How do I stop my mind from going blank whenever I read for more than 2 hours...

How do I stop my mind from going blank whenever I read for more than 2 hours? It just does it intermittently and it slows my understanding considerably

Amphetamines

Stop reading after two hours.

Note-taking would probably help.

Bullshit

Why bullshit?

Because it is

>Note taking enfeebles the mind's natural memory capabilities. It's like using a pulley system to help you with your weight lifting and then wondering why you're so weak. Note taking has its place (e.g. you need to record references for citations while doing research), but as soon as you write a note on something the mind goes "well there it is all written down, no need to expend the mental effort to keep it in memory" and it evaporates from your working memory.

kek

Get one of these bad boys, they may be for special needs kids but they are actually really helpful for pacing yourself.

Also, you could stop reading after two hours.

just take a break utes imam

Keep rereading the passage until you find yourself retaining it and moving on to the next

Take a break you moron go for a fucking walk

this or even read standing up. when I get a bit sleepy I read standing for like 5~10 min, when I sit down again I have more energy. When start to get sleepy again, repeat ad infinitum

You're fucking retarded like shit if you think that's a good advice

Stop being a brainlet.

read for 30 min sets, spend 5 mins in-between reviewing (casually, no concentration) what you just read.

Any advice based on time control is dumb as fuck. Op doesn't need a schedule.

Why not? He can just do it 2hrs instead of 30mins then. If he resets his mind (5-10min meditation could do this, but simply leaving and doing something else briefly works too) and reviews what he's read, he should be fine.

reading two hours straight is a lot. its a tremendous amount of information that you are processing.

Pomodoro Technique