Tea thread

lets talk about tea
>brand?
>loose or bagged?
>hot and or cold?

Attached: Nice_Cup_of_Tea.jpg (3072x2304, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B000SATIFA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_bPSRAbXKJBK8S
amazon.com/Bonavita-1-0L-Electric-Kettle-BV3825B/dp/B005YR0GDA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1521414617&sr=8-2&keywords=bonavita kettle&dpID=41NewrFDNQL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
youtube.com/watch?v=6OQKhonG-EY
charlestonteaplantation.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm a fan of David's organics. I buy chamomile and gunpowder green by the pound. I have a pound of English breakfast tea around too but I haven't been drinking it much lately.

I also like Yogi healthy fasting herbal tea for when I fast.

>gun power green tea
You have my attention user.

Whoops, Davidson's* pretty cheap on Amazon

I'm on my second pound of this stuff. It's quite good. I like it with local raw honey and some lemon/ginger. Sometimes I add some herbs from the garden, and it's a great base for herbal blends.

Davidson's Tea Bulk, Gunpowder Green, 1-Pound Bag amazon.com/dp/B000SATIFA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_bPSRAbXKJBK8S

i like kratom, green vein maeng da

i have an open filter for my cup but the leaves just float to the top of it.

It's like it's trying to escape!

lemon-splashed, wild sideritis, my friend. the only way.

Attached: sideritis_scardica.jpg (375x413, 39K)

best enjoyed, sun optional -- but not really

Attached: h445.jpg (640x640, 58K)

What is the official term for tea leaves that are balled up into little pearls? Also what is the benefit of doing that?

I wanna get started with brewing my own tea. What kinda kettle should I look into getting, and what are some good teas to start with?

Russian Caravan, from a block and brewed in a samovar.

My kettle whistles, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

At the moment I have guricha, san nen bancha, CTC BOP Jalinga, and a Taiwanese green I can't remember the name of.

You could get an electric water boiler like they use in Japan, they come with different temperature pre-sets that hold the water at a specific temperature. I use one of those and a stovetop kettle.

i like sencha, araicha, assam tea, earl grey, and turkish tea

Smoky Lapsang Souchong is the best tea there is. Accept no substitutes.

>araicha
What's this?

Sticking with Japanese tea these days. With a preference for the humble bancha, pic related. I find sencha to be "richer" than I like.

Attached: bancha_1024x.jpg (1024x1024, 135K)

a type of green tea. a bit finer than usual sencha

Just get a normal electric kettle, I am genuinely surprised you don't already have one.
I know kids as young as 6 who brew their own tea in the UK.

What you need in entity:
>Cheap electric kettle (If you spend more than £30 you are being scammed big time, £30 is higher end even within this)
>Your favourite mug
>Tea spoon
>Tea bags (English breakfast is best, a good old Twinings is a solid choice)
>(Optional) Milk
>(Optional) Sugar

Maybe he means Aracha (荒茶) which is basically untreated tea.

Alright, I'll look into one.

Do they make electric kettles for American outlets?

>amazon
>google
>walmart

Almost certainly, how else do you boil water, or do Americans just use a hob saucepan whenever they make a coffee?

>electric kettles for American outlets
of course, use the interwebs and figure it out for yourself next time.

or microwave

I realized how dumb that question was right after posting, sorry.

This has to be a meme.

why?

I just had mint tea for the first time.

It was awesome.

Attached: DSC_5377.jpg (3840x2160, 2.14M)

You're genuinely telling me that burgers microwave their water whenever they want a cup of tea or anything else with boiled water instead of using a kettle?

Attached: 7c6.png (211x246, 11K)

I like rustic tea. Know a good vendor?

for a single cup, why not, takes

im american and had never seen someone do this until this year, and now i do it all the time

>spent another $100 on pu'er yesterday
a-at least it's not hooch

This thing is affordable and super easy:
amazon.com/Bonavita-1-0L-Electric-Kettle-BV3825B/dp/B005YR0GDA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1521414617&sr=8-2&keywords=bonavita kettle&dpID=41NewrFDNQL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
As for other teaware, it really depends what sort of tea you're drawn to. If you want to get into loose-leaf Chinese stuff, I can't recommend gaiwans enough.
As for teas to start with, oolongs are a solid option; they are a vast category and offer experiences quite different from what you may have had in the past. I would recommend an affordable Da Hong Pao and a Tie Guan Yin as starting places.

