite parts.

He's basically trying to speak for humanity by assuming everyone feels the same way about life as he does

There are many miserable and desperate people, as there are happy and content people

If they're happy and content then they're most likely going to reproduce, so they need to be stopped before that can happen.

Pure ideology

It's not ideology, I'm just explaining what our tactics should be. Here's a good explanation by Benatar on why people's personal perception of their quality of life doesn't matter and letting people procreate is immoral. aeon.co/essays/having-children-is-not-life-affirming-its-immoral

>I'm beginning to think that I am the 'Last Messiah' prophesized in Zappfe's essay
FACK YOOOO!

Is that the anti-natalist guy on youtube?

bump