Attached: clay-gaiwans-group-copy.jpg (1584x990, 368K)

As someone who just started drinking tea like 4 days ago, can anybody recommend some tea readily available at grocery stores, teabags preferably. I have an electric tea pot and found I like fresh honey in it.

Stores in my city just started selling yamamotoyama brand teas and I love them, specially their genmaicha

This and jasmine tea is top tier comfy

Attached: 1509462567053.jpg (253x229, 48K)

Anyone try ginger tea? My workplace has really simple ginger teabags and it is excellent though it is a beat weak for me. I can only imagine what some stronger artisinal ginger teas (ie with fancy stuff mixed in) would taste like.

My traditional go to is rooibos earl grey.

Whats the best green tea money can buy?

Is there a tea that would help me go to sleep? I don't want it to become a dependency, just something... relaxing? I don't know

Attached: starssayhello.png (320x251, 55K)

Probably some really high tier matcha tea

Attached: IMG_20180203_121748.jpg (500x500, 198K)

I am drinking some aged mao xia while watching Tampopo. Mao Xia translates to hairy crab.

Attached: hairy-crab.jpg (550x412, 36K)

Look up panda dung tea

real chai
loose
hot

Chamomile, lavender, skullcap, valerian, and a few others. A mix works nicely too

~50-70C is the goldilocks zone of drinking and brewing for me.
Mostly drink a tisane of 5-7 rosebuds or a cup or two of white pekoe.
I'll occasionally have white pai mu tan, and rarely a mix of liquorice root with fennel seeds and a bunch of peppermint.

I highly recommend the rosebuds for people who haven't had it before, and like 'thicker' slightly sweet/floral teas. Can be reused like white teas for a slightly weaker and bitterer taste for a second and, provided you have good buds, third cup. It's quite calming and is supposed to be quite good for you.

I'm open to suggestions of other teas if anyone has any, as long as they're based somewhat on my tea preferences.

I'm aroused by egg yolks now

Linden flower is slightly sweet and honey-like. I recommend it.

Ginger tea is my favorite. But i agree its not very strong, none of it is. I usually add twice as much as i regularly would.
Its amazing with a squirt of lemon.

I've been enjoying hibiscus tea with a spoonful of honey for the last couple weeks.

the japs do everything well and lately i've been enjoying their tea a lot as well...just very smooth, mellow, not too much caffeine, i get the loose leaf stuff and add a couple pinches to a clear glass mug with hot water. simple, tasteful.

Does anyone else have an irrational hate for the expression "cuppatea" or the "word" "cuppa"?

>drinking tea out of anything other than a muffit

youtube.com/watch?v=6OQKhonG-EY

Can't go wrong with honey, greentea and lemon/lime. Just don't bring the water to more than 80c and don't let the tea steep for too long.

How can you drink tea when the plantations are in such poor conditions?

Attached: world-asia-india-34173532.jpg (639x654, 162K)

This is my collection, some of it is mislabeled.
Thoughts?

Attached: foken tea mate.jpg (4608x3456, 1.59M)

I recommend mint, it works for me usually.

I bring tea to work and am a lazy twat in general, so I use bagged tea. Any places with good selections of bagged tea to order, other than Ten Ren?

because I don't drink chai

>brand?
Darjeeling, English Breakfast and Jasmine.
>loose or bagged?
Loose for pretty much everything, bagged for herbal and builders.
>hot and or cold?
it'll get cold before i drink it anyway

pic related, my current stuff

Attached: teatime.png (1000x563, 911K)

I buy my tea from civilized countries

So you only drink Japanese or herbal tea?

charlestonteaplantation.com/

Lapsong Souchang, Russian Caravan or Lady Grey, hot and with some milk

Of course I drink only Japanese tea. Despite Japan getting nuked twice and a nuclear reactor leaking, the tea is still less harmful than tea from China.

Imagine you get the right cup of tea with the right amount of radiation in it and you now have plant powers
I would be envious

the secret start to every anime.

Damn. Imagine getting the power to always brew the perfect cup of tea!

>Of course I drink only Japanese tea. Despite Japan getting nuked twice and a nuclear reactor leaking, the tea is still less harmful than tea from China.

China is the only country in the fucking world that still uses DDT on their tea. DDT is highly carcinogenic and one of the main contributors to the massive cancer epidemic happening in China today. I know because both my parents fell to stomach and colon cancers in China and both tested positive for DDT.

> China
I don't know what you expected, China is just awful all around, get Taiwanese or Japanese tea. Of course I'm Korean so hating China/Japan is nearly mandatory